ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Al Bundy 12-01-2012 07:27 PM

I am not a Chiefs fan, but I am a resident of this fine city and this news made my heart and soul hurt for the daughter, for the young lady, her mom, him and his family. Just crushing, period.

Marcellus 12-01-2012 07:27 PM

I am not apologizing for Belcher in any way, but I can say there were a few times before my divorce to my ex-wife that had a gun been handy at the right moment, she may be dead right now. I had that kind of rage. She put me through hell.

Not making excuses just not passing judgment.

feldspar 12-01-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9169185)
I don't know where you got your stupid idea from my post.

DJ's left nut said this:

Quote:

Honestly, as someone that liked Belcher, I hope it was something that would set any one of us into a blind rage (i.e. the baby mamma drama). Let's be honest folks, the law does recognize this as a quasi-justification for homicide. A true heat of passion murder can get you a voluntary manslaughter charge instead of a murder charge. At least at that point we have something that the law and most reasonable people see as something that drives men to do things they know are unreasonable upon reflection.
You agreed with his post.

Perhaps I quoted the wrong guy. Maybe you weren't agreeing to the parts I thought you were.

DJ's idea was about as stupid as was his decision to refer to himself as DJ's Left Nut.

To me, we are talking about cold-blooded murder regardless of circumstance...sure wasn't defending himself.

Al Bundy 12-01-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9169192)
I am not apologizing for Belcher in any way, but I can say there were a few times before my divorce to my ex-wife that had a gun been handy at the right moment, she may be dead right now. I had that kind of rage. She put me through hell.

Not making excuses just not passing judgment.

I second this. I have no idea what was going through his mind at the time.

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldspar (Post 9169198)
DJ's left nut said this:

You agreed with his post.

Perhaps I quoted the wrong guy.

DJ's idea was about as stupid as was his decision to refer to himself as DJ's Left Nut.

Why is it stupid considering he is a ****ing lawyer and knows the damn law regarding that.

Ghost of Maslowski 12-01-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9169139)
What the hell is wrong with people.

this is just a guess, but i'm pretty sure something like that is for all the Chiefs we have left, not as some sort of honor for the one we lost this morning.

nose 12-01-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 9168810)
Detective Dave has come to the conclusion that I'm a moron. He just solved another case!!!!111

It's no mystery, you are clearly a moron!

GreenGuy 12-01-2012 07:35 PM

Eagles fan here. We are also having a tough season but it's nothing in compared to what the Chiefs fans, players and the families of everyone involved in today's tragedy is going through. Much love sent your way.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 07:36 PM

Anyone think they have a moment of silence tomorrow?

Bwana 12-01-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenGuy (Post 9169215)
Eagles fan here. We are also having a tough season but it's nothing in compared to what the Chiefs fans, players and the families of everyone involved in today's tragedy is going through. Much love sent your way.

Appreciate it.

SAUTO 12-01-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9169221)

For the family.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ghost of Maslowski 12-01-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9169221)

if that is what Belcher's team mates want, then i'm with them. if they don't, then i don't either. i have the same feeling about even playing the game tomorrow.

KcMizzou 12-01-2012 07:39 PM

I thought the Raiders statement was very cool. This is so much bigger than football or a rivalry.

“The Oakland Raiders are empathizing with the Chiefs organization. Our hearts are wounded by such an unimaginable tragedy in our NFL family. We will continue to pray for everyone involved.”

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Maslowski (Post 9169235)
if that is what Belcher's team mates want, then i'm with them. if they don't, then i don't either. i have the same feeling about even playing the game tomorrow.

A moment of silence specifically for Belcher can't happen no matter what the players want. This isn't just about them, its about the family that lost a mother/daughter/sister ect.

GreenGuy 12-01-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9169228)
Appreciate it.

No problem. You guys have a classy fanbase. Our fanbase and the fanbases in the Northeast in general could learn a thing or two from you guys.