ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

Al Bundy 05-30-2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12894383)
I reported Billay for spamming.

I am sorry I ever offered help to him in any way.

I hope he gains 50lbs and remains fat the rest of his sad life.

/The End.

I like this Lewdog.

penbrook 05-30-2017 05:09 PM

I didn't know Merrifield was 28 years old.

Deberg_1990 05-30-2017 05:49 PM

I'm 'all in' on being a seller. The only guy I would want to keep is Moose, but would be ok if we got a nice return for him too.

Prison Bitch 05-30-2017 07:36 PM

2,754 qualified hitting seasons since 2000.

Alex' current slugging % of .209 would be dead last. Alshittys .232 would be second worst.

Alshittys' current wRC+ of 10 is easily the worst. Then Clint Barmes 2006 (38) and good ol Neifi Perez 2002 (39) come in ahead of Alex at 44

There are 177 qualified hitters this year. Alex and Alshittys join Dee Gordon as the only ones without a HR

lewdog 05-30-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12894722)

Alex' current slugging % of .209 would be dead last. Alshittys .232 would be second worst.

Alshittys' current wRC+ of 10 is easily the worst. Then Clint Barmes 2006 (38) and good ol Neifi Perez 2002 (39) come in ahead of Alex at 44

There are 177 qualified hitters this year. Alex and Alshittys join Dee Gordon as the only ones without a HR

That's seriously some holy shit.

My God.

Thanks for providing those stats though. Wow.

Prison Bitch 05-30-2017 07:44 PM

He needs to seriously consider retirement after the year.^

Alex has been hit 7x already this year, without which he'd be worse than Neifi wRC+ who wasn't hit in 2002. Shocking factoid: Neifi was intentionally walked twice that year

Deberg_1990 05-30-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12894722)

:facepalm:

Discuss Thrower 05-30-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12894020)

They need pieces, but this isn't a complete tear down. Get some of the right pieces back, and KC could be reasonably targeting being back in contention in 2019 or 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be pissed at my agent if I were Salvy or Duffy.

I just don't see how you can predict there'll be enough value brought in by lopping off the productive parts of the roster to maybe contend three years from now.

Unsmooth-Moment 05-31-2017 04:37 AM

Skogland pitched great last night. What's his upside with us? You don't hear too much about him. Is he a middle of rotation kind of guy?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

duncan_idaho 05-31-2017 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 12895040)
Skogland pitched great last night. What's his upside with us? You don't hear too much about him. Is he a middle of rotation kind of guy?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think most who had seen him/pay attention to the Royals system had him chalked up as a back-end starter type, at best.

He is going to sit 90-91 with the fastball,
and his secondary pitches aren't big-time put away weapons.

But he IS 6-6, which helps with improving the play and plans of his pitches. His motion is loose and easy, so I'd imagine his 90-91 looks a little faster (seems to have some late life). The change up was good last night and will be a key. He also has consistently shown good control.

Also, his mom: would.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12894768)
I'd be pissed at my agent if I were Salvy or Duffy.

I just don't see how you can predict there'll be enough value brought in by lopping off the productive parts of the roster to maybe contend three years from now.

If they were going to be pissed about the team entering a rebuild/reload phase, they wouldn't have re-upped their deals.

Projecting forward in baseball with young players is one of the hardest things to do. Still, in 2019-2020, you'd be looking at Duffy and Karns still in their primes. Kennedy is likely a back-end, innings eating starter at best by that point, if he doesn't opt out.

Gordon's contract will be off the books. Perez will still be here and hopefully still hale/healthy (I'm encouraged by the way they've handled his PT this season).

And the way the more recent minor league promotions (Merrifield, Bonifacio, Strahm, Junis, Skogland, etc) have handled their promotion gives you hope for guys coming up. Other than Bonifacio, none of those guys were ever really heralded prospects, but they have debuted and shown the ability to be positive contributors nontheless (to differing degrees). Mondesi still has a world of talent offensively... if he can untap his tools more effectively, youre still talking about a GG-caliber shortstop who can be above-average offensively.

What they get back in trade and get out of the farm system are the big question marks and will help determine when they contend again. But it's not a hopeless situation by any means.

DeepSouth 05-31-2017 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12895046)
And the way the more recent minor league promotions (Merrifield, Bonifacio, Strahm, Junis, Skogland, etc) have handled their promotion gives you hope for guys coming up. Other than Bonifacio, none of those guys were ever really heralded prospects, but they have debuted and shown the ability to be positive contributors nontheless (to differing degrees). Mondesi still has a world of talent offensively... if he can untap his tools more effectively, youre still talking about a GG-caliber shortstop who can be above-average offensively.

This is why I won't be disappointed if the Royals do NOT sign any of the guys that will be free agents. I'm ready to cheer for some new, Royals grown, young talent. Skogland pitching last night gave me a warm and fuzzy. Let's see what guys like Cuthbert, Dozier, O'Hearn, Mondesi, Junis, Skogland, etc... can do for the major league club.
Plus, the Royals haven't fared real well in giving players big contracts (see Gordon's stats).

petegz28 05-31-2017 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12895046)
I think most who had seen him/pay attention to the Royals system had him chalked up as a back-end starter type, at best.

He is going to sit 90-91 with the fastball,
and his secondary pitches aren't big-time put away weapons.

But he IS 6-6, which helps with improving the play and plans of his pitches. His motion is loose and easy, so I'd imagine his 90-91 looks a little faster (seems to have some late life). The change up was good last night and will be a key. He also has consistently shown good control.

Also, his mom: would.

If they were going to be pissed about the team entering a rebuild/reload phase, they wouldn't have re-upped their deals.

Projecting forward in baseball with young players is one of the hardest things to do. Still, in 2019-2020, you'd be looking at Duffy and Karns still in their primes. Kennedy is likely a back-end, innings eating starter at best by that point, if he doesn't opt out.

Gordon's contract will be off the books. Perez will still be here and hopefully still hale/healthy (I'm encouraged by the way they've handled his PT this season).

What they get back in trade and get out of the farm system are the big question marks and will help determine when they contend again. But it's not a hopeless situation by any means.

Strahm so far has been legit. Skoglund and Junis, though promising, still have to show more but I am hopeful for the both of them. Bonafacio is killing it right now. Soler can't even see the field but I have a feeling he will when we trade Cain and move Gordon to CF and Jorge to LF.

Great Expectations 05-31-2017 07:02 AM

Gordon will be the worst player in baseball if he is moved to center. His D in left is the only thing keeping him from being the worst right now. Shirley we have somebody in the minors who can hit 175 and play better D in Center than Gordon...

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-31-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 12895074)
Gordon will be the worst player in baseball if he is moved to center. His D in left is the only thing keeping him from being the worst right now. Shirley we have somebody in the minors who can hit 175 and play better D in Center than Gordon...

"Hi. My name's Billy Burns, I enjoy Hunger Games movies and Lorenzo Cain trade rumors."

http://m.mlb.com/assets/images/8/6/2...v_85q2g98r.jpg

Great Expectations 05-31-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12895075)
"Hi. My name's Billy Burns, I enjoy Hunger Games movies and Lorenzo Cain trades."

http://m.mlb.com/assets/images/8/6/2...v_85q2g98r.jpg

Good point