ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Report: Some guy incapacitated due to drugs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271717)

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9552920)

I went for the smallest whole number, since I figured a true "0" was being barred. Personally, I don't want the site's leading "foodie" missing any time at all.

Fire Me Boy! 04-03-2013 09:54 AM

Well, I thought I found a mobile loophole.

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9552949)
This actualy really pisses me off. I seriously get banned for this, and there's no enforcement of NSFW rules, which is much more harmful IMO. Fine. I'm out.

Your post came through, so you haven't been banned.

Fire Me Boy! 04-03-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9552952)
Your post came through, so you haven't been banned.

I actually was for a few minutes. I'm fine with that. Was actually really pissed at a day.

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9552957)
I actually was for a few minutes. I'm fine with that. Was actually really pissed at a day.

Well, I'm glad you're back. Now, post something cool about paella pans or something. I saw a few in a store the other day and I'm still going back and forth about getting one. Input would be appreciated.

Fire Me Boy! 04-03-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9552964)
Well, I'm glad you're back. Now, post something cool about paella pans or something. I saw a few in a store the other day and I'm still going back and forth about getting one. Input would be appreciated.

I've never made paella, but I'll come up with something. How about polenta?

loochy 04-03-2013 10:01 AM

Wow you got banned. You should constantly write very long posts about how it was wrong that you got banned for that but Dane didn't get banned for being a bad person.

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9552973)
I've never made paella, but I'll come up with something. How about polenta?

Funny you should mention that. I was actually watching a Jacques Pepin show last night, and he made corn polenta with a mushroom ragout.

Thanks for the thought, though. I really am pondering the paella pan, but I'll probably pass on it. I'm getting overstocked with specialty items.

Bearcat 04-03-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9552957)

Seriously though, we have banned people for a few days in the past and it is in the FAQ, so please don't do it in the future.

As far as NSFW stuff, we do enforce it the best we can... if it's reported, we generally clean it up and either send a warning or issue a short ban depending on the situation and the outcome of classified math equations.

(jk about the math... we dropped that when we found out Flopnuts doesn't know what a square root is)

Fire Me Boy! 04-03-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9552984)
Funny you should mention that. I was actually watching a Jacques Pepin show last night, and he made corn polenta with a mushroom ragout.

Thanks for the thought, though. I really am pondering the paella pan, but I'll probably pass on it. I'm getting overstocked with specialty items.

Thing is, you can make paella without a paella pan. Cook's Illustrated has a recipe available for paella in a dutch oven.

Unless you do paella a LOT, it probably isn't worth having one. I'm with Alton Brown: No unitaskers.

BigMeatballDave 04-03-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9552987)
Seriously though, we have banned people for a few days in the past and it is in the FAQ, so please don't do it in the future.

As far as NSFW stuff, we do enforce it the best we can... if it's reported, we generally clean it up and either send a warning or issue a short ban depending on the situation and the outcome of classified math equations.

(jk about the math... we dropped that when we found out Flopnuts doesn't know what a square root is)

Yeah, but it actually wasn't false news or a misleading thread title since the guy in the story is really named Reid.

Yes, I'm aware that FMB did attempt to fool people. Off with his head.

Deberg_1990 04-03-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9552975)
Wow you got banned.

This banning stuff is happening so often now its sort of lost its effectiveness. Its flipped and become like a badge of honor.

Bearcat 04-03-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9553008)
Yeah, but it actually wasn't false news or a misleading thread title since the guy in the story is really named Reid.

Yes, I'm aware that FMB did attempt to fool people. Off with his head.

I suggest looking up the meaning of 'misleading'.

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9553003)
Thing is, you can make paella without a paella pan. Cook's Illustrated has a recipe available for paella in a dutch oven.

Unless you do paella a LOT, it probably isn't worth having one. I'm with Alton Brown: No unitaskers.

I actually don't line up with Alton on that. I think a lot of unitaskers are great: it's a question of which ones make for a significant improvement in ease or results. To me, it's just a question of space.

Fire Me Boy! 04-03-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9552987)

Appreciate the feedback; this kind of thread in the past would not have earned anyone a ban unless they were "trouble" posters. It was always just a fun way to "fool" people by using real news.