ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

ILChief 01-03-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9275819)
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe
Casserly just said on NFL net that the #chiefs won't use first pick in draft on a qb

I'm glad he knows what we are doing in the draft

BossChief 01-03-2013 06:10 PM

Reid said to that reporter in Philly that they need to find a qb and then followed up with "they have the first pick in the draft"

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9275947)
I'm glad he knows what we are doing in the draft

He probably doesn't even remember what flavor of oatmeal he ate in the morning.

ForeverChiefs58 01-03-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9275819)
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe
Casserly just said on NFL net that the #chiefs won't use first pick in draft on a qb

Donovan Mcnabb says Fescoe and Casserly can STFU

htismaqe 01-03-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9275935)
Sounds like the Geno stock is falling at this point. Really does not matter as long as we end up with a winner. My fear is this Vick talk will continue.

Hail Redskins runs a mock draft summary.

Every mock updated in the last 2 weeks has Geno going #1. If anything, his stock is RISING.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9275992)
Hail Redskins runs a mock draft summary.

Every mock updated in the last 2 weeks has Geno going #1. If anything, his stock is RISING.

Yup. So much for the bowl game tanking him. Looks like folks are finally seeing the things some of us saw months ago.

Molitoth 01-03-2013 06:20 PM

I really like the Reid hire, but if the chiefs ignore the QB position again, I will consider following whatever team drafts Geno.
It will be inexcusable to not draft wilson or Geno with the first pick. This Glennon shit has to stop.

RealSNR 01-03-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9276015)
I really like the Reid hire, but if the chiefs ignore the QB position again, I will consider following whatever team drafts Geno.
It will be inexcusable to not draft wilson or Geno with the first pick. This Glennon shit has to stop.

It will. That stupid bitch MIGHT get lucky and find a great QB coach in an environment where he can sort of coast along for a few years before being handed the starting gig, but that's highly doubtful. Teams who draft QBs high generally need them to play here and there AT LEAST in the first two seasons.

Glennon is more raw than Gabbert. A team like Arizona or Jacksonville who might draft him will get nothing but a wet, smelly turd stinking up the team on Sundays

htismaqe 01-03-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9276015)

We could take Ryan Nassib in the 2nd. Reid has a history with Syracuse QBs. :evil:

Molitoth 01-03-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9276045)
We could take Ryan Nassib in the 2nd. Reid has a history with Syracuse QBs. :evil:

That would not get me excited at all.

RealSNR 01-03-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9276045)

I've only recently started looking at Zac Dysert because Nightfyre is really high on that guy. What's the deal with Nassib? Admittedly I've only seen him play in the Pinstripe Bowl, so I don't want to poop on the guy before I even know what he's about. What are some of his good games he's had that I can take a look at?

I want to see if he'll be an adequate backup to Geno :D

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 06:35 PM

Looked alright in the Mizzou game I watched.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2013 06:36 PM

Anyone else like Dysert or is Night going full findthetrevorlaws on us

RealSNR 01-03-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9276081)
Anyone else like Dysert or is Night going full findthetrevorlaws on us

I am now a huge fan of Dysert per Nightfyre's suggestion. I really hope we can still get him with our presumed comp pick in the 3rd round, or even the 4th.

Dysert is an excellent developmental prospect. Excellent touch, and his knack for making huge plays when stuff breaks down is very sexy. Looks a bit spindly... would be interested if he had an injury history. I haven't heard anything about one so far, so I'll assume he's pretty sturdy.

htismaqe 01-03-2013 06:43 PM

Ours isn't the only forum going through this:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=53987&page=17