ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Hypothetical: Chip Kelly LOVES Geno Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269580)

Fat Elvis 02-01-2013 12:00 PM

Hypothetical: Chip Kelly LOVES Geno Smith

Let's say that Chip Kelly really loves Geno Smith and feels that he is the one QB in this draft who could run his offense. The Chiefs aren't as sold on Geno as some of the members of this board--in fact, they have Geno and Tyler Wilson graded fairly close together.

If the Eagles are willing to trade their #4 pick, their second this year and their first next year for our #1 pick, do you pull the trigger and pick up Wilson with the #4?

Granted, Wilson being there at 4 is not a guarantee, but it is highly likely. Maybe that is why they bring in Alex Smith, insurance.

Personally, I would do it.

I think with some proper coaching from the QB Whisperer, Wilson could be a top notch QB (note: I am a Geno fan).

We have so many holes that could be filled with those two other picks (a high 2nd rounder, and lets face it; the Eagles will suck next year too so that pick should be a high first).

If Wilson can be coached to be a franchise QB, would you trade Geno for him and two other probable starters?

ModSocks 02-01-2013 12:02 PM

I certainly wouldn't complain, and yeah i'd be ecstatic...as long as we actually got Wilson.

If we trade down to draft a LT....yeah, i'd be pissed.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 12:02 PM

Wilson goes to the Jags, Barkley to the Raiders, and we're stuck.

NO.

The Franchise 02-01-2013 12:02 PM

So let's trade down.....past two teams who both need QBs and could take QBs.

**** that shit. If they like Wilson....then take him at #1.

LoneWolf 02-01-2013 12:06 PM

If Kelly falls in love with any QB it's going to be Manuel.

Sorter 02-01-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9370203)
Let's say that Chip Kelly really loves Geno Smith and feels that he is the one QB in this draft who could run his offense. The Chiefs aren't as sold on Geno as some of the members of this board--in fact, they have Geno and Tyler Wilson graded fairly close together.

If the Eagles are willing to trade their #4 pick, their second this year and their first next year for our #1 pick, do you pull the trigger and pick up Wilson with the #4?

Granted, Wilson being there at 4 is not a guarantee, but it is highly likely. Maybe that is why they bring in Alex Smith, insurance.

Personally, I would do it.

I think with some proper coaching from the QB Whisperer, Wilson could be a top notch QB (note: I am a Geno fan).

We have so many holes that could be filled with those two other picks (a high 2nd rounder, and lets face it; the Eagles will suck next year too so that pick should be a high first).

If Wilson can be coached to be a franchise QB, would you trade Geno for him and two other probable starters?

Hypothetical Scenario in which Sorter= GM for KC

Just another day in the office, getting ready for the draft. Sends Pioli an email saying "**** you, pillowbiter."

All of a sudden, a wild phone rings. *ring, ring*

"Hello, this is Sorter. Who's this?"

"Hi Sorter, this is Chip Kelly. I'd like to talk to you about the availability of your first round pick"

"...Could you hang on just one minute for me, Chip? Thanks."

...a minute passes...

*phone picked back up* "Hey Chip, I have someone who'd like to speak to you." (to another person) "Yeah, sure go ahead and tell him"

"Hello Chip, this is Geno Smith. Go **** yourself."

"Any questions Chip?"

Nightfyre 02-01-2013 12:16 PM

Lmao sorter.

Dayze 02-01-2013 12:33 PM

Chip Kelly loves Geno, tell him to get bent.

Crush 02-01-2013 12:44 PM

The first three picks will be QBs. Absolutely not.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-01-2013 12:48 PM

jokel doesnt even make the top ten. Boom!
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-01-2013 12:49 PM

This makes it a risk we don't get our qb. That's why we wanted the first overall pick. Don't mess around. The qb is more important, worry about te rest later

saphojunkie 02-01-2013 12:54 PM

ROFL at the idiocy in this thread.

Yeah, the draft is really going to go QB, QB, QB with the first three picks.

****ing people baffle me.

Rain Man 02-01-2013 12:56 PM

I don't care who the Chiefs pick as long as it's the best quarterback in the draft.

HemiEd 02-01-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9370214)
So let's trade down.....past two teams who both need QBs and could take QBs.

**** that shit. If they like Wilson....then take him at #1.

This

htismaqe 02-01-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9370331)
ROFL at the idiocy in this thread.

Yeah, the draft is really going to go QB, QB, QB with the first three picks.

****ing people baffle me.

It's not that it WILL.

It's that it COULD.

Why risk it?