ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Len Dawson interviews Pioli... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266141)

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9082536)
This is the begining of PR spin to try to calm down the fan base, say "things aren't as bad as they look," we were in the playoffs two years ago yap yap yap.

And it does not mean he is not getting fired.

You always have the glass half empty. Not that I blame you. ROFL

notorious 11-04-2012 01:11 PM

First question "So, what are the details on your new 5 year contact extension?"

007 11-04-2012 01:16 PM

All the PR moves they are making make me think he has already been extended.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9082600)

Yup.

htismaqe 11-04-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9082536)
This is the begining of PR spin to try to calm down the fan base, say "things aren't as bad as they look," we were in the playoffs two years ago yap yap yap. They're just trying to generate some misplaced optimism to blunt the critics, and "get their side of the story out."

Dude, we are WAY beyond the point where something like that is going to WORK.

This is actually making the average fan like him LESS because they had never seen or heard him do an interview before now, when the team is in historic FAIL mode.

His lack of a public presence before now, combined with the Arrowhead Anxiety, prevents this from garnering him any real sympathy. It just makes him look pathetic.

htismaqe 11-04-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

The extension is meaningless. These kinds of contracts are broken all the time. Hell, for all we know the new contract lowered the buyout.

Brock 11-04-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9082615)

This is actually making the average fan like him LESS because they had never seen or heard him do an interview before now, when the team is in historic FAIL mode.

His lack of a public presence before now, combined with the Arrowhead Anxiety, prevents this from garnering him any real sympathy. It just makes him look pathetic.

Of course it's not going to work. That's what he's going to do, though.

007 11-04-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9082625)
The extension is meaningless. These kinds of contracts are broken all the time. Hell, for all we know the new contract lowered the buyout.

I sure hope so,

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Wear flipflops and sweatpants is not good PR.

He has always worn suits or at least sportcoats before.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Yep.

Like I said, I would bet the Chiefs had an agreement with the TV station that Pioli had to do this.

But he doesn't have to like it or dress nicely.

Hence bumwear.

GloryDayz 11-04-2012 03:20 PM

The good news is that with it being a two-part series, if the first segment isn't the least bit "In Your Face" by Len that KMBC and Len will have taken so much shit from the folks in KC by the time the 2nd part airs that KMBC will lose viewers (maybe) and coin, and Len will have gone from local hero to being labeled a corporate sellout yes-man. So there might be a little hardball involved. We can only hope.

TimeForWasp 11-04-2012 03:23 PM

I can't imagine Len going negative. I think he is already a sell out.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 03:24 PM

Pioli's body language tells all.

Unless Len is sitting there laughing with him about stuff and agreeing. Being the sounding board.

KCrockaholic 11-04-2012 04:57 PM

I may have missed it somewhere in here, but what time will this be on?

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 04:57 PM

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 04:58 PM

5 hours until our 30 second teaser!

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9083527)
5 hours until our 30 second teaser!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UfXeAakq7cA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 05:32 PM

Is he fired yet?

Is he?!

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-04-2012 06:04 PM

This was pre-recorded right? If there was anything about it Pioli was uncomfortable with he'd have had it killed. If you're expecting anything good be ready for disappointment.

gblowfish 11-04-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

I disagree. The Chiefs PR machine are trying to put lipstick on the Pioli pig.

The Chiefs are in TOTAL DENIAL about the mood of the fans. They think a small minority of disgruntled complainers (i.e. Chiefs Planet and SOC Movement) are whipping up a frenzy over nothing. They think they're going to finish with four or five wins; and they'll play this season's failure off as:

a) Injuries: Charles isn't back to normal. Hudson got hurt. Dorsey got hurt. Berry isn't back to normal, both QBs had concussions that made them miss games, etc.
b) New OC: Guys haven't picked up the system yet. It's not Bill Muir anymore!
c) Bad luck: Balls just bounced the wrong way, and bounced off our hands over and over and over and over (repeat the word "over" 29 times)...

I'm telling you, they're shining this off. They think all they have to do is win one or two homes games and this will all blow over. Clark is too cheap to fire everybody mid-season. They may play Romeo as a fall guy, but not till the season is over. Pioli will probably make it through the year untouched. Hate to say it, but I just see it coming.

The year end letter that the Chiefs sent to STH's will have the word "disappointing" in it probably six or seven times. I used to count it in all the letters I got when King Carl was boss man.

At the end of the year, Clark will stick millions in his pocket. He makes money like crazy, even when we suck at historic levels. He watched his dad do it for an entire decade (1975-1985).

I'm just sayin, these guys still don't get it. That's why a successful blackout vs. Cincy is so important. We need to build the momentum and prove our case to even passive fans.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 06:15 PM

We must break them.

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9083812)
I'm just sayin, these guys still don't get it.

It doesn't matter if the PR department, Pioli, Crennel, etc. don't "get it". They probably don't and never will until they're fired.

That won't stop the Hunt family from firing everyone. Their family name is being dragged through the mud. Even the NFL Network commentators and hosts are slamming the Chiefs. The NFL Network.

They're goners.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 06:17 PM

Does Hunt's ego outweigh his pocketbook? You bet your ass it does.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 06:18 PM

Pioli has control of PR obviously.

So he is using it to look good for his next gig.

Although why the **** he'd wear sweatpants to accomplish that is a mystery.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 06:19 PM

Clark could have easily retained Carl and Herm after 08 because the team had made a little bit of progress. They could have rolled with Thigpen and the pistol and Gailey.

He didn't. He saw a fruitless endeavor in doing so and made the move.

stonedstooge 11-04-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9083834)

He's probably mimicking Haley from last year. Why, I'm not sure.

007 11-04-2012 06:20 PM

Because he thinks we are all sweatpant wearing rednecks. He's trying to appeal that he is one of us.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9080578)
I really wish Len would say something like, "Sometimes I wish I still had prostate cancer so I could take my mind off the pain of watching you take a giant shit on the team I've stood by for years."

LMAO

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9083843)
He's probably mimicking Haley from last year. Why, I'm not sure.

Here's the answer boys:

The fat **** thinks he's an athlete and a coach too. He used to play, and he thinks it best to call on the starting lineup too.

Seriously, **** this guy.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 06:22 PM

He was an OL coach.

gblowfish 11-04-2012 06:25 PM

If we were to, by some miracle, beat Denver at home, Pioli would not be fired. He's betting on a game like the Green Bay win last year to take the heat off. They don't expect to win at Pittsburgh. But they expect two wins or more at home before the year ends. You can bet your ass that's what Pioli is telling Chunt. "Be patient, the year's only halfway done, etc etc etc".....

1ChiefsDan 11-04-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

All goes back to one of the comments in the earlier interviews. Fans just see him as an uptight, suit and tie wearing ass. He is trying to look like a "normal" guy. He can die in an aids fire.:grr:

RealSNR 11-04-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9083861)
He was an OL coach.

And that experience as a coach hasn't really prepared him successfully for scouting offensive linemen.

Sure, Asamoah looks good most of the time. Hudson looked promising for the short time he was healthy. Allen and Stephenson suck giant cock, but they're also rookies. If he were this grandmaster OL guru scout, you'd think he'd be able to track down the greatest coach, scheme, and players and build a legacy of fatties greater than the Vermeil offensive line.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9083861)
He was an OL coach.

I thought he was a D-lineman in college? One would certainly ****ing think so based on his drafting...

stonedstooge 11-04-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9083871)
If we were to, by some miracle, beat Denver at home, Pioli would not be fired. He's betting on a game like the Green Bay win last year to take the heat off. They don't expect to win at Pittsburgh. But they expect two win a couple more at home before the year ends. You can bet your ass that's what Pioli is telling Chunt. "Be patient, the year's only halfway done, etc etc etc".....

I worry that Chunt feels that way too. A couple of wins and the pressure will disappear

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

If we were to, by some miracle, beat Denver at home, Pioli would not be fired. He's betting on a game like the Green Bay win last year to take the heat off. They don't expect to win at Pittsburgh. But they expect two wins or more at home before the year ends. You can bet your ass that's what Pioli is telling Chunt. "Be patient, the year's only halfway done, etc etc etc".....

LMAO Thanks, George.

fire_egoli 11-04-2012 06:28 PM

if threres one guy to put his tail between his legs it's len dawson

gblowfish 11-04-2012 06:29 PM

The Chiefs PR staff is very transparent in their efforts to spin trouble. Remember when Haley had fingergate three years ago? The next day, he happened to be driving by a bus stop in the inner city, and gave some poor bus rider $300 in cash for wearing Chiefs gear. Suuuuuure.....that was totally spontaneous.

The PR Wanks are like the Gestapo inside Arrowhead. This is one uptight, Nixon-like paranoid bunch of ego maniacs.

Shag 11-04-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9083812)
I disagree. The Chiefs PR machine are trying to put lipstick on the Pioli pig.

The Chiefs are in TOTAL DENIAL about the mood of the fans. They think a small minority of disgruntled complainers (i.e. Chiefs Planet and SOC Movement) are whipping up a frenzy over nothing. They think they're going to finish with four or five wins; and they'll play this season's failure off as:

a) Injuries: Charles isn't back to normal. Hudson got hurt. Dorsey got hurt. Berry isn't back to normal, both QBs had concussions that made them miss games, etc.
b) New OC: Guys haven't picked up the system yet. It's not Bill Muir anymore!
c) Bad luck: Balls just bounced the wrong way, and bounced off our hands over and over and over and over (repeat the word "over" 29 times)...

I'm telling you, they're shining this off. They think all they have to do is win one or two homes games and this will all blow over. Clark is too cheap to fire everybody mid-season. They may play Romeo as a fall guy, but not till the season is over. Pioli will probably make it through the year untouched. Hate to say it, but I just see it coming.

The year end letter that the Chiefs sent to STH's will have the word "disappointing" in it probably six or seven times. I used to count it in all the letters I got when King Carl was boss man.

At the end of the year, Clark will stick millions in his pocket. He makes money like crazy, even when we suck at historic levels. He watched his dad do it for an entire decade (1975-1985).

I'm just sayin, these guys still don't get it. That's why a successful blackout vs. Cincy is so important. We need to build the momentum and prove our case to even passive fans.

Sadly, this is how I see it. Hope I'm wrong.

InChiefsHeaven 11-04-2012 06:30 PM

Does anyone have a link to this..."interview"?

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

If we were to, by some miracle, beat Denver at home, Pioli would not be fired.

There's no way in hell they win another game this year, let alone, beat Denver.

This team ****ing SUCKS. There is no chance they win a game until 2013.

They're ****ing pathetic. If you think the players are apathetic now, wait until they've been crushed by Pittsburgh next Monday night.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9083905)
There's no way in hell they win another game this year, let alone, beat Denver.

This team ****ing SUCKS. There is no chance they win a game until 2013.

They're ****ing pathetic. If you think the players are apathetic now, wait until they've been crushed by Pittsburgh next Monday night.

Yep. Pitt just pulled a great game out of their asses against NY.

They are going to absolutely DESTROY us.

Mizzou_8541 11-04-2012 06:35 PM

So wait, the interview is over?

InChiefsHeaven 11-04-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9083913)
Yep. Pitt just pulled a great game out of their asses against NY.

They are going to absolutely DESTROY us.

Add in the Haley factor, and it should be a ****in' blood bath.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9083893)
The Chiefs PR staff is very transparent in their efforts to spin trouble. Remember when Haley had fingergate three years ago? The next day, he happened to be driving by a bus stop in the inner city, and gave some poor bus rider $300 in cash for wearing Chiefs gear. Suuuuuure.....that was totally spontaneous.

The PR Wanks are like the Gestapo inside Arrowhead. This is one uptight, Nixon-like paranoid bunch of ego maniacs.

Dude.

PIOLI IS WEARING SWEATPANTS.

If this is an effort to make him look good, IT'S HORRIBLY EXECUTED.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9083931)
Add in the Haley factor, and it should be a ****in' blood bath.

Haley as Daniel Plainview:

http://www.blogto.com/upload/2007/12/20071230_blood.jpg

stonedstooge 11-04-2012 06:42 PM

The interview looks to be out at the stadium so that might be why he's dressed the way he is

BigMeatballDave 11-04-2012 06:44 PM

WHEN IS THIS ****ING INTERVIEW GOING TO AIR?

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 06:44 PM

How do we know how he is dressed? Did i miss something?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 06:44 PM

LMAO

stonedstooge 11-04-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9083978)
How do we know how he is dressed? Did i miss something?

The station has shown audioless clips pimping the story

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9083986)
The station has shown audioless clips pimping the story

So was it a face to face interview or some shit where there was a camera setup in his office and he answered questions from 'Lenny'

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 06:48 PM

He should have worn the jersey shore-style jogging suit instead.

stonedstooge 11-04-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9083993)
So was it a face to face interview or some shit where there was a camera setup in his office and he answered questions from 'Lenny'

Looks to be in a small room and the camera is behind Lenny. Looks like they went to him and not Pisoli to the station. Maybe it was a surprise interview?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9084000)
Looks to be in a small room and the camera is behind Lenny. Looks like they went to him and not Pisoli to the station. Maybe it was a surprise interview?

Really? Really? LMAO

Shag 11-04-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9083974)
WHEN IS THIS ****ING INTERVIEW GOING TO AIR?

Read the thread. It's in the ****ing OP.

stonedstooge 11-04-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9084003)
Really? Really? LMAO

ROFL

BigMeatballDave 11-04-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 9084004)
Read the thread. It's in the ****ing OP.

Whoa, no kidding?

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 07:13 PM

So:

Does anyone have the ability to get this in HD?

Anyone at all?

I want to see the beads of sweat on Pioli's giant forehead.

gblowfish 11-04-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9083951)
Dude.

PIOLI IS WEARING SWEATPANTS.

If this is an effort to make him look good, IT'S HORRIBLY EXECUTED.

I'm surprised they didn't make him wear a mullet wig, and have him do the interview in a 1986 Camaro....

You know, make it look like he's from Independence....

CoMoChief 11-04-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9084182)
I'm surprised they didn't make him wear a mullet wig, and have him do the interview in a 1986 Camaro....

You know, make it look like he's from Northern Independence....

fyp

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9084182)

You know, make it look like he's from Independence....

Does anyone seriously sport a mullet anymore?

Just indulge me and say no.

stonedstooge 11-04-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9084067)
So:

Does anyone have the ability to get this in HD?

Anyone at all?

I want to see the beads of sweat on Pioli's giant forehead.

I think I have the capability, but lack the knowledge

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 08:06 PM

2 hours bitches.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9084229)
I think I have the capability, but lack the knowledge

What do you mean? Do you have a capture card or something?

stonedstooge 11-04-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9084317)
What do you mean? Do you have a capture card or something?

I'm not real computer savvy. I just got direct tv that I can record stuff. I assume you can transfer somehow from the recording to a computer. Or am I wrong? I really don't know.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 08:59 PM

You would need special hardware for your computer.

If someone has a good quality camera they can record their HDTV with, and lower the lights so the video shows up decent and isn't all washed out...MUCH LOVE.

stonedstooge 11-04-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9084538)
You would need special hardware for your computer.

If someone has a good quality camera they can record their HDTV with, and lower the lights so the video shows up decent and isn't all washed out...MUCH LOVE.

Don't have a quality camera man. Sorry

GloryDayz 11-04-2012 09:02 PM

58 Minutes...

Ace Gunner 11-04-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9084213)
Does anyone seriously sport a mullet anymore?

Just indulge me and say no.

http://mulletor.com/images/com_01.jpg

petegz28 11-04-2012 09:20 PM

Why the hype over this? Haven't you all been disappointed enough this season?

Mother****erJones 11-04-2012 09:22 PM

Hopefully he's just taking the bullets right now. Deservedly so

petegz28 11-04-2012 09:27 PM

Is this on channel 9?

Bearcat 11-04-2012 09:31 PM

Isn't it just the teaser tonight, with the entire interview prior to MNF next week? Meh.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2012 09:36 PM

25 minutes

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...itd8o1_250.gif

BigMeatballDave 11-04-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9084716)

I doubt they show it til the end of the broadcast.

Bearcat 11-04-2012 09:50 PM

Softball, fluff.
Softball, fluff.
Softball, fluff.
Decent question, "tune in prior to MNF for the rest of the interview!"

People are somehow shocked and outraged.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-04-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9084778)
Softball, fluff.
Softball, fluff.
Softball, fluff.
Decent question, "tune in prior to MNF for the rest of the interview!"

People are somehow shocked and outraged.

I've been loling at most of this thread. It's like some people actually think something ground breaking is going to happen. I swear some people never learn.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9084798)
I've been loling at most of this thread. It's like some people actually think something ground breaking is going to happen. I swear some people never learn.

You probably won't watch it then...assuming you have access to watch it, right?

Mr_Tomahawk 11-04-2012 09:58 PM

aaaaaawwwwww shiiitttt....

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-04-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9084817)
You probably won't watch it then...assuming you have access to watch it, right?

I don't live in the KC area so.... no I won't have the chance. I would watch just to see what it was if I did live there.