ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pros/Cons of opening against the Patriots? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308022)

BlackOp 05-30-2017 04:45 PM

Pros/Cons of opening against the Patriots?

I thought is was interesting that Smith was already focusing on playing NE. He said as much in an OTA presser.

Not only is KC playing the SB champs but it is the very first game of the entire season, on the road, on national TV.

I'm curious if this changes the focus/intensity of the team during training camp. Reid seems to start the season a bit slow...

Hammock Parties 05-30-2017 04:47 PM

pros - delusions and dreams shattered quickly, 100% confirmation of alex smith's inability to ever win shit

cons - none

The Franchise 05-30-2017 04:48 PM

Pros - It's a predetermined outcome.

Cons - It's a predetermined outcome.

Reerun_KC 05-30-2017 04:48 PM

NFL is rigged.

Kman34 05-30-2017 04:49 PM

Pro.. We win
Con... We lose..

Reerun_KC 05-30-2017 04:49 PM

Pros - someone goes full Pollard on Smith's knee

Cons - none.

BlackOp 05-30-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12894513)
NFL is rigged.

Yes, it is...and the small market Chiefs are their favorite whipping boy.

My post was more alluding to how it affects players/coaches during camp... knowing you start off in a play-off type situation with the whole world watching.

chiefzilla1501 05-30-2017 04:51 PM

Andy Reid's been 50/50 on game 1.

We got clubbed by the Titans in 2014. We got embarrassed by the terrible Chargers in the first half this year (before pulling off a miraculous comeback in the second half). So on the bright side, think it's 50/50 we'd win against any average to good team. Why not lose to a team we'd have a tough time beating anyway.

TLO 05-30-2017 04:52 PM

Pros - get a loss to the Patriots out of the way early.

Cons - take a loss in the season opener

BlackOp 05-30-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12894520)
Pros - get a loss to the Patriots out of the way early.

Cons - take a loss in the season opener

KC did get knocked out the play-offs the last time they met...so there is that recent history too.

I think its going to be a great game....

Mile High Mania 05-30-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12894509)
I thought is was interesting that Smith was already focusing on playing NE. He said as much in an OTA presser.

Not only is KC playing the SB champs but it is the very first game of the entire season, on the road, on national TV.

I'm curious if this changes the focus/intensity of the team during training camp. Reid seems to start the season a bit slow...

You find it interesting that he's focused on the first game that matters, a few months after the franchise spent multiple picks on the QBotF, meaning he's about to be on the outs again.

Yeah, that's totally random and unexpected. And, it's all rigged - why do you give a shit?

Ming the Merciless 05-30-2017 04:56 PM

Pros: we might win

Cons: we might lose

My Take: we have to play a game to see

Reerun_KC 05-30-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12894518)
Yes, it is...and the small market Chiefs are their favorite whipping boy.

My post was more alluding to how it affects players/coaches during camp... knowing you start off in a play-off type situation with the whole world watching.

No it's a QB driven league. You want favoritism and calls going your way. Get a franchise QB that is marketable....

Or continue to trot out broke dick QBs and suffer the consequences.

BlackOp 05-30-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12894532)
No it's a QB driven league. You want favoritism and calls going your way. Get a franchise QB that is marketable....

Or continue to trot out broke dick QBs and suffer the consequences.

I dont disagree with that...if the NFL thinks Mahomes will drive foreign market viewership and build the future of brand...Chiefs will start getting holding calls, in their favor, on game deciding plays.

All the top QBs are about to retire...Titans, Bucs, Colts, Raiders are the teams they will be pushing. They are going to be pimping the Chargers too...they have a new stadium and a major market in play.

BlackOp 05-30-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12894527)
And, it's all rigged - why do you give a shit?

I dont much anymore....I like the off-season though. The whole moving chess pieces around is interesting... without the officials/advertising revenue ruining it.