ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games MADDEN 15 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285335)

millz 07-29-2014 04:04 PM

MADDEN 15

This is going to be out within a month.. I have not seen many videos nor gameplay footage of the new madden. Only a few clips here and there, and I wasn't blown away, it looked to be the same as Madden 25.

I'll most likely still get it, whats everyone's thoughts on the game and what would you like to see EA do?

The last madden I really liked was 12, it went downhill from there. 13 was lackluster, 25 was decent on PS3(only got it for the NCAA rosters for franchise) and 25 on PS4 is alright, though nowhere close to the presentation of 2K5 which is really sad.

I hope this is a good year for Madden gameplay/presentation wise but I doubt it.

The Franchise 07-29-2014 04:05 PM

EA and Madden can go **** themselves.

WhitiE 07-29-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10773931)

I second this. Used to buy it every year, but then stopped like 4 years ago.

Gonzo 07-29-2014 05:18 PM

I will not buy it again until something significant happens.

In58men 07-29-2014 05:21 PM

Justin Houston is ranked 3rd with an overall rating of 93

C3HIEF3S 07-29-2014 05:27 PM

It actually looks like the Madden team is attempting to come out with a decent game this year.

kcxiv 07-29-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10773931)

this! havent bought a ea football game since that Favre cover one and i gave it to my nephew a week later, it was ass.

kcxiv 07-29-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 10774098)
It actually looks like the Madden team is attempting to come out with a decent game this year.

I hear this shit about madden every single year and it always falls WAY WAY WAY short to the point you see posts like, do they even know what they are doing making this game! lol

ragedogg69 07-29-2014 05:46 PM

The first Madden for the PS2 was the last time I remember loving it. Ever since, it has been the same bullshit AI and broken physics.

New World Order 07-29-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10774080)
I will not buy it again until something significant happens.

Like when NFL 2k pops out of Madden, Alien style.

Ragged Robin 07-29-2014 07:25 PM

wake me up when they come back to PC and bring back vision cone, thanks

millz 07-29-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 10774098)

I agree to a certain extent but feel like we say that every god damn year.

me, personally. I always thought NCAA 14 was the best football game for the current gen

Mav 07-29-2014 08:20 PM

Mine is already paid for. I like to play football. I don't get all the bitching and complaining. Last year's was not bad at all.

ThaVirus 07-29-2014 09:41 PM

I played Madden 25 a decent bit and still pop it in on occasion. They need to fix certain bugs and change some things but overall I always thought it was an OK game.

The thing I'd like to see most is adaptive AI on defense. I'm just tired of playing against people online that'll use the same 3 or 4 money plays over and over again. I can call a certain defense and user-control to take one receiver out of the equation but I can't do it all by myself. If the guy's used the same ****ing play 4 times on this drive, the ****ing AI should recognize that shit. Would make my experience a lot more fun, although it would destroy about 90% of people's offensive "gameplans".

Also, player's, specifically QBs, carry ratings (among others) need to be affected more by constant overuse. I'm tired of people running at least 40 yards behind the line of scrimmage to avoid the pass rush then heave the ball 50 yards down field to a guy that broke free. It's ****ing bullshit and doesn't happen but a handful of times a game, if that, for a reason. Kaepernick, Wilson, and RGIII were the biggest culprits in this regard. I can't tell you how many times I'd play a guy online that had 15-ish carries with RGIII, taking clean hit sticks from my LBs, and never once fumbled the ball.

ThaVirus 07-29-2014 09:44 PM

On a more positive note, Jamaal Charles, Anthony Sherman, Justin Houston, and Derrick Johnson were all rated top 5 in their position groups.

They haven't released the numbers for safeties yet but I'd imagine Berry will be top 5 as well. Poe wasn't top 5 but with Jurell Casey getting something like a 93 I can't imagine Dontari isn't at least a 90.

I'm very curious to see what Alex Smith's overall rating will be..

New World Order 07-29-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10774126)
The first Madden for the PS2 was the last time I remember loving it. Ever since, it has been the same bullshit AI and broken physics.

PS2 madden is still the shit.

PS2 Madden>NFL 2k>NFL Gameday>PS3/PS4 madden

ThaVirus 07-29-2014 09:55 PM

Ah, shit. Gameday!

"9..8..9......SPORTS."

Rausch 07-29-2014 09:55 PM

To me the gameplay itself always ended up ruining it for me.

The play action never worked. The AI never once bit on it.

It was hard to run.

You could have the best secondary in the league but come the 4th quarter Randy moss would have 150 yrds and 2 TD's as the comp came back on you.

And for a year or two you could make your own playbooks and it was awesome. Then they took that away...

C3HIEF3S 07-29-2014 09:57 PM

I didn't play 25, looking to purchase this year.

keg in kc 07-29-2014 10:07 PM

I haven't played Madden since 2007, (I think) the last time it was on PC. Gamefly is delivering 25 for my ps4 in the next couple of days, we'll see if it drags me in as much as it did years ago.

Bowser 07-29-2014 10:13 PM

My last Madden was '06. You just couldn't stop Trent Green throwing to Gonzalez. Plus Priest and LJ trucked every defender, ever.

Schnitzel 07-30-2014 01:43 AM

I'm gonna buy it since I don't know what else to play on the PS4 at the moment!

Rausch 07-30-2014 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnitzel (Post 10775081)
I'm gonna buy it since I don't know what else to play on the PS4 at the moment!

And this is why I don't own a XBone/PS4...

millz 07-30-2014 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10774552)
Mine is already paid for. I like to play football. I don't get all the bitching and complaining. Last year's was not bad at all.

I like to play football too.

I'm not trying to complain, just wish the franchise was better.

007 07-30-2014 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 10775126)

Thats what no competition does. Without 2K to push it it just got stagnant.

Schnitzel 07-30-2014 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10775128)
Thats what no competition does. Without 2K to push it it just got stagnant.

True. The Madden series is still better than NBA Live series these days. I mean who is still playing NBA Live??

Mav 07-30-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 10775126)

I understand some if it. The last great one to me was 05 on the ps2. I skipped 13 myself. But I liked 25 quite a bit.

Dayze 07-30-2014 07:50 AM

just buy Madden '12 for $10 at game stop. For real....it wil be the exact same game.

GordonGekko 07-30-2014 08:28 AM

I feel like every time someone buys the new Madden, and due largely to the fact that there is ZERO competition for the game, it is akin to paying $60 to EA to take a hot shit in your mouth. Please argue this if you think differently, please.

Dayze 07-30-2014 08:42 AM

it's exactly what it is. (turd in mouth)

I'm not sure why (assuming EA actually tries to put out a good game), but football appears to be the worst of the sports games . I"m not sure if it's due to massive challenges in programming/animations etc or what.

NBA 2K series; and the Show series are incredible. Meanwhile, Madden is a game that should only cost $19, not $60. Wow...look, new overhead views of a stadium....oh boy!! Meanwhile, suction blocking, regarded blocking, completely pointless P/A passing plays, offense blocker shadows you no matter where you go (ie you line up over the RT, then move all the way to the opposite of the formation pre snap - ...ball is snapped, and the RT will come all the way over to engage you LMAO)

A Salt Weapon 07-30-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10774924)
PS2 madden is still the shit.

PS2 Madden>NFL 2k>NFL Gameday>PS3/PS4 madden

This right here. Madden has sucked since the ps3 came out.

GordonGekko 07-30-2014 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=Dayze;10775324]
I'm not sure why (assuming EA actually tries to put out a good game), but football appears to be the worst of the sports games . I"m not sure if it's due to massive challenges in programming/animations etc or what.
QUOTE]

What do you mean you don't know why? There is absolutely no competition for Madden and because the sheep love the NFL so much and love video games so much, the only option is to shell out $60 for Madden. With no competition EA has no incentive to be innovative. Football games used to be the shit, go back to Tecmo Bowl and up to PS2 Madden and NFL 2k. Those games were were literally like cocaine, just ****ing awesome.

Dayze 07-30-2014 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=GordonGekko;10775356]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10775324)
QUOTE]

What do you mean you don't know why? There is absolutely no competition for Madden and because the sheep love the NFL so much and love video games so much, the only option is to shell out $60 for Madden. With no competition EA has no incentive to be innovative. Football games used to be the shit, go back to Tecmo Bowl and up to PS2 Madden and NFL 2k. Those games were were literally like cocaine, just ****ing awesome.

Yeah, I should've also typed the lack of competition as well.

The Franchise 07-30-2014 09:17 AM

I've said it before in other threads....but Madden went down hill as soon as Online play showed up.

Dayze 07-30-2014 09:19 AM

you know....that's a good point. :hmmm:

I'm not an online player (i have enough trouble with the CPU), but it seems like it starded going to shit about 6 years ago (if not longer)

The Franchise 07-30-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10775401)

I'm not an online player (i have enough trouble with the CPU), but it seems like it starded going to shit about 6 years ago (if not longer)

Before online play, all they had to worry about was Franchise mode. Online play came in and they had to make that awesome and it ended up taking away from the rest of the game. I've played maybe 10 games online in my entire Madden career. It's almost impossible to find someone who plays the game like it's supposed to be played.

GordonGekko 07-30-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10775401)

For me, it was when the feature showed up where you actually *performed* the pre-draft workout, I guess Superstar mode. What a crock of shit.

Also it went downhill when the gameplay just became completely not fun. Also when they began to butcher Franchise mode and made it a skeleton of what it used to be.

So yeah, because of this, it has been probably 5 years since I paid to let EA shit in my mouth unlike some people here.

Jerm 07-30-2014 09:48 AM

After skipping last year, I'm actually excited for this year's version...kind scared I'll be let down again but with no NCAA this year, which frickin sucks, need a football game.

ragedogg69 07-30-2014 11:16 AM

If I could find updated rosters for Madden 2001 for my PS2 emulator, I would be so happy.

One thing about the history of Madden is every generation of consoles, EA would strip features from the game and add them back slowly.

I keep waiting for gamefly to sell used copies of NCAA for my football fix this year.

lcarus 07-30-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10775404)
Before online play, all they had to worry about was Franchise mode. Online play came in and they had to make that awesome and it ended up taking away from the rest of the game. I've played maybe 10 games online in my entire Madden career. It's almost impossible to find someone who plays the game like it's supposed to be played.

4th & 15 from your own 25? Go for it. Seems like the logical thing to do for 90% of online players. **** online.

Aspengc8 07-30-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10775692)
4th & 15 from your own 25? Go for it. Seems like the logical thing to do for 90% of online players. **** online.

I'm a top 50 ranked player on XB1, and I can tell you that if you go for it on scenarios like the above, chances are you will lose if you miss even 1 conversion. The sad fact is that you are FORCED to go for it, because kids have glitches to come in untouched and block your field goal or punt. Makes every game a damn struggle for me. Every game I get matched in, is a top 100 player, and pretty much whoever turns the ball over first, loses. The defensive AI is horrendous, and supposed 'fixed' in M15. The only team I have ever used online is KC, and every dam game is vs SF, SEA or CAR.

lcarus 07-30-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10775944)
I'm a top 50 ranked player on XB1, and I can tell you that if you go for it on scenarios like the above, chances are you will lose if you miss even 1 conversion. The sad fact is that you are FORCED to go for it, because kids have glitches to come in untouched and block your field goal or punt. Makes every game a damn struggle for me. Every game I get matched in, is a top 100 player, and pretty much whoever turns the ball over first, loses. The defensive AI is horrendous, and supposed 'fixed' in M15. The only team I have ever used online is KC, and every dam game is vs SF, SEA or CAR.

Yeah the defense was almost non existent in last years game.

Dayze 07-30-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10775464)
After skipping last year, I'm actually excited for this year's version...kind scared I'll be let down again but with no NCAA this year, which frickin sucks, need a football game.

I would just buy Madden 25 used. If you didn't play it last year etc.
I'd bet an ice cold beverage that the difference between 25 and whatever is coming out this year is most certainly not worth the difference in cost.

:shrug:

Ragged Robin 07-30-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10775393)
I've said it before in other threads....but Madden went down hill as soon as Online play showed up.

Negative, Madden went down hill as soon they removed vision cone which made online play a joke (2008ish). Now it's asinine to play defense as you can't read the QBs eyes, they can't give you a fake read, they aren't forced to "aim" (not even in the general direction) etc. It's just "durrrr throw to any receiver on the field at any point with no indication of anything and your QBs positioning doesn't matter." Now it's less of a football simulator and more of a them park game for dummies.

ragedogg69 07-30-2014 08:42 PM

not that you do not make good points...

but Madden was going down hill long before then.

CoMoChief 07-30-2014 08:56 PM

There hasn't been a good Madden game since 2004 or 2005

10 god damn years....

College game is/was better....so long to that game though. :cuss:

Gonzo 07-30-2014 09:06 PM

God I remember game day and 2k. They were far superior. I wish EA would just give up or the NFL would let a better studio take over for a few years.

srvy 07-30-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10776000)
I would just buy Madden 25 used. If you didn't play it last year etc.
I'd bet an ice cold beverage that the difference between 25 and whatever is coming out this year is most certainly not worth the difference in cost.

:shrug:

Its 25.00 new at xboxlive I wouldn't give 10 bucks.

lcarus 07-30-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10777015)
God I remember game day and 2k. They were far superior. I wish EA would just give up or the NFL would let a better studio take over for a few years.

Yeah I'm ready for 2K to make an NFL game. They did an amazing job with NBA 2K14. Best sports game I've ever played. I've been a Madden fan for my whole life, but enough is enough with their product.

And Gameday was absolute shit as far as I can remember.

Mav 07-31-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10776563)
Negative, Madden went down hill as soon they removed vision cone which made online play a joke (2008ish). Now it's asinine to play defense as you can't read the QBs eyes, they can't give you a fake read, they aren't forced to "aim" (not even in the general direction) etc. It's just "durrrr throw to any receiver on the field at any point with no indication of anything and your QBs positioning doesn't matter." Now it's less of a football simulator and more of a them park game for dummies.

The vision cone was awesome. It exposed shitty players and really helped players like me who has ridiculous stick control rightfully smash chumps.

I still maintain that this last Madden was pretty good.

ThaVirus 07-31-2014 01:51 AM

MADDEN 15

Quote:

Ah, the glitches. I cannot ****ing stand glitchers. It's bad enough that you play like a bitch (use the same 3 plays all game, go for it on 4th and 15 from your own 12, onside kick every time, etc), I can't understand why someone would want to glitch.

It's like campers on Call of Duty and the guy that just uses the one special move over and over in fighting games. Do you feel good about yourself? Are you actually enjoying this cheating bullshit?

Idk, I guess I'm just different. I play the game to have fun. Winning obviously makes everything better but I've never found myself doing something cheap in order to do so.

.... One thing I will say about the little bitches, though, it really makes sense to go for it on 4th down. The defense is just so pathetic that you have an amazing chance of converting and if you punt the ball away, you're likely just giving up 7 points in doing so. Madden really, REALLY needs to fix the defense.

lcarus 07-31-2014 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10777246)
The vision cone was awesome. It exposed shitty players and really helped players like me who has ridiculous stick control rightfully smash chumps.

I still maintain that this last Madden was pretty good.

If the defensive AI wasn't just so awful.

Mav 07-31-2014 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10777253)
If the defensive AI wasn't just so awful.

I don't have that problem. I run straight man two high safety.

I control whatever I need to. If someone abuses the tight end, I'll use the mlb, and everything else I'll control the safeties.

Hell against Calvin whores I'll use a corner.

It's all about taking away what they want to do. I never blitz either.

Aspengc8 07-31-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10776563)

Madden was never intended to be a football sim. The 2K series was. This is the first year EA came out (during E3) and said they are moving away from arcade style and intend on putting out a sim game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10777274)
I don't have that problem. I run straight man two high safety.

I control whatever I need to. If someone abuses the tight end, I'll use the mlb, and everything else I'll control the safeties.

Hell against Calvin whores I'll use a corner.

It's all about taking away what they want to do. I never blitz either.

Are you on XB1 and play online? Unless your running some sort of 'max coverage' with man, where you have DL dropping back to cover curl/flat areas, you will get roasted in straight up man cover 2. Need to bring heat vs good players or man will get shredded. Smart routed out routes and 1-step motion slants get open almost 100% of the time vs man. You are correct though, if you can user/take away what they are trying to do, you can be successful with man coverage. I just personally wouldn't user a safety with man defense, only with cover 3/6 with the single high safety. Other good thing with man d is using the individual 'shade coverage' defensive play-maker. If your quick enough on the stick, you can shade all of their receivers 'outside' and manual cover the middle for slants. If they try to throw a out or corner route, it gets picked 85% of the time, or at the least, swatted or puts your AI player in a position for you to click on and swat/strip/knock the ball loose.

WhawhaWhat 07-31-2014 06:27 AM

When does the new Mutant League Football come out?

The only football game I buy these days is FIFA.

lcarus 07-31-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10777321)
When does the new Mutant League Football come out?

The only football game I buy these days is FIFA.

They're makin new Mutant League? Hockey too?

ragedogg69 07-31-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10777414)
They're makin new Mutant League? Hockey too?

probably not.

http://uproxx.com/sports/2013/10/upd...y-wont-happen/

lcarus 07-31-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10777804)

That's a shame. It could really be a great remake.

C3HIEF3S 07-31-2014 03:37 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l2aSebUmGO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC native 07-31-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10777252)
Ah, the glitches. I cannot ****ing stand glitchers. It's bad enough that you play like a bitch (use the same 3 plays all game, go for it on 4th and 15 from your own 12, onside kick every time, etc), I can't understand why someone would want to glitch.

It's like campers on Call of Duty and the guy that just uses the one special move over and over in fighting games. Do you feel good about yourself? Are you actually enjoying this cheating bullshit?

Idk, I guess I'm just different. I play the game to have fun. Winning obviously makes everything better but I've never found myself doing something cheap in order to do so.

.... One thing I will say about the little bitches, though, it really makes sense to go for it on 4th down. The defense is just so pathetic that you have an amazing chance of converting and if you punt the ball away, you're likely just giving up 7 points in doing so. Madden really, REALLY needs to fix the defense.

Yes, I only used KC too. I got tired of people quitting when I shut down their gimmicks with KC.

Also, grew really sick of the ****ers that used only 3-4 plays and would set them as audibles/hurry up plays and run them non-stop.

I quit buying madden about 4 years ago and won't buy another one until they fix this type of bullshit.

Bowser 07-31-2014 05:50 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_138p6uzhUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 07-31-2014 06:56 PM

a firs glance, it appears smaller players/position are no longer body builders. Ie, Kickers that are built like Terrell Suggs.

Dayze 07-31-2014 07:15 PM

i does look pretty good. but we'll see. I wonder if the demo is out.

Valiant 08-01-2014 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10777963)
That's a shame. It could really be a great remake.

agreed, but I am happy it failed. Getting pissed all these actors/game makers are relying on kickstarter and fans to fund their profits.

Of course I get pissed when I see a celeb asking for money for Africa, bitch you made 62mil last year. You can fund it all yourself.

Valiant 08-01-2014 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 10786727)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l2aSebUmGO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still going to suck.

Just from the bit watched.

Game is such a big improvement, we have added more body types, you can see the microfibers, inbetween play cameras, guys waving, helmet scratches..

And their twitter questions supposedly live? No one would ask that shit..

WTF...

Mav 08-01-2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10787291)
i does look pretty good. but we'll see. I wonder if the demo is out.

They put out the demo about two weeks early.

I wouldn't put any stock into the demo. Last years demo was absolute asshole compared to the regular game.

ragedogg69 08-01-2014 07:46 AM

still looks like no real time substitutions. back in the 90's the NCAA game had that as an option. it really changed the strategy for late game field goals.

Ragged Robin 08-01-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10787909)
Still going to suck.

Just from the bit watched.

Game is such a big improvement, we have added more body types, you can see the microfibers, inbetween play cameras, guys waving, helmet scratches..

And their twitter questions supposedly live? No one would ask that shit..

WTF...

To be fair the only dev on there is the art director so he can't really speak to anything else.

TLO 08-01-2014 11:38 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wx6aWyjRBJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 08-01-2014 04:27 PM

So I'm renting Madden 25, just to give it a whirl, having not played a Madden game in 6 or 7 years, whenever it was last on PC. My initial response, after playing through the running and passing drills in the skills trainer is that they've spent the time making this as unnecessarily complicated as possible. Let's give the ball carrier a bunch of random moves that, aside from truck, which apparently always works, might work half the time. Let's throw in option reads, but make sure it's so quick that you have to decide whether or not to hand the ball off before you even have time to read the dive defender. And then lets pull an Elvis Grbac and have a drill where we make the player not only throw it but catch it too.

Mav 08-02-2014 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10777295)
Madden was never intended to be a football sim. The 2K series was. This is the first year EA came out (during E3) and said they are moving away from arcade style and intend on putting out a sim game.

Are you on XB1 and play online? Unless your running some sort of 'max coverage' with man, where you have DL dropping back to cover curl/flat areas, you will get roasted in straight up man cover 2. Need to bring heat vs good players or man will get shredded. Smart routed out routes and 1-step motion slants get open almost 100% of the time vs man. You are correct though, if you can user/take away what they are trying to do, you can be successful with man coverage. I just personally wouldn't user a safety with man defense, only with cover 3/6 with the single high safety. Other good thing with man d is using the individual 'shade coverage' defensive play-maker. If your quick enough on the stick, you can shade all of their receivers 'outside' and manual cover the middle for slants. If they try to throw a out or corner route, it gets picked 85% of the time, or at the least, swatted or puts your AI player in a position for you to click on and swat/strip/knock the ball loose.

I haven't played just online in years. I play in leagues.

Anyong Bluth 08-02-2014 07:04 AM

Isn't it always just the same (?)

No, seriously?

Aspengc8 08-02-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10788836)
So I'm renting Madden 25, just to give it a whirl, having not played a Madden game in 6 or 7 years, whenever it was last on PC. My initial response, after playing through the running and passing drills in the skills trainer is that they've spent the time making this as unnecessarily complicated as possible. Let's give the ball carrier a bunch of random moves that, aside from truck, which apparently always works, might work half the time. Let's throw in option reads, but make sure it's so quick that you have to decide whether or not to hand the ball off before you even have time to read the dive defender. And then lets pull an Elvis Grbac and have a drill where we make the player not only throw it but catch it too.

Option reads are supposed to be quick.

Instead of renting madden 25, you should have rented NCAA 14. One of the better football games EA put out in recent years. Kind of makes you wonder WHY the NCAA game is so much better than madden. Arent they suppsed to be the same engine/AI (definitely not)? Hope they moved the NCAA team into Maddens when they shut that down.

Aspengc8 08-02-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10789801)
I haven't played just online in years. I play in leagues.

I tried a league once and jumped out as soon as they started making up dumb rules. Can't put a backup lineman at TE for a jumbo package? Yeah, they dont do that in real football :spock:

ThaVirus 08-02-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10788836)

Yeah, the options should be relatively quick, in my opinion. In real life, the QB has a split second to determine whether he wants to hand it off or keep it so that's pretty realistic.

But you brought up another good point. The ****ing truck stick. Damn, dude. Don't EVER let Marshawn Lynch get a head of full steam. He WILL truck EVERY player on your defense. I can't tell you how many times I've been trucked using Pat Willis, Navarro Bowman, Derrick Johnson, Justin Houston, Eric Berry, etc. That shit isn't ****ing realistic. Those guy don't get trucked in real life! Damn I hate that shit.

Rausch 08-02-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10788408)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wx6aWyjRBJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's...sad.

I can't think of any other genre where it's ok to have a TOTAL MONOPOLY in the gaming market...

KCrockaholic 08-02-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

This is why I hate playing online at times. That shit gets SO old. **** those gamers.

millz 08-02-2014 01:30 PM

everyone always uses seattle or san fran. haven't seen much carolina on ps4 online but the constant SEA & SF gets fckin ridiculous.

ThaVirus 08-02-2014 02:19 PM

I don't have much of an issue playing against people using certain teams. I don't particularly like the fact that they use certain teams all the time but it's whatever to me. It's all SF, SEA, PHI and CAR whenever I play online.

My main issue is that Pat Willis and/or Navarro Bowman are good for at least 1 forced fumble every ****ing game and it's usually in the 4th ****ing quarter.

kcxiv 08-02-2014 04:19 PM

Online can be a bitch. I remember in the old 2K5 and 2K8 days, They would out all the players to avoid due to them cheating the AI physics. They can be done in online games. I'd never avoid them though, i would learn how to counter the cheese. I know in APF2K8 there was a way to do it and the guy thats 500-3 would get so mad because i figured out how to beat his lameness! lol

Anyways, online is a different beast, but there are communities where you can find the best legit players and play them. I dont care what teams people used as long as they played clean.