ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Killer apps for Android? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237705)

BigMeatballDave 02-16-2011 06:23 PM

I'm addicted to Angry Birds.

DaFace 02-16-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7434286)

Join the club.

kysirsoze 02-16-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7434286)

Meh. I don't think it's much more fun than any other catapult game. I know I'm in the minority here.

Huffmeister 03-07-2011 02:53 PM

I recently switched to GO Launcher and lost the stock HTC Calendar widget, so I went off to find a replacement. I found Business Calendar Beta, and it does everything I need it to do. Syncs with Google calendars. The widget displays a month view with calendar entries as either bars or text. You can configure the widget so that tapping a day takes you straight to that day in the calendar app. Tapping a day in the app shows a pop-up with the details of that day.

Overall it's a really, really nice calendar app, and best of all it's FREE.

WoodDraw 03-24-2011 06:41 PM

Amazon has released their Android Appstore, and it's actually pretty decent. They have the Angry Birds Rio exclusive, and it's free for right now, so if you're into that, go grab it while you can.

They're also giving away a paid app a day. Today's is Doodle Jump, which actually is pretty fun and addicting.

Be warned, you must have an Amazon account with a CC attached, even for free apps. I assume most of the world has that, but if you don't, no bitching to me about it.

chopper 03-24-2011 11:23 PM

Pageonce is good for organizing all of your bills/bank accounts/travel information. It's all automatic once you set it up, pretty sweet when you book a flight and all of your flight info automatically goes to your phone (except southwest). Mytracks is a cool one too, haven't played around with it too much though.

Sure-Oz 03-25-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 7514623)
Amazon has released their Android Appstore, and it's actually pretty decent. They have the Angry Birds Rio exclusive, and it's free for right now, so if you're into that, go grab it while you can.

They're also giving away a paid app a day. Today's is Doodle Jump, which actually is pretty fun and addicting.

Be warned, you must have an Amazon account with a CC attached, even for free apps. I assume most of the world has that, but if you don't, no bitching to me about it.

Yeah i downloaded it, you haveto make sure you allow apps not in the android market to be downloadable. They have the full version ovf Shazaam today for free. Normally about $5 I use amazon all the time and they are safe and never given me problems. Just make sure u buy free apps

pr_capone 03-25-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7515765)
Yeah i downloaded it, you haveto make sure you allow apps not in the android market to be downloadable. They have the full version ovf Shazaam today for free. Normally about $5 I use amazon all the time and they are safe and never given me problems. Just make sure u buy free apps

I keep getting an error, the application Shazam has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

/edit - 9th download is the charm apparently.

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2011 06:09 PM

Does anyone know if Gingerbread will run on a rooted Droid1?

007 03-25-2011 06:13 PM

How will this work with the viewsonic gtab?

007 03-25-2011 06:23 PM

Damn, this sucks. I can't get anything from the store until I get my device. I was hoping to at least be able to put them in my queue until my device arrived.

nstygma 03-25-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7516971)
Does anyone know if Gingerbread will run on a rooted Droid1?

looks like they've been releasing gingerbread roms for a while
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=997065

Dave Lane 03-27-2011 01:28 PM

Heres some apparently

(Mashable) -- Google has just pulled 21 popular free apps from the Android Market. According to the company, the apps are malware aimed at getting root access to the user's device, gathering a wide range of available data, and downloading more code to it without the user's knowledge.

Although Google has swiftly removed the apps after being notified (by the ever-vigilant "Android Police" bloggers), the apps in question have already been downloaded by at least 50,000 Android users.

The apps are particularly insidious because they look just like knockoff versions of already popular apps. For example, there's an app called simply "Chess." The user would download what he'd assume to be a chess game, only to be presented with a very different sort of app.

These apps are all pirated versions of popular games and utilities -- an expeditious solution for busy hackers.

Once downloaded, the apps root the user's device using a method like rageagainstthecage, then use an Android executable file (APK) to nab user and device data, such as your mobile provider and user ID. Finally, the app acts as a wide-open backdoor for your device to quietly download more malicious code.

Below is a partial list of the bad apps, all of which were made by an entity called Myournet.

If you've downloaded one of these apps, it might be best to take your device to your carrier and exchange it for a new one, since you can't be sure that your device and user information is truly secure.

Considering how much we do on our phones -- shopping and mobile banking included -- it's better to take precautions.

Falling Down

Super Guitar Solo

Super History Eraser

Photo Editor

Super Ringtone Maker

Super Sex Positions

Hot Sexy Videos

Chess

Hilton Sex Sound

Screaming Sexy Japanese Girls

Falling Ball Dodge

Scientific Calculator

Dice Roller

Advanced Currency Converter

nstygma 03-28-2011 12:10 AM

this is nice: http://www.applanet.net/

BigMeatballDave 03-28-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 7521714)

What is this?