ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jake Long not at top of FA LT list (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270060)

Rasputin 03-11-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9486842)
Verge? After five years, two offensive coordinator and multiple picks in order to draft better off offensive players, Matt Ryan is on the verge of elite?

Wow, you don't say? How many other offensive weapons does he need before being considered elite?

They did have the best record in the NFC right? Sure they blow it in the playoffs I get that. Matt Ryan is still a damn good QB if you watch him on film you can see that he is pretty damn good. Yes his weapons around him help I won't say they don't. I would have been happy if Chiefs traded up to grab him in that draft.

Rasputin 03-11-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9486842)
Verge? After five years, two offensive coordinator and multiple picks in order to draft better off offensive players, Matt Ryan is on the verge of elite?

Wow, you don't say? How many other offensive weapons does he need before being considered elite?

How many years did it take Peyton ****ing Manning to break the code in the playoffs? ? ?

Saul Good 03-11-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9486886)
How many years did it take Peyton ****ing Manning to break the code in the playoffs? ? ?

6 years

Saul Good 03-11-2013 08:07 PM

Manning has won 14 games in a season twice...the same as Ryan.

BossChief 03-11-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9486824)
Nice. Avoid reality to make snide comments instead.

Let's make this the simple: Would Miami, coming off a 1-15 season, be better off today had they taken Ryan? If so, prove it.

Otherwise, shut your ****ing piehole.

Would you say Chad Pennington was better than Matt Ryan?

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-11-2013 08:28 PM

Prove it! How the **** do you prove that? That's like saying "I can prove that Alex Smith will lead the Chiefs to the post-season"! You can't prove that. Conversely, you can pretty much prove the exact opposite.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-11-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9486868)
Sorry for being so confrontational and argumentative. You and Buzz Tin Ballz are really good at this.

And you're just being your typical asshole self that pops into conversations, distorts facts, then laughs about it.

You're a ****ing worthless ****.

DaneMcCloud 03-11-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9486886)

And Bill Polian recently admitted he wanted to trade Peyton Manning after the 2004 season.

DaneMcCloud 03-11-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9486951)
Prove it! How the **** do you prove that? That's like saying "I can prove that Alex Smith will lead the Chiefs to the post-season"! You can't prove that. Conversely, you can pretty much prove the exact opposite.
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, you want to know the truth? Alex Smith and Matty Ryan are pretty much the same guy. Load up their respective teams with talent and good coaching and you're going to win a shit ton of regular season games. Matt Ryan lost every post season game until this year, when his team eeked out a win over Seattle.

Personally, I've blamed that loss on Pete Carroll for flying his team in on Saturday instead of Thursday. They didn't get hot until the second half and were tired from the 5+ hour flight the day before. But that's neither here nor there because what's done is done.

But in 2013? I see Atlanta, at best, as the fourth best team in the NFC behind SF, Seattle and Green Bay. I expect that Chicago, NY, Washington, New Orleans (with the return of Mickey and Payton) and Dallas to be improved, so they're certainly no shoe-in next year.

Atlanta's playoff games? 30-24 LOSS, none, 48-21 LOSS, 24-2 LOSS, 30-28 Win, 24-28 LOSS.

So, Matt Ryan is elite, eh? Yet he lost by 34, lost by 28, lost by 22, won by 2 and lost by 4.

Kinda makes you think that if he gone to the Dolphins, his career under Tony Sparano would have been much better.

LMAO

Saul Good 03-11-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9487085)
And you're just being your typical asshole self that pops into conversations, distorts facts, then laughs about it.

You're a ****ing worthless ****.

So I popped into your conversation before you even posted? You don't seem to grasp the linear nature of time, do you?

DaneMcCloud 03-11-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9487109)
So I popped into your conversation before you even posted? You don't seem to grasp the linear nature of time, do you?

You're just a ****ing jackass whose sole (Saul?) purpose in this forum is to punch holes in other people's opinions.

Have fun with that, jackass. But you lose.

Matt Ryan wouldn't have been a better choice for Miami because Miami is a dysfunctional wreck. Bill Parcells would have not spent the draft choices or made the trades necessary to make a mediocre talent like Matt Ryan successful.

Saul Good 03-11-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9487103)
Actually, you want to know the truth? Alex Smith and Matty Ryan are pretty much the same guy. Load up their respective teams with talent and good coaching and you're going to win a shit ton of regular season games. Matt Ryan lost every post season game until this year, when his team eeked out a win over Seattle.

Personally, I've blamed that loss on Pete Carroll for flying his team in on Saturday instead of Thursday. They didn't get hot until the second half and were tired from the 5+ hour flight the day before. But that's neither here nor there because what's done is done.

But in 2013? I see Atlanta, at best, as the fourth best team in the NFC behind SF, Seattle and Green Bay. I expect that Chicago, NY, Washington, New Orleans (with the return of Mickey and Payton) and Dallas to be improved, so they're certainly no shoe-in next year.

Atlanta's playoff games? 34-0 LOSS, none, 48-21 LOSS, 24-2 LOSS, 30-28 Win, 24-28 LOSS.

So, Matt Ryan is elite, eh? Yet he lost by 34, lost by 28, lost by 22, won by 2 and lost by 4.

Kinda makes you think that if he gone to the Dolphins, his career under Tony Sparano would have been much better.

LMAO

So not only do you not understand time, you don't understand reality. That first game you bolded? It never happened.

-King- 03-11-2013 09:25 PM

Dolphins record the 5 years before Jake Long: 30-50 (.375)
Dolphins record the 5 years after drafting Jake Long: 38-42 (.475)

Falcons record the 5 years before Matt Ryan: 35-45 (.438)
Falcons record the 5 years after drafting Matt Ryan: 56-24 (.700)

LMAO Dane is such an idiot.

DaneMcCloud 03-11-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9487121)
So not only do you not understand time, you don't understand reality. That first game you bolded? It never happened.

You just made my point, Honky.

It was still a loss, 30-24

DaneMcCloud 03-11-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9487130)
Dolphins record the 5 years before Jake Long: 30-50
Dolphins record the 5 years after drafting Jake Long: 38-42

Falcons record the 5 years before Matt Ryan: 35-45
Falcons record the 5 years after drafting Matt Ryan: 56-24

LMAO Dane is such an idiot.

So go ahead and prove to us all that Matt Ryan would have made Miami a successful franchise and was the better selection.

JFC, you people live in a ****ing bubble.