ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music screen door slams Mary's dress waves (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266688)

Demonpenz 11-16-2012 01:34 PM

screen door slams Mary's dress waves

WHoooaaaaHH thunder road!

tomahawk kid 11-16-2012 01:38 PM

You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........

Demonpenz 11-16-2012 01:39 PM

THERE'S SOMETHING HAPPENING SOMEWHERE!

Hammock Parties 11-16-2012 01:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/VbwYZ.gif

Nzoner 11-16-2012 02:12 PM

Well the nights busting open
These two lanes will take us anywhere

Tomorrow night at Sprint,can't wait!

Demonpenz 11-16-2012 02:13 PM

BOSS so hard

Rain Man 11-16-2012 02:14 PM

Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays.

Best song ever. It captures what every man wants to do - grab his woman, rev the engine, and trade in the cage of his current life for the exhilarating freedom that can only come from hitting the open road with nothing - and everything - left behind.

Rain Man 11-16-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9123552)
Well the nights busting open
These two lanes will take us anywhere

Tomorrow night at Sprint,can't wait!

I'm at the Monday night show in Denver. I'm really hoping to hear Cadillac Ranch or Detroit medley.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce.

BlackHelicopters 11-16-2012 02:32 PM

I saw her standing on her front lawn just twirlin her baton.

gblowfish 11-16-2012 02:44 PM

Have a little faith, there's magic in the night.
You ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright.
And that's alright with me.

I've seen the Boss a couple times. Miss the big man on sax. Last time Bruce was here his cousin died in his hotel room on the Plaza.

Stewie 11-16-2012 02:45 PM

I see he only plays Blinded by the Light on occassion. I'd like to hear that live.

Dylan 11-16-2012 05:03 PM

They scream your name at night in the street
Your graduation gown lies in rags at their feet
And in the lonely cool before dawn
You hear their engines roaring on
But when you get to the porch they're gone
On the wind, so mary climb in
Its a town full of losers
And Im pulling out of here to win.

DomerNKC 11-16-2012 05:07 PM

the boss is boss. Can't wait til tomorrow night!

penguinz 11-16-2012 05:30 PM

crap

Nzoner 11-16-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9123566)
I'm at the Monday night show in Denver. I'm really hoping to hear Cadillac Ranch or Detroit medley.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce.

I've heard he has a drop down screen and does quite a tribute to the big man

https://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com...ce%20Floor.JPG

Nzoner 11-16-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9123629)
Last time Bruce was here his cousin died in his hotel room on the Plaza.

We had 10 tickets and all of us had rented a limo for that show,we were sitting at McCoy's Brew Pub when everyone's phones lit up that the show had been cancelled :(

Nzoner 11-16-2012 05:37 PM

Light Of Day from the New York DVD is so awesome,really captures the energy the Boss and E Street is capable of putting forth.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1r4gczUvJ3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dylan 11-16-2012 05:54 PM

Great version: Bruce Springsteen, Thunder Road

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RRvnsj8G7QM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WELL I GOT THIS GUITAR AND I LEARNED HOW TO MAKE IT TALK

Thunder Road with the "Big Man"
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FocIlccCBsY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Demonpenz 11-16-2012 06:00 PM

Elmur fuud sings bruce springsteen

Dylan 11-16-2012 06:00 PM

Bruce Springsteen & The East Street Band

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IxuThNgl3YA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway american dream
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines
Sprung from cages out on highway 9,
Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin out over the line
Baby this town rips the bones from your back
Its a death trap, it's a suicide rap
We gotta get out while were young
`cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

jspchief 11-16-2012 06:09 PM

Springsteen goes right next to U2 on my list of very popular groups that I just don't get. At all.

Dylan 11-16-2012 06:09 PM

Rosalita, Come Out Tonight

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CYHGh6lmSbo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My tires were slashed and i almost crashed but the lord had mercy
My machine she's a dud out stuck in the mud somewhere in the swamps of jersey
Hold on tight stay up all night `cause rosie i'm comin' on strong
By the time we meet the morning light i will hold you in my arms
I know a pretty little place in southern california down san diego way
There's a little cafe where they play guitars all night and day
You can hear them in the back room strummin'
So hold tight baby `cause don't you know daddy's comin'

Rosalita jump a little...

Nzoner 11-16-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9124003)
Springsteen goes right next to U2 on my list of very popular groups that I just don't get. At all.

There's no grey area with Bruce you either do or you don't.Personally it was 1981 when I got a call from a friend to go to his River Tour show and I was very hesitant having only heard a couple of songs.Decided to go and the man played for 4 hours with one,fifteen minute break and I realized then why he was called The Boss and had been written about in Rolling Stone with the quote,"I have seen the future of rock-n-roll and his name is Bruce Springsteen."

Once I started reading his lyrics I was a diehard fan.

Psyko Tek 11-16-2012 07:01 PM

only saw him once born in the usa tour, Devany center, in a town called Lincoln Nebraska

Superbowltrashcan 11-16-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9124003)

Not trying to poke the bear, but two questions: how old are you and what groups do you get so to speak? The first may answer the second.

For me Bruce was the Young Uncle I never had that lept through life like an antelope and made me dream of all that could be. Since then he has become my generation's Woodie Guthrie and Pete Seeger. He is a not to be missed. All of my kids have him on their playlists along with Beastie Boys Madonna and Rhianna. They hear him in what they listen to...

penguinz 11-16-2012 08:41 PM

Bruce is nothing compared to Eddie and the Cruisers.

patteeu 11-16-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9123566)

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think you're going to hear either of those on Monday.

If you're interested in seeing what songs to expect, check out this website (setlist.fm). You can see what people say he's played at other concerts on this tour. You can even look at the tour statistically to see what songs he's played at the most shows (in this case, it's "We Take Care of Our Own").

Some artists play the same set night after night, but it looks to me like Springsteen varies his setlist quite a bit from show to show.

Nzoner 11-16-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9124234)

Some artists play the same set night after night, but it looks to me like Springsteen varies his setlist quite a bit from show to show.

Yep,he's known for that,hopefully tomorrow the odds are in our favor of hearing Spirits in the Night.

NJChiefsFan 11-16-2012 10:14 PM

We produce more than douche bag reality shows. I'm about a decade short on his real era but I still love the Boss. Guess I can thank my dad for that.

Rain Man 11-16-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9124234)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think you're going to hear either of those on Monday.

If you're interested in seeing what songs to expect, check out this website (setlist.fm). You can see what people say he's played at other concerts on this tour. You can even look at the tour statistically to see what songs he's played at the most shows (in this case, it's "We Take Care of Our Own").

Whoa. That statistical look is exactly what I've been looking for. I was looking at his past set lists to try to predict, and it's hard to do since he varies so much. You can figure out a few sure things (or near-sure things, apparently), but there's a lot of randomness in it.

I figured those two songs I mentioned were long shots, but hey, I'm good either way.

Dylan 11-16-2012 10:52 PM

Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland (Live in Madison Square Garden, New York City 2001)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tGU0z1DGO8E?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

Unforgettable performance Live in New York City. Possibly one of the greatest performances of all time. Includes poetic lyrics, guitar, keyboard solos and the epic saxophone solo by the Big Man.

Rain Man 11-16-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9123963)
I've heard he has a drop down screen and does quite a tribute to the big man

In an unusual turn of events, this will actually be my second show on this tour. I was at a concert in Los Angeles earlier this year. He has a nice tribute to the fallen band members, Danny and Clarence, though I think Danny gets a little bit of a short shrift. I may be alone in this, but I think Danny's organ and accordion are just as emblematic of Springsteen as Clarence's saxophone. I love the organ in Jungleland and the accordion in Sandy, among others.

I really like that he didn't just replace those two, and instead recreated and changed the band. I'm a fan of the addition of the horn section, and it doesn't elicit comparisons. It was a great move.

Rain Man 11-16-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9123636)
I see he only plays Blinded by the Light on occassion. I'd like to hear that live.

According to patteeu's link, he's played it once on this concert. That would really be a good one to hear live.

He also played Growin' Up twice on the tour. I tend to link those songs stylistically and think they were the best ones on the Asbury Park album.

Demonpenz 11-16-2012 11:32 PM

Any sax is good sax

Rain Man 11-16-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9124487)
Any sax is good sax

Are you going to the concert or was this thread just a random thought?

Nzoner 11-17-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9124442)
Whoa. That statistical look is exactly what I've been looking for. I was looking at his past set lists to try to predict, and it's hard to do since he varies so much. You can figure out a few sure things (or near-sure things, apparently), but there's a lot of randomness in it.

I figured those two songs I mentioned were long shots, but hey, I'm good either way.

I just had a thought,seeing that Bruce cancelled the last KC show due to the unfortunate death of his cousin and it is a Saturday night,maybe we're in for one of those I'm A Rocker,Out In The Streets,Born To Run with The Spirits In The Night reliving the Glory Days of My Hometown with Rosalita in Jungleland Dancing In The Dark till The Light Of Day shows. :)

patteeu 11-17-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9124634)
I just had a thought,seeing that Bruce cancelled the last KC show due to the unfortunate death of his cousin and it is a Saturday night,maybe we're in for one of those I'm A Rocker,Out In The Streets,Born To Run with The Spirits In The Night reliving the Glory Days of My Hometown with Rosalita in Jungleland Dancing In The Dark till The Light Of Day shows. :)

LOL Whatever you're in for, I'm sure it will end up being a good show.

Nzoner 11-18-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9124672)
LOL Whatever you're in for, I'm sure it will end up being a good show.

Guarantee we got a one and only opening as he did Kansas City with the band and it was fantastic.Not only that he a actually played Light Of Day PBJ

Nzoner 11-19-2012 09:57 AM

Bump for Rainman,enjoy tonight :toast:

patteeu 11-19-2012 09:59 AM

Yeah, have fun. And remember, if things get crazy on the floor, just get up on someone's shoulders and flash your boobies and people will leave you alone.

Rain Man 11-19-2012 11:04 AM

I'm going to take the afternoon off and head over to the lottery to see if I can get up next to the stage. And if it helps my chances, I'm not afraid to show a little nipple.

I have no idea what the odds are of getting next to the stage. You have to have floor tickets, and you have to show up early and basically kill three hours to do it. I wonder how many floor tickets are sold, and how many people show up for the lottery?

How was the KC show?

Nzoner 11-19-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9133131)

How was the KC show?

Outstanding except his 7:30 show started about 8:20

He made up for it though

A.Opened with Kansas City and it was two thumbs way up
B.Played a solid three hours
C.Performed Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

But most of all...
He played Light Of Day PBJ

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1r4gczUvJ3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man 11-19-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9133185)
Outstanding except his 7:30 show started about 8:20

He made up for it though

A.Opened with Kansas City and it was two thumbs way up
B.Played a solid three hours
C.Performed Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

But most of all...
He played Light Of Day PBJ

Awesome. I do enjoy Light of Day, and the Santa Claus one would be cool, too.

He was more than an hour late in the LA concert I saw this last year. I wish they would get their act together better on that. I understand starting a few minutes late, but an hour or more is disrespectful of the audience.

Nzoner 11-19-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9133196)

He was more than an hour late in the LA concert I saw this last year. I wish they would get their act together better on that. I understand starting a few minutes late, but an hour or more is disrespectful of the audience.

I've seen him four times and he's been at least that late every time.

Nzoner 11-19-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9133196)

BTW,the mrs told me that was CC's nephew playing sax,he was awesome,The Big Man would be proud.

Stewie 11-19-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9133131)
I'm going to take the afternoon off and head over to the lottery to see if I can get up next to the stage. And if it helps my chances, I'm not afraid to show a little nipple.

I have no idea what the odds are of getting next to the stage. You have to have floor tickets, and you have to show up early and basically kill three hours to do it. I wonder how many floor tickets are sold, and how many people show up for the lottery?

How was the KC show?

If it's setup like the Sprint Center the floor was divided in half (front/back) with a riser that Bruce walked out to a few times. I couldn't tell if the people in the back could move to the front or not. I think they could. We got to our seats about 6:45 and the floor was already pretty full.

We had a father and son sitting in front of us that have seen several shows on this tour. They said 8:15 is typically starting time (or about 45 minutes from the scheduled time). They're from Houston and will be at the show tonight in Denver. Talk about dedicated fans.

Stewie 11-19-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9133226)
BTW,the mrs told me that was CC's nephew playing sax,he was awesome,The Big Man would be proud.

He was very good, as was the entire horn section.

I think the best gig in the world would be the bass player in the E Street Band. That guy just kind of kicked back and thumped all night long.

Rain Man 11-19-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9133279)
He was very good, as was the entire horn section.

I think the best gig in the world would be the bass player in the E Street Band. That guy just kind of kicked back and thumped all night long.

He's been their bass player since the 70s. I'm presuming that his guitar actually works, but I never seem to hear the bass at these concerts. He's just back there picking and strumming the whole time. I bet his stress level is like that of a Tibetan monk.

DomerNKC 11-19-2012 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 102784

DomerNKC 11-19-2012 09:53 PM

i was a little close...

Rain Man 11-20-2012 11:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
They let 500 people into the pit, and we drew number 456 in that group, so we got to go right up front, albeit not right next to the stage. It was great! We were closer to Springsteen than his horns and backup singers were, and when he'd come to the front of the stage we were even closer than his drummer was. Great show!

Stewie 11-20-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9136396)
They let 500 people into the pit, and we drew number 456 in that group, so we got to go right up front, albeit not right next to the stage. It was great! We were closer to Springsteen than his horns and backup singers were, and when he'd come to the front of the stage we were even closer than his drummer was. Great show!

Awesome!

I told my gf on Saturday that I hope to have 1/2 his energy when I'm 63.

patteeu 11-20-2012 12:17 PM

I assume that neither of you had any trouble seeing the stage? Sounds like it worked out well.

What was the best song of the night (or the best highlight)?

Rain Man 11-20-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9136514)
I assume that neither of you had any trouble seeing the stage? Sounds like it worked out well.

What was the best song of the night (or the best highlight)?

We had a great view of the entire stage, and for the most part didn't even have any tall people blocking us. There was a smaller stage behind us, and he came out there a couple of times where we were basically right next to him. (This is where he was in the second photo I posted.) My wife got to help pass him back up to main stage when he had the crowd surf him back up.

He did several of his old classics, which are great, and a lot of songs that I like from his new album. I would have to say that my favorite three songs, though, were:

Working on the Highway - Great high-tempo song that I don't think I've heard live before, and it's one of my top ten Springsteen songs.

Bishop Dancing - I've heard this, but couldn't place it, and it's a great song. A knowledgeable fellow next to me said that it's only the second time he's done it in concert, and this more or less confirms that: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bruce...me-since-1973/

Get Out of Denver - It's apparently a Seger song, but it was his first song out of the chute and it was a nice high-energy start. Part of my enjoyment may have been that I was still marveling at how close we were to the action, but it was a great fun song to start with.

patteeu 11-20-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9136580)
We had a great view of the entire stage, and for the most part didn't even have any tall people blocking us. There was a smaller stage behind us, and he came out there a couple of times where we were basically right next to him. (This is where he was in the second photo I posted.) My wife got to help pass him back up to main stage when he had the crowd surf him back up.

He did several of his old classics, which are great, and a lot of songs that I like from his new album. I would have to say that my favorite three songs, though, were:

Working on the Highway - Great high-tempo song that I don't think I've heard live before, and it's one of my top ten Springsteen songs.

Bishop Dancing - I've heard this, but couldn't place it, and it's a great song. A knowledgeable fellow next to me said that it's only the second time he's done it in concert, and this more or less confirms that: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bruce...me-since-1973/

Get Out of Denver - It's apparently a Seger song, but it was his first song out of the chute and it was a nice high-energy start. Part of my enjoyment may have been that I was still marveling at how close we were to the action, but it was a great fun song to start with.

That's pretty cool. I'd never heard that Bishop Danced song before. Thanks for the link.

I didn't realize that Get Out of Denver was a Seger original. I knew he did it, but I always assumed it was a cover for some reason. That would be a great one to kick off a show there.

Rausch 11-20-2012 12:59 PM

I don't even know what the **** this means.

Straight, No Chaser 12-08-2012 01:03 PM

B
Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser (Post 9183562)
Tomorrow night last North American tour date (this year) in Glendale, AZ.

Could I hear Kitty's Back, Lost in the Flood perhaps?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

UPDATE 12-9: Did get to hear Lost in the Flood :clap:
Wife took some pics:

http://pb-i4.s3.amazonaws.com/photos...896808-2-l.jpg

http://pb-i4.s3.amazonaws.com/photos...897174-0-l.jpg