ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: House of Cards (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269533)

KCUnited 02-03-2013 07:59 AM

I watched the first 2 episodes and man, that's a lot of Spacey. I'm not a fan of self narrating to begin with. I like the storyline but it may be a bit too much Spacy for me.

DaveNull 02-03-2013 08:20 AM

His narration made me think that the show was going to be like American Beauty where he completely melts down and brings others with him.

four episodes in, it's obvious that's not the case. I really dig the show and fully embrace Netflix becoming the new HBO.

noa 02-03-2013 10:14 AM

I'm three episodes in and will definitely keep watching. The acting is great, story is compelling so far, and I love the aesthetic. I definitely see the Fincher touch.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-03-2013 10:24 AM

This show is incredible. I'm six episodes deep and the name of the show is just perfect. Spacey is ****ing incredible in this role. The only thing that really bugs me is I'm able to predict certain things that are going to happen. But there have been some compelling twists and turns throughout it. I'll probably have it finished by tomorrow night.

I like to marathon the shit out of series, which is one reason I like Netflix so much. I only have time to do it in the Winter so the release of this was perfect, and I love that they dropped all the episodes at once. They spent a ****ton of money on this series, so I hope it's well received and continues.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-03-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 9374031)
His narration made me think that the show was going to be like American Beauty where he completely melts down and brings others with him.

four episodes in, it's obvious that's not the case. I really dig the show and fully embrace Netflix becoming the new HBO.

I'm usually not a big fan of that, but he is killing it. The subtle looks at the camera just crack me up. He is perfect for the narrative.

Deberg_1990 02-03-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9374184)
This show is incredible. I'm six episodes deep and the name of the show is just perfect. Spacey is ****ing incredible in this role. The only thing that really bugs me is I'm able to predict certain things that are going to happen. But there have been some compelling twists and turns throughout it. I'll probably have it finished by tomorrow night.

I like to marathon the shit out of series, which is one reason I like Netflix so much. I only have time to do it in the Winter so the release of this was perfect, and I love that they dropped all the episodes at once. They spent a ****ton of money on this series, so I hope it's well received and continues.

Netflix also had an Original series last year called "Lilihammer" but it didnt get near the amount of praise or pub. Ive never watched it.

|Zach| 02-03-2013 12:03 PM

3 episodes in and I am hooked. Was not expecting this Netflix original content to be this good of quality.

Cool stuff.

Unsmooth-Moment 02-03-2013 11:58 PM

Will start watching tomorrow. Cannot wait.

Buck 02-04-2013 12:02 PM

So I'm 6 episodes in and I'm already sure its one of my favorite shows and that its one of the best shows on TV. I honestly feel like I'm watching HBO or AMC.

Dallas Chief 02-04-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9377569)
So I'm 6 episodes in and I'm already sure its one of my favorite shows and that its one of the best shows on TV. I honestly feel like I'm watching HBO or AMC.

That's what I keep saying...:thumb:

Buck 02-04-2013 03:15 PM

If I didn't care about having a somewhat social life, I would marathon the 2nd half of the season tonight. Instead I'll watch 2 or 3 episodes.

The one thing I don't like about this format is that it takes away from the focussed/structured discussion that normally happens for a TV show on internet message boards.

Deberg_1990 02-04-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9377993)

The one thing I don't like about this format is that it takes away from the focussed/structured discussion that normally happens for a TV show on internet message boards.

Yea, i was going to mention that earlier. Good point.

Part of the fun of stuff like Lost, Walking Dead, Justified is the discussion and anticipation of the weeks episode and whats to come.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-04-2013 05:01 PM

Buck start a thread for each episode after you watch it and want to discuss it. It won't be the same but it's the best I've got. :shrug:

|Zach| 02-04-2013 05:05 PM

I guess I am weird I don't really see discussions of shows with people on the internet that big of a deal at all. There are times where I look into that if I feel confused by the unfolding of a show to see an angle I missed or didn't fully understand but other than that it is pretty rare I tap into that.

Dropping a whole season at one time? Bring it on.

WoodDraw 02-04-2013 05:25 PM

Netflix spent huge money on this. If they didn't buy it, it'd be on one of the other big, traditional players.

I've watched a few, and the quality is there. It'll be interesting to see if amazon and Google (YouTube) follow them. I'd love to see production move away from TV towards modern distribution. This is a big deal, assuming it pays off for them