ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pest Mock - 02/28 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281818)

Direckshun 03-02-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10460639)
Billy Turner, Joel Bitonio, Brandon Thomas

One of these guys will be a Chief if they are there in the 3rd-4th and we don't re-sign Schwartz.

Very possible.

Direckshun 03-02-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10462422)
100% bullshit.

Finding a cover linebacker that can stay on the field is incredibly important. You don't let an offense dictate that way.

Bowman and Willis pretty much never leave the field and that's worked out pretty well for the 49ers.

Name one less important position in the 3-4 D.

The Bad Guy 03-02-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10462467)
Name one less important position in the 3-4 D.

The difference between me and you is that I think all positions are important. You want to just throw peanuts at a position that could be exploited if there's not talent there.

Investing a 3rd rounder that can keep this defense multiple on all downs is a big deal for me. It's clearly not a big deal for you.

Direckshun 03-03-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10462505)
The difference between me and you is that I think all positions are important. You want to just throw peanuts at a position that could be exploited if there's not talent there.

Investing a 3rd rounder that can keep this defense multiple on all downs is a big deal for me. It's clearly not a big deal for you.

Oh, I think all positions are important. I just think know that some positions have a bigger impact on the field than others.

A nose tackle blowing up his opponent all game will impact a defense greater than, say, a strong safety doing extremely well.

That isn't to say let's ignore the "lesser" positions. But until those positions are locked down, save the biggest tools to improve our roster for the spots that can make the biggest impact.

I'd rather have a great WR than a great TE.

I'd rather have a great OT than a great OG.

I'd rather have a great single-high safety than a great #2 corner.

As would everybody else on this board, including yourself.

The only time I'd grant an exception is that if the ILB at the pick you're considering is that much better than everybody else. Which, in this draft, almost certainly won't be the case.

The Bad Guy 03-03-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10464113)
Oh, I think all positions are important. I just think know that some positions have a bigger impact on the field than others.

A nose tackle blowing up his opponent all game will impact a defense greater than, say, a strong safety doing extremely well.

That isn't to say let's ignore the "lesser" positions. But until those positions are locked down, save the biggest tools to improve our roster for the spots that can make the biggest impact.

I'd rather have a great WR than a great TE.

I'd rather have a great OT than a great OG.

I'd rather have a great single-high safety than a great #2 corner.

As would everybody else on this board, including yourself.

The only time I'd grant an exception is that if the ILB at the pick you're considering is that much better than everybody else. Which, in this draft, almost certainly won't be the case.

Did you think Navorro Bowman was a stud coming out?