ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Do you think the NFL is "rigged?" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279323)

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:34 AM

It is amazing to me that so many people spend so much money and so much time following a team and a sport where they think the outcome is predetermined or at least rigged to a large degree. That makes no sense to me.

WhiteWhale 12-09-2013 10:39 AM

Oh yeah.

How else can you explain Denver winning with Tebow?

Reerun_KC 12-09-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263100)
It is amazing to me that so many people spend so much money and so much time following a team and a sport where they think the outcome is predetermined or at least rigged to a large degree. That makes no sense to me.

I think its really just coming to light in the last several years... Now with all the camera angles, social media and ability to see the same stuff that the NFL refs "see". Its making a world of difference.

Many different sets of eyes on it now, unlike 5 years ago...

Nzoner 12-09-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263093)
It wasn't my link.

His statement about the lawsuit is incorrect though.

My bad,they refused to hear it

http://www.examiner.com/article/supr...g-spygate-suit

"The Supreme Court today decided not to hear the appeal in the lawsuit brought by disgruntled New York Jets fan Carl Mayer against the New England Patriots over the “Spygate” scandal. Mayer, a lawyer, was suing the Patriots on behalf of all Jets’ fans, seeking millions in damages for essentially cheating.

By not hearing this case, the Supreme Court not just upheld the lower court’s dismissal of Mayer’s suit, but in a very real sense helped prove that a league like the NFL could legally fix its own games.

gosampel 12-09-2013 10:52 AM

Money controls everything there is no God only money

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:52 AM

Here's another thing--the NFL allowed replay review and ever since has been expanding its use. Now, EVERY scoring play is reviewed, even without a challenge. One of the things that would be easiest for a ref to fudge on is spotting the ball--and that's even reviewable. No, penalties are not reviewable, but the expansion of replay is not the act of a league that is trying to use the refs to alter the game.

durtyrute 12-09-2013 10:53 AM

Billionaire owners are betting millions on these games, they aren't going to put them in the hands of 21-35 year-olds. I think it is fixed for point, just like that old article said.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10263108)
Oh yeah.

How else can you explain Denver winning with Tebow?

I don't think the NFL fixes games, but God is another story.

-King- 12-09-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10263035)
And if you notice....it's bullshit penalties after they have the game in hand. It's never huge penalties that result in the other team getting points.

Seriously?
Posted via Mobile Device

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10263114)
I think its really just coming to light in the last several years... Now with all the camera angles, social media and ability to see the same stuff that the NFL refs "see". Its making a world of difference.

Many different sets of eyes on it now, unlike 5 years ago...

And you know why there are so many set of eyes--because the NFL allows it. If they were worried about the crooked refs carrying out NFL orders, they wouldn't have a replay from almost every conceivable angle.

You also seem to be leaving out something. There's a million things the refs need to watch, and there are a lot of big, fast guys running around. They are going to miss some stuff, no question. There will even be some big ****-ups. That doesn't mean it's rigged.

BlackHelicopters 12-09-2013 11:02 AM

No.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10263115)
My bad,they refused to hear it

http://www.examiner.com/article/supr...g-spygate-suit

"The Supreme Court today decided not to hear the appeal in the lawsuit brought by disgruntled New York Jets fan Carl Mayer against the New England Patriots over the “Spygate” scandal. Mayer, a lawyer, was suing the Patriots on behalf of all Jets’ fans, seeking millions in damages for essentially cheating.

By not hearing this case, the Supreme Court not just upheld the lower court’s dismissal of Mayer’s suit, but in a very real sense helped prove that a league like the NFL could legally fix its own games.

This whole statement is just false. It's just pure non-legal opinion by the writer.

ping2000 12-09-2013 11:03 AM

Certain teams have figured it out:

1. Refs can't look everywhere at everything. Design your offense to bend/break the rules. You don't get caught every time.
2. Make sure your players bitch on every incompletion. You'll get some.
3. If you have a star QB, you get the benefit if the doubt on some calls.

Not fixed, just sucks.

wazu 12-09-2013 11:05 AM

Wow. 40% of Chiefsplaneteers actually believe the NFL is rigged, but they watch anyway?

Rain Man 12-09-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263100)

Wrestling?