ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2012 07:50 PM

You are a racist.

Pin Head 12-31-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 9261696)
Ya because signing some cast off reject like Alex Smith and drafting a LT we don't need. Or better yet wasting a #1 on an inside linebacker would make us so much better.

Troll away

2013: No QB 's worth taking in the top 20 picks. Also, Bowe whom is a very good WR,is out. The future is bleak I can envision a draft scenario worse with trading away the 2014 1st round pick to move back into round one to draft Barkley or Glennon or...try the 2014 1st round pick for Cousins:)

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2012 07:53 PM

Scott Wright says differently Bob. Bowe will gladly come back with Varys gone and Geno in the fold.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2012 07:55 PM

Wait a minute :hmmm: Knowmo you little bitch

ILChief 12-31-2012 07:58 PM

Petro was trashing Geno today. Saying he could fall to second round and said he behaved like a spoiled baby on the sidelines during the bowl game. Pimping Matt Barkley.

keg in kc 12-31-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9261838)
Petro was trashing Geno today. Saying he could fall to second round and said he behaved like a spoiled baby on the sidelines during the bowl game. Pimping Matt Barkley.

Petro's one of the only guys I'll listen to in town, but knowing his philosophy re: drafting a QB in a general sense, he's one of the last people I'll listen to (in any year) when it comes to talking about the position. He just doesn't "get it". Never has. 99.99% of the time he's great. But not when he's talking QBs in the draft. He's just painfully conservative.

Bowser 12-31-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9261817)
2013: No QB 's worth taking in the top 20 picks. Also, Bowe whom is a very good WR,is out. The future is bleak I can envision a draft scenario worse with trading away the 2014 1st round pick to move back into round one to draft Barkley or Glennon or...try the 2014 1st round pick for Cousins:)

How much did that Mel Kiper Jr. cheatsheet cost you, anyway?

Molitoth 12-31-2012 08:14 PM

Trade a first round pick for cousins? Oh my ****ing god.

Nightfyre 12-31-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9261801)
lol i'm not even saying anyting other than he has bad situational awareness. He should have stepped up and if you can't see it then i'm sorry. I have my opinions on geno its just funny when people just can't see the obvious. He did NOT have a good game, he made some critical errors, hsi stats, ya they were fine, he had some bad throws but it's to be expected in those conditions, he had some good throws, great. It's not his skills that i ? it's his awareness and his mentality.

his mentality? Jesus christ. What do you know about his mentality? I sure as shit don't know anything about his mentality so I don't see how you could, unless you know him personally?

As to whether or not he could have stepped up - he couldn't - but it's clearly a point that is an impasse at best as I can't make you un-blind. So I am stepping away from that point. I have watched nearly every Geno game this year (and more than once if you count rewatching every snap youtubes.) I can tell you he has good pocket awareness.

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 08:31 PM

his mentality showed during the game, after the safety running and getting in the officials face, and not letting it go till teammates started pulling him away even then he was still trying to get to the official. Coming to the sideline pouting and throwing his arms in a fit. During the K-State game throwing gatorade cups around and cussing while looked to be crying. The jabbering with fans and throwing gang signs to the texas fans rather than ST-FU and focus on football.

He COULD have stepped up i still cannot believe you can't see that in the gif, it baffles me that you cannot see he had a clear lane up and to either left or right before the defender pushed his tackles into him.

I've watched ALOT of his snaps aswell. His pocket awareness is not bad, it could use some work, it's his situational awareness that is bad. Like both safeties. You cannot do what he did on both safeties you just can't. he tried a half assed sidestep to elude a full speed on coming rusher, and then he retreated 10 yards into the endzone and held the ball till the very last second and flipped it out. That one is the worst cause he just never should have put himself back there. Your on the 9 yard line and take a 7 step drop, as a QB and a smart one at that you have to realize you cannot take ANY steps back no matter what, Go ****ing fetal if you have to but don't go back into the endzone when it's obvious your o-line is getting the shit pushed in back towards you.

Agree or no?

Three7s 12-31-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9261935)
his mentality showed during the game, after the safety running and getting in the officials face, and not letting it go till teammates started pulling him away even then he was still trying to get to the official. Coming to the sideline pouting and throwing his arms in a fit. During the K-State game throwing gatorade cups around and cussing while looked to be crying. The jabbering with fans and throwing gang signs to the texas fans rather than ST-FU and focus on football.

He COULD have stepped up i still cannot believe you can't see that in the gif, it baffles me that you cannot see he had a clear lane up and to either left or right before the defender pushed his tackles into him.

I've watched ALOT of his snaps aswell. His pocket awareness is not bad, it could use some work, it's his situational awareness that is bad. Like both safeties. You cannot do what he did on both safeties you just can't. he tried a half assed sidestep to elude a full speed on coming rusher, and then he retreated 10 yards into the endzone and held the ball till the very last second and flipped it out. That one is the worst cause he just never should have put himself back there. Your on the 9 yard line and take a 7 step drop, as a QB and a smart one at that you have to realize you cannot take ANY steps back no matter what, Go ****ing fetal if you have to but don't go back into the endzone when it's obvious your o-line is getting the shit pushed in back towards you.

Agree or no?

Blame Holgerson. He's the idiot that had them line up in the pistol and call for a deep play down the field AT THE ONE FREAKING YARD-LINE!

PriestMVP31 12-31-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9261935)

Agree or no?

No.

fairladyZ 12-31-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9261950)
Blame Holgerson. He's the idiot that had them line up in the pistol and call for a deep play down the field AT THE ONE FREAKING YARD-LINE!

yes that was very stupid, but it's his call, geno has to know what to do to avoid taking a safety. Hence why i said in my one post that shit happens sometimes got to pick yourself up and move on, which geno did.

It was the other safety that was bad, that he let it happen again and this one was ALL on him not the coach

Molitoth 12-31-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9261968)
yes that was very stupid, but it's his call, geno has to know what to do to avoid taking a safety. Hence why i said in my one post that shit happens sometimes got to pick yourself up and move on, which geno did.

It was the other safety that was bad, that he let it happen again and this one was ALL on him not the coach

Yes he had a bad play and a bad game. He is still the best prospect this year with a very high ceiling paired with the right OC.
If you are the chiefs and havnt drafted a QB in 30 years, You draft him at number one without even thinking about it.

Tombstone RJ 12-31-2012 08:45 PM

geno or mingo? tuff call.