ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Could it be, Clark has no idea WHO to bring in. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266793)

Holladay 11-19-2012 07:03 AM

Could it be, Clark has no idea WHO to bring in.

Assume Clark understands. What is he to do? Fire the Coach and GM? Then what? It's the middle of the season. What talent is out there for him to replace them with?

Methinks, Clark is working under the radar on a coach and GM replacement, but can't pull the trigger yet.

No one can be THAT dumb too not understand and see the implosion.

Especially when the TV announcers point out the black out, the empty seats, bags on heads ( and even them being handed out) and show the exodus of fans on multiple times.

ncCHIEFfan 11-19-2012 07:08 AM

I just hope he IS working hard behind the scenes and gets it right this time!

Easy 6 11-19-2012 07:15 AM

For Clark to allow that gestapo scene at Arrowhead yesterday is still unbelieveable to me, even after a good nights sleep.

It certainly doesnt bode well for the future.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Chief Roundup 11-19-2012 07:19 AM

Good I am glad that he doesn't have an Idea of a person in particular. Because then he should interview a larger number of people for the position.

Warrior5 11-19-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Assume Clark understands. What is he to do? Fire the Coach and GM? Then what? It's the middle of the season. What talent is out there for him to replace them with?
Fire GM now; it serves no purpose to keep Pioli.

Quote:

Methinks, Clark is working under the radar on a coach and GM replacement, but can't pull the trigger yet.
He can pull the trigger NOW.

Quote:

No one can be THAT dumb too not understand and see the implosion.
I'm honestly beginning to wonder.

notorious 11-19-2012 07:43 AM

He is waiting patiently for San Diego to clean house....

oldman 11-19-2012 07:44 AM

I think Clark has the wheels in motion, it's just a matter of time until he pulls the trigger. I've said all along, it's about perception. If he cans everyone today, it could be seen as he caved to a bunch of fans and that's going to be seen as a sign of weakness to some of his fellow owners. It could be that Pioli will "resign" (complete with a buyout package) and that would get the job done. However if Pioli does that, he pretty much signs his own death warrant for ever being a GM again. But it's also about money. From what I could see on TV, I'd guess there were between 45-50K there at most. At what point do you let money do the talking? The Hunts have pretty deep pockets, but I'd bet there was a pretty penny lost yesterday.

Rausch 11-19-2012 07:46 AM

Might as well be first in line...

Fat Elvis 11-19-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9132603)
I think Clark has the wheels in motion, it's just a matter of time until he pulls the trigger. I've said all along, it's about perception. If he cans everyone today, it could be seen as he caved to a bunch of fans and that's going to be seen as a sign of weakness to some of his fellow owners. It could be that Pioli will "resign" (complete with a buyout package) and that would get the job done. However if Pioli does that, he pretty much signs his own death warrant for ever being a GM again. But it's also about money. From what I could see on TV, I'd guess there were between 45-50K there at most. At what point do you let money do the talking? The Hunts have pretty deep pockets, but I'd bet there was a pretty penny lost yesterday.

Unfortunately, with TV revenue sharing, Clark didn't lose a single penny yesterday. Clark structured the financial aspect of the deal between the players union and the owners. He knows what he is doing on the fiscal end.

bevischief 11-19-2012 07:48 AM

Do something Clark. Balls in your court.

oldman 11-19-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9132612)
Unfortunately, with TV revenue sharing, Clark didn't lose a single penny yesterday. Clark structured the financial aspect of the deal between the players union and the owners. He knows what he is doing on the fiscal end.

I beg to differ. There was lost revenue in parking as well as the concessions. Take that $8 beer. Counting actual cost of the beer itself, add in the cost of distribution (the workers, cups), and other costs (security), I'll bet every one of those puts $3 or more in the Hunt family fortune.

stonedstooge 11-19-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9132627)
I beg to differ. There was lost revenue in parking as well as the concessions. Take that $8 beer. Counting actual cost of the beer itself, add in the cost of distribution (the workers, cups), and other costs (security), I'll bet every one of those puts $3 or more in the Hunt family fortune.

Chunt is disappoint in you. He makes $3.18543 dollars/beer.

memyselfI 11-19-2012 08:09 AM

I think it's more likely that he and his family were used to Lamar running the show and his competency of juggling many successful franchises. I do NOT think it's a coincidence that since Lamar died his franchises have struggled. Or they were fine for a short while and then imploded.

It's easy to look like a successful owner when your Daddy is running the show and you are getting rich by birthright. Not so much when Daddy dies and leaves everyone to carry on his legacy. He neglected one huge factor. That of making sure his successors were competent and know what the fugg they are doing.

Canofbier 11-19-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9132597)
He is waiting patiently for San Diego to clean house....

:sulk::Lin:

Chief_For_Life58 11-19-2012 08:28 AM

hopefully hes interviewing new owners to sell the team to that want to win championships