ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

siberian khatru 06-05-2017 02:39 PM

I still can't believe this:

The Royals are hitting a guy with an OBP of .204 in front of a guy with a SLG of .202. A guy who can't get on and a guy who couldn't drive him in if he did anyway.

Those numbers are astounding.

Meatloaf 06-05-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBInfinity (Post 12903253)
dumb stuff

Au contraire, SBI, enlightened stuff. How can anyone have his terrible batting average, slugging percentage, etc and NOT make any changes? Heck, last week even Ned said that Gordon was maybe a little stubborn. And that's from a manager who never, ever says anything negative about his players.

Isn't it clear that Gordon has not made any changes in his approach? The opposition is giving him ANYTHING on the left side of the infield and they guy will not take advantage of the shift. Apparently he's too much of a guy's guy to attempt to lay down a bunt or two to relax the shift. He's stubborn to the point of hurting the team, and that's how/why he's incurred my wrath. And make no mistake, there isn't much worse than The Wrath of Meatloaf!!!

penbrook 06-05-2017 02:42 PM

So basically instead of 9 batters were playing with 7 batters.

SBInfinity 06-05-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12903267)
I still can't believe this:

The Royals are hitting a guy with an OBP of .204 in front of a guy with a SLG of .202. A guy who can't get on and a guy who couldn't drive him in if he did anyway.

Those numbers are astounding.

Its June and there's three in the lineup hitting <.190
I guess Moss might hit you a HR though

Why Not? 06-05-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12903276)
So basically instead of 9 batters were playing with 7 batters.

Correct. You basically only need 21 outs when you play the Royals. It's really surprising they don't have a worse W/L record.

Prison Bitch 06-05-2017 03:01 PM

Moose, Cain, Hosmer need to be traded by July 1.

Petro claimed the other day Herrera gets the most attention as he's a closer (snort, fart, chuckle) with another year of control.

Frankly, our best trade chip might end up being Mike Minor. Strange as it is. He's killing LH and would be a great add for a postseason run. LH are 5-41 with a .381 OPS

siberian khatru 06-05-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12903289)
Correct. You basically only need 21 outs when you play the Royals. It's really surprising they don't have a worse W/L record.

Indeed. Their Pythagorean is 22-33.

siberian khatru 06-05-2017 03:10 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Diabolical of Yost to move Merrifield to leadoff...before a series with the 41-16 Astros. &quot;See what happens when Esky doesn&#39;t lead off?&quot;</p>&mdash; Rany Jazayerli (@jazayerli) <a href="https://twitter.com/jazayerli/status/871827298458226689">June 5, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigCatDaddy 06-05-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12903294)

Petro claimed the other day Herrera gets the most attention as he's a closer (snort, fart, chuckle) with another year of control.

Frankly, our best trade chip might end up being Mike Minor. Strange as it is. He's killing LH and would be a great add for a postseason run. LH are 5-41 with a .381 OPS

Too bad he cant still given a shot to start as planned

SAUTO 06-05-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12903294)

Quit riding hootie cock

duncan_idaho 06-05-2017 04:45 PM

Re: Alex Gordon... you do everything you can to convince him to change his approach in the offseason, and fix his swing. And hope he listens. Otherwise, you've got little choice. They could expose him to waivers after the trade deadline and hope someone takes the chance.

Re: the lineup... I like dropping Moose to an RBI slot - have been calling for it - but hate hitting him behind out machine Salvador Perez.

Merrifield
Hosmer
Cain
Moustakas
Perez
Bonifacio
Moss
Escobar
Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 12903070)
its a week away, but who do the royals have their eye on in the draft?

They keep getting connected to Hs pitchers. Considering their track record with Hs pitchers, I'm not excited about that.

Jeremy Kendall of Vandy is my pipe dream. Probably won't slide QUITE to 11. He has the ability to be a real impact player (George Springer and Jackie Bradley Jr are high/low comps).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 8.0 (Post 12902002)
And I quote:

"Chris Young would be a better option than Herrera. Literally anyone!"

You know, the same Herrera who pitched UNBELIEVABLY in both the 2014 and 2015 postseason in the highest of leverage situations. But nope he can't handle regular season 9th inning games.

Just ... *SIGH*

P.S. You want to know who has more trade value for the Royals than you think? Mike Minor. He has LEGIT stuff and he is a fireman out of the bullpen. They can get a haul from a contender for that guy - he's a top 10 reliever in baseball right now with that arsenal. Sneaky good signing by Moore.

I think Mike Minor will be a very valuable trade piece. The Astros actually make a ton of sense for him (a power lefty arm would be a great fit for them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabletech94 06-05-2017 05:05 PM

thanks duncan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12903384)
Re: Alex Gordon... you do everything you can to convince him to change his approach in the offseason, and fix his swing. And hope he listens. Otherwise, you've got little choice. They could expose him to waivers after the trade deadline and hope someone takes the chance.

Re: the lineup... I like dropping Moose to an RBI slot - have been calling for it - but hate hitting him behind out machine Salvador Perez.

Merrifield
Hosmer
Cain
Moustakas
Perez
Bonifacio
Moss
Escobar
Gordon

They keep getting connected to Hs pitchers. Considering their track record with Hs pitchers, I'm not excited about that.

Jeremy Kendall of Vandy is my pipe dream. Probably won't slide QUITE to 11. He has the ability to be a real impact player (George Springer and Jackie Bradley Jr are high/low comps).

I think Mike Minor will be a very valuable trade piece. The Astros actually make a ton of sense for him (a power lefty arm would be a great fit for them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hootie 06-05-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12882898)
Why?

Makes zero sense

Should DFA Herrerra and I'm not joking

Liar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12882996)
Herrera is a true piece of shit. He's cost us 3-4 games already in the 9th. Wade would never have done that. We'd be in 1st or close right now instead of in the basement. I really hate this asshole

Plus we need to trade him in July and he's destroyed all his value. I'd DFA his sorry ass and tell him to F--- off as he left the clubhouse

Dumb liar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12883125)
Yeah. Anyone. CY has the same -0.3 WAR as Mighty Kelvin and if you can believe it, a much lower HR% on flyballs (17% vs 23%)

Kelvin has been serving up more meatballs than even CY

Irrational idiot that doesn't understand sample size.