ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Ride on the roof? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289772)

SAUTO 01-07-2015 01:35 PM

Ride on the roof?

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...le5490360.html

Crazy.

I had a repo guy try to take a car that I had 3400 in storage on a couple months ago

He didn't get it, the bank paid me then another company picked it up.

Steron 01-07-2015 01:39 PM

Sure this wasn't Florida?

saphojunkie 01-07-2015 01:39 PM

He ****ing SHOT AT HER CAR???

notorious 01-07-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Another auto shop employee followed in another vehicle and told police that he tried to stop the Cadillac by firing shots at its tires. One of the bullets hit the driver’s side door.
He opened fire on a car driving down the road. Yep, that guy's going to get it.

SAUTO 01-07-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 11249516)
He ****ing SHOT AT HER CAR???

Another employee chasing them did, lol.

While one was hanging on the roof.

DC.chief 01-07-2015 01:53 PM

I work for a repair shop and customers have tried that on us a few times. I've never decided to jump on a car or shoot at somebody about it but maybe I'm doing things wrong.

Few weeks back we had some guy tow his car in off the highway for stalling and even though we were crazy busy we stopped what we were doing to try to help him get back on the road. Turns out it needed a fuel pump and I gave him an estimate for like 750 bucks. Guy said well I guess I don't have a choice lets get it done. It's a 3 hour job that my shop really didn't have room to fit in that day but we were gonna make it happen. my tech manages to get it started before the pump arrived by beating on the tank and cranking it. Customer saw it running and jumped in it and peeled off with the freaking hood still up. I don't understand people. I mean the guy gave us all his info and I got the tag and vin # off of it. what really pissed me off was we had a fuel pressure guage hooked up to it that he kept. Dude even answered his phone when I called him and said oh I thought it was ready and I thought that was my tool. oh really? you thought it was finished and you could take off without paying and steal our tool? Idiots.

TimBone 01-07-2015 01:56 PM

That is freaking nuts. What the hell prompted that dude to start shooting at the car? Crazy.

SAUTO 01-07-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 11249553)
I work for a repair shop and customers have tried that on us a few times. I've never decided to jump on a car or shoot at somebody about it but maybe I'm doing things wrong.

Few weeks back we had some guy tow his car in off the highway for stalling and even though we were crazy busy we stopped what we were doing to try to help him get back on the road. Turns out it needed a fuel pump and I gave him an estimate for like 750 bucks. Guy said well I guess I don't have a choice lets get it done. It's a 3 hour job that my shop really didn't have room to fit in that day but we were gonna make it happen. my tech manages to get it started before the pump arrived by beating on the tank and cranking it. Customer saw it running and jumped in it and peeled off with the freaking hood still up. I don't understand people. I mean the guy gave us all his info and I got the tag and vin # off of it. what really pissed me off was we had a fuel pressure guage hooked up to it that he kept. Dude even answered his phone when I called him and said oh I thought it was ready and I thought that was my tool. oh really? you thought it was finished and you could take off without paying and steal our tool? Idiots.

a good pressure gauge is pretty expensive.

KC native 01-07-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11249567)
That is freaking nuts. What the hell prompted that dude to start shooting at the car? Crazy.

Mechanics aren't brain surgeons or rocket scientists.

Just ask Sauto, he'll tell you right after he fetches me a sake :evil:

SAUTO 01-07-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11249567)

Thought he could shoot out the tires to get her stopped, I would guess.

SAUTO 01-07-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11249572)
Mechanics aren't brain surgeons or rocket scientists.

Just ask Sauto, he'll tell you right after he fetches me a sake :evil:

I was a brain surgeon/rocket scientist in my first two careers.

DC.chief 01-07-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11249571)
a good pressure gauge is pretty expensive.

Yeah My tech was pretty upset, He said that's a couple hundred dollars I'll never get back. They never even caught the guy despite having all his information. Worthless cops.

Although he does now have a warrant out on him.

SAUTO 01-07-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 11249586)
Yeah My tech was pretty upset, He said that's a couple hundred dollars I'll never get back. They never even caught the guy despite having all his information. Worthless cops.

Yeah I would be pissed too.

I don't let my guys beat on the tank and get em started. It almost always causes an issue.

Customer doubts its bad, paid to get it towed. Takes the car then next time it quits is pissed to pay a tow again.

It's always a problem. Just push it in

DC.chief 01-07-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11249599)
Yeah I would be pissed too.

I don't let my guys beat on the tank and get em started. It almost always causes an issue.

Customer doubts its bad, paid to get it towed. Takes the car then next time it quits is pissed to pay a tow again.

It's always a problem. Just push it in

We usually do just push them in but at that point we had no open racks. I guess he was confirming his own diagnosis. Idk why he did that actually. Fuel pressure test showed zero and he checked power and ground to the pump

Rain Man 01-07-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11249544)
Another employee chasing them did, lol.

While one was hanging on the roof.

That's perhaps the funniest part. If I'm the guy hanging on to the roof, the last thing I want is someone chasing the car and shooting at it.