ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hypothetical: Pioli and Crennel are gone. You get your choice for new Head Coach, and (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267905)

Mr. Flopnuts 12-21-2012 01:13 PM

Hypothetical: Pioli and Crennel are gone. You get your choice for new Head Coach, and

he doesn't draft a QB until the mid to late rounds. He's acquired a retread to start off with. Are you satisfied?

The Franchise 12-21-2012 01:14 PM

No.

Reerun_KC 12-21-2012 01:14 PM

NO, enough with the retreads.

keg in kc 12-21-2012 01:15 PM

**** no.

In58men 12-21-2012 01:15 PM

You can do better than this Floppy

HemiEd 12-21-2012 01:16 PM

I want a first round QB, first and foremost.
I have been wanting this since about 1986, and was all in for Quinn in 2007. Who they hire for a HC doesn't really matter to me if they don't go QB in the first.

Arrowhead Nation 12-21-2012 01:17 PM

No QB worth a top 5 pick so I say fine.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-21-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9229977)
You can do better than this Floppy

I'm curious as to just how much this fanbase expects to all happen in the course of the next 6 months. I mean, Pioli and Crennel should be gone. However, next you have to find a head coach that is going to make this fanbase excited, and he has to go out and draft a QB. Less than that, and this place is going to explode. Hey, I understand. I'm of the same mindset, I'm just thinking that we are asking for a lot to happen. What if the guy we all want doesn't like Geno, or Tyler, or whoever? How much are we going to like him, then?

Clark has his work cut out for him. We'll see how well he does...

Hammock Parties 12-21-2012 01:20 PM

I give everyone a chance to prove themselves.

If he doesn't want to take a QB high this year that's his prerogative. He's the professional, not me.

In three years if it's the wrong decision and he refuses to fix it, I'll start updating a weekly document about how much HE ****ing sucks, too.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-21-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9229988)
I give everyone a chance to prove themselves.

If he doesn't want to take a QB high this year that's his prerogative. He's the professional, not me.

In three years if it's the wrong decision and he refuses to fix it, I'll start updating a weekly document about how much HE ****ing sucks, too.

I'm thinking the only reason it doesn't happen is there's nothing there in the coaches eyes. I think I could be optimistic the first couple of years. But if there isn't a move up in the draft to get the guy, then I start freaking out all over again.

That said, I think Clark is going to make it clear he wants a QB out of this draft at the top of the board.

HemiEd 12-21-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrowhead Nation (Post 9229982)

And there you have it. Maybe there is a HOF right guard in the draft? Woot!

Bearcat 12-21-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9229985)
I'm curious as to just how much this fanbase expects to all happen in the course of the next 6 months. I mean, Pioli and Crennel should be gone. However, next you have to find a head coach that is going to make this fanbase excited, and he has to go out and draft a QB. Less than that, and this place is going to explode. Hey, I understand. I'm of the same mindset, I'm just thinking that we are asking for a lot to happen. What if the guy we all want doesn't like Geno, or Tyler, or whoever? How much are we going to like him, then?

Clark has his work cut out for him. We'll see how well he does...

Sure, it's a lot, but cleaning house is a given. Something is seriously, seriously wrong with the organization if that doesn't happen. The QB situation might be a little different.. outsiders might not know the history of incompetence... derp, they just won the AFCW a couple of seasons ago, but again, it's so freakin' obvious, especially if they have the 1st pick in the draft.

Considering what we pay for tickets, parking, etc; asking for some competence in the front office isn't greedy, and hell, I'd even make the argument that we aren't asking for that much... any owner with a pulse should clean house and tell the new GM they're drafting a QB. It's common sense.

Dayze 12-21-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrowhead Nation (Post 9229982)

you're not serous are you?

-King- 12-21-2012 01:29 PM

Why would anyone be happy? I can't any way anyone would be happy with that.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-21-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9230020)
Why would anyone be happy? I can't any way anyone would be happy with that.

You're right. I worded that terribly. I'm going to change it to satisfied.