ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

Ebolapox 04-18-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9599166)
I took the day off and am sitting at home watching NFLN and they just said the Dolphins are willing to give up BOTH second round picks for Albert.

I had to rewind the dvr and listen again to make sure I heard it right and I did.

I wouldn't be pissed if we get both 2s for him and take Fisher...so long as we take a qb to groom with one of the second rounders (or trade up if one of them falls)

yeah, I would be content with that. not happy, but content.

it would be even BETTER if you trade down, pick up ANOTHER second round pick, and pick your QB (there are reasonably good tackles that will go in the second round--hell, pick barrett jones of alabama, who will likely fall to the fourth round due to starting next season on PUP, and go with stephenson/schwartz at tackle this season. remember: barrett jones was an all-american at LT for alabama last year before switching to center) and just freaking pick geno smith or matt barkley.

if dorsey did that, I'd be TOTALLY thrilled

The Franchise 04-18-2013 10:28 AM

I'd be happy with any of these guys in the 2nd round.

Menelik Watson, Florida State
Kyle Long, Oregon
Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff

Rain Man 04-18-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

I took the day off and am sitting at home watching NFLN and they just said the Dolphins are willing to give up BOTH second round picks for Albert.

I had to rewind the dvr and listen again to make sure I heard it right and I did.

I wouldn't be pissed if we get both 2s for him and take Fisher...so long as we take a qb to groom with one of the second rounders (or trade up if one of them falls)

My ears just perked up. That actually seems reasonably fair, kind of.

patteeu 04-18-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9599180)
Even so, running a 4.4 as a CB doesn't give you elite talent.

That's pretty fast for a CB that tall. That combination is rare, if not elite.

The Franchise 04-18-2013 10:32 AM

Best case scenario right now is we get both 2nd round picks for Albert. And we still trade down to get additional picks.

caligula 04-18-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

while i find it hard to believe, would gladly make trade for both...

AussieChiefsFan 04-18-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

That....that.....sounds almost..... like an ok deal.

siberian khatru 04-18-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

No way.

-King- 04-18-2013 10:33 AM

If we can get both 2nd round picks, I won't be upset. Not that I'll like the trade, but I just wont hate it.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-18-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9599207)
Best case scenario right now is we get both 2nd round picks for Albert. And we still trade down to get additional picks.

Both picks?

What are you smoking? Sounds like we are having enough trouble trying to convince them to give up ONE of their 2nd rnd picks.

The Franchise 04-18-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9599213)
Both picks?

What are you smoking? Sounds like we are having enough trouble trying to convince them to give up ONE of their 2nd rnd picks.

I'm going off the assumption that the NFL Network's discussion has some truth behind it.

Rausch 04-18-2013 10:36 AM

So we have a glaring weakness at RT and we trade off a good player at LT to select another LT and get two 2nd's as compensation?

Don't like.

I love trading for a known and hate trading a known for an unknown.

The only way I'd be ok is if we're able to trade down...

B14ckmon 04-18-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9599217)
I'm going off the assumption that the NFL Network's discussion has some truth behind it.

Who was it? The dumb ****s on NFL AM that know little to nothing about the NFL goings ons?

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-18-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9599183)
They could easily take a LT in the 2nd round. They spent a lot of time at the Oregon pro day.....maybe they liked what they saw in Kyle Long.

Are you suggesting that if we get two seconds, these assholes might take two linemen with them? **** me; what an abortion.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief 04-18-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9599207)

This.