ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Christmas party's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267480)

FlaChief58 12-08-2012 03:17 PM

Christmas party's

The Mrs & I are heading to the first of 3 company Christmas parties. I don't normally go but I've only been with the company for 6 months and my boss personally invited me, I feel obligated. Not to mention, this one has an open bar so, it won't be so bad.

Just curious how many of you go to company parties and do you go because you want to or because you feel you have to. Merry Christmas!

Gonzo 12-08-2012 03:28 PM

I went to one Thursday at a bowling alley. I was the first to leave, too. I just can't stand that shit anymore. Seems the older I get, the less I want to be around these people. All they do is drink and bitch...

1ChiefsDan 12-08-2012 03:36 PM

Just make sure you get shit faced and make fun of your boss. Good times and best thing for your career.

mlyonsd 12-08-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9189959)
Just make sure you get shit faced and make fun of your boss. Good times and best thing for your career.

Flattering the boss's wife by hitting on her is another good career move.

Pushead2 12-08-2012 03:41 PM

I don't like them personally. I go to my team's Christmas party but only because you have to and you have to maintain a certainstyle there.

Going to corporate parties are great because I don't work for them, I get shitfaced and try my hardest to get a girl's digits or laid. In my life I'm 3 for 9. Not too bad.

Pushead2 12-08-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9189962)
Flattering the boss's wife by hitting on her is another good career move.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/P...malhouse32.jpg

BlackHelicopters 12-08-2012 04:45 PM

Urinating in the parking lot will win you big points.

hometeam 12-08-2012 04:48 PM

Going to one tonight. I go becuase I want too. And not so I can hang out, but so I can win something good~ Boss bought ten grand of tv,s game systems, blueray players, etc from best buy yesterday, and then add on top of that 10 grand worth of gift cards.

Without prizes I wouldnt go. I spend most of my life with those people, no reason to go out of my way to do more.

ThaVirus 12-08-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9190068)
Going to one tonight. I go becuase I want too. And not so I can hang out, but so I can win something good~ Boss bought ten grand of tv,s game systems, blueray players, etc from best buy yesterday, and then add on top of that 10 grand worth of gift cards.

Without prizes I wouldnt go. I spend most of my life with those people, no reason to go out of my way to do more.

Where do you work and are you hiring?

007 12-08-2012 05:02 PM

I absolutely hate company christmas parties and don't go unless it is practically required. My wife is going to her work party tonight. I wasn't about to pay for babysitting for that so I am staying home.

Otter 12-08-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9189947)
I went to one Thursday at a bowling alley. I was the first to leave, too. I just can't stand that shit anymore. Seems the older I get, the less I want to be around these people. All they do is drink and bitch...

Amen brother.

I could be slopping around in hip boots trying to pull a trout and these people I see for 40 hours a week feel the need to invite me to stand in their living room and act like I want to be there. So, instead of being in my wool pajamas on my couch I have to get dressed up and stand in your living room. It's ****ing torture.

Let's go on a hike, or see an IMAX movie, or a museum or something...I see you every day from 8 to 5. What are we gonna talk about?!?!?!?? At least lets have something to talk about and new, don't make me stand in your living room and not drink too much.

**** I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR except for family.

007 12-08-2012 05:11 PM

The other thing I hate is people feeling the need to buy gifts at work. UGH I hate that crap.

Psyko Tek 12-08-2012 05:16 PM

last year my Christmas party was 4 days 3 nights in cancun all paid resort
this year will be a barbeque at the bosses house
but did get 2 weeks pay for a xmas bonus
so ain't bitching

Big Chief Homer 12-08-2012 05:44 PM

Mines next sunday night.Told the Boss yesterday I would not be attending.

Hate Christmas parties and my co-workers.Add alcohol and my big mouth.

Not a good combination.Better to stay home with the kids.

Old Dog 12-08-2012 05:48 PM

Ours is always during the work day. 21st this year. As soon as the date was announced, I put in for a vacation day.