ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Saw Dontari Poe at Wal-Mart last night (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304907)

Prison Bitch 01-03-2017 11:13 AM

Saw Dontari Poe at Wal-Mart last night

Shopping right next to me in the bread aisle. When I got home my wife asked why I didn't request a photo/selfie with him. I said I'm too old for that, besides public figures deserve privacy. She disagreed, saying they like attention.

CP, settle that argument for us.

Discuss Thrower 01-03-2017 11:13 AM

Leave 'em the **** alone.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-03-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12657979)
Shopping right next to me in the bread aisle. When I got home my wife asked why I didn't request a photo/selfie with him. I said I'm too old for that, besides public figures deserve privacy. She disagreed, saying they like attention.

CP, settle that argument for us.

I wouldn't bother them for a photo, but I'd probably say something to them in passing...

O.city 01-03-2017 11:15 AM

I dunno that I'd have been asking for a selfie, but I'd have acknowledged him.

Complimented him on the season etc.

ptlyon 01-03-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12657982)
Leave 'em the **** alone.

/Thread

Rain Man 01-03-2017 11:16 AM

Leave them alone. They just want a loaf of bread.

carcosa 01-03-2017 11:17 AM

How much bread was he buying

InChiefsHeaven 01-03-2017 11:17 AM

I'm OK with saying hi, congratulating him etc. But I wouldn't feel right asking him for an autograph or a selfie.

DJ's left nut 01-03-2017 11:18 AM

I think the photo thing might get annoying.

Personally I tend to say something either wishing them luck or thanking them for their efforts. I've asked to shake hands with someone here and there.

My wife, OTOH, is a photo hound. We were at an airport Chili's coming back from Philadelphia (landed in STL) after the Cards won the WS and Lance Berkman was sitting in the table next to us with his family. My wife looked up where he was from (he was still living in Houston at the time, IIRC) and when the next flight there was. Sure enough, there was one leaving our terminal in an hour or so. She hustled down to the gate and waited...because she's a crazy person. But she got her photo with Berkman. At least she didn't bug him at dinner; I had to keep kicking her under the table in front of the in-laws to keep her from making an ass of herself.

HemiEd 01-03-2017 11:20 AM

I am more concerned why Poe is buying his bread at Walmart.

CaliforniaChief 01-03-2017 11:22 AM

Ask him to throw you a loaf, re-enact the play.

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2017 11:23 AM

Just say you're not a bundle of sticks or a 13 year old girl

Rooster 01-03-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 12658002)
I am more concerned why Poe is buying his bread at Walmart.

ROFLROFL Me too!!

He should have told him to lay off the carbs on his bye week and politely took the bread and placed it back on the shelf. :D

Prison Bitch 01-03-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12657997)
I think the photo thing might get annoying.

Personally I tend to say something either wishing them luck or thanking them for their efforts. I've asked to shake hands with someone here and there.

My wife, OTOH, is a photo hound. We were at an airport Chili's coming back from Philadelphia (landed in STL) after the Cards won the WS and Lance Berkman was sitting in the table next to us with his family. My wife looked up where he was from (he was still living in Houston at the time, IIRC) and when the next flight there was. Sure enough, there was one leaving our terminal in an hour or so. She hustled down to the gate and waited...because she's a crazy person. But she got her photo with Berkman. At least she didn't bug him at dinner; I had to keep kicking her under the table in front of the in-laws to keep her from making an ass of herself.

Women have a diff set of rules for photos. Berkman and Poe won't consider younger women an annoyance.

Dante84 01-03-2017 11:25 AM

A simple smile or bro-nod is as far as it should go, in my opinion.