ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285969)

Gonzo 08-30-2014 10:44 PM

Of ****ing course... Smith has a broken collar bone. Opening game I have Chase Daniel for my QB over the next 7 weeks. Fuuuuuuuuuu

GoShox 08-31-2014 11:37 AM

I'll bite. I recently played L.A. Noire on the PC. It's kind of like GTA with the ability to drive around in free roam, but it's more story driven, as you're always in a mission. The game takes place in the 1940's and you're a detective in the LAPD after serving in World War II. The storyline is built around the drug scene in LA, and also how you and your fellow marines from WWII come back to LA and fit back into society. The game came out in 2011 I believe.

Storyline: Absolutely amazing and the reason to play the game. The story is soooo good. You have the ability to interrogate people, and actual actors (a lot of them are from Mad Men) did not just voice acting, but actual acting for characters. So during an interrogation you can look at someone's eyes or how their acting and determine if they're lying or not. The acting throughout the game is absolutely amazing and made me want to watch the cut scenes, which I normally skip. You solve arson cases, traffic cases, homocides, and other stuff. The game can be pretty graphic, even if it's just a video game, it's still gory as hell, so if you're not interested in that stuff you might not wanna play it. Many of the cases are based off of real life, which is both fascinating and absolutely horrifying that real people did this stuff.

Challenge: The game is pretty easy, because even if you mess up an interrogation and miss some clues on a crime scene, you pretty much always have enough evidence to continue. There's some gun fights and car chases mixed in but they're all pretty easy. The only missions I really struggled with are the GTA car-trail mission where you have to follow someone, but stay out of their sight, and I struggled because I'm impatient as hell.

Replayability: I think maybe a year from now I'll want to play it again. There's collectables throughout the map, and you have the option to replay any mission you want, but the story is more interesting than the actual missions.

Graphics: The graphics are pretty normal, except for the acting and interrogation scenes which are phenomenal.

Online functionality: There are DLC's which I didn't play. Also, when solving a case, you can use a "lifeline" where you see how everyone else in Rockstar's Social Club did. There's no online mode so that's pretty much all there is to it.

Downloadable content: Again, there's DLC's but I didn't play them.

AI / NPC's: The AI is nice, you can actually have your partner drive you everywhere which is cool. The NPC's are typical Rockstar NPC's, they say random funny quotes and just walk around. There's not much else to them though.

Price: I got it in the Steam sale a few years ago for like $5, so I'd wait till it goes on sale again when it'd cheap.

Length of gameplay: I beat the game in 3 days, it's not very long. However, this is the type of game you should play in tiny bursts. If you play it all at once, kinda like me, the missions can be kind of repetitive and lose their luster. If you play it over a few weeks or a month, I guarantee they'd be much more fun. However I was so into the story that I wanted to beat it just to find out how it ended.

Overall, I'd give it an 8 of 10. I was really impressed by this game and really hope that a sequel comes out.

The Franchise 08-31-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10865538)
BTW... This just hit me...

Keep in mind that this review is all on a next- gen console. (ps4)
I'm sure the regular versions suck the donkey dick.

PS3 version is slow and sucks major balls.

kcxiv 08-31-2014 06:24 PM

hmmm.. L.A Noire the complete edition is 6 bucks on amazon. thinking about picking it up. I played a little of the game on the 360. for 6 bucks though. PC of course

Dayze 08-31-2014 06:43 PM

I remember plaing the shit out of L.A. Noire. I really liked that game.

Gonzo 08-31-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 10866469)
I'll bite. I recently played L.A. Noire on the PC. It's kind of like GTA with the ability to drive around in free roam, but it's more story driven, as you're always in a mission. The game takes place in the 1940's and you're a detective in the LAPD after serving in World War II. The storyline is built around the drug scene in LA, and also how you and your fellow marines from WWII come back to LA and fit back into society. The game came out in 2011 I believe.

Storyline: Absolutely amazing and the reason to play the game. The story is soooo good. You have the ability to interrogate people, and actual actors (a lot of them are from Mad Men) did not just voice acting, but actual acting for characters. So during an interrogation you can look at someone's eyes or how their acting and determine if they're lying or not. The acting throughout the game is absolutely amazing and made me want to watch the cut scenes, which I normally skip. You solve arson cases, traffic cases, homocides, and other stuff. The game can be pretty graphic, even if it's just a video game, it's still gory as hell, so if you're not interested in that stuff you might not wanna play it. Many of the cases are based off of real life, which is both fascinating and absolutely horrifying that real people did this stuff.

Challenge: The game is pretty easy, because even if you mess up an interrogation and miss some clues on a crime scene, you pretty much always have enough evidence to continue. There's some gun fights and car chases mixed in but they're all pretty easy. The only missions I really struggled with are the GTA car-trail mission where you have to follow someone, but stay out of their sight, and I struggled because I'm impatient as hell.

Replayability: I think maybe a year from now I'll want to play it again. There's collectables throughout the map, and you have the option to replay any mission you want, but the story is more interesting than the actual missions.

Graphics: The graphics are pretty normal, except for the acting and interrogation scenes which are phenomenal.

Online functionality: There are DLC's which I didn't play. Also, when solving a case, you can use a "lifeline" where you see how everyone else in Rockstar's Social Club did. There's no online mode so that's pretty much all there is to it.

Downloadable content: Again, there's DLC's but I didn't play them.

AI / NPC's: The AI is nice, you can actually have your partner drive you everywhere which is cool. The NPC's are typical Rockstar NPC's, they say random funny quotes and just walk around. There's not much else to them though.

Price: I got it in the Steam sale a few years ago for like $5, so I'd wait till it goes on sale again when it'd cheap.

Length of gameplay: I beat the game in 3 days, it's not very long. However, this is the type of game you should play in tiny bursts. If you play it all at once, kinda like me, the missions can be kind of repetitive and lose their luster. If you play it over a few weeks or a month, I guarantee they'd be much more fun. However I was so into the story that I wanted to beat it just to find out how it ended.

Overall, I'd give it an 8 of 10. I was really impressed by this game and really hope that a sequel comes out.

Thanks for your input man. Amazingly enough, I just finished playing this about a week ago on my ps3 for like, the third time in a couple years. The DLC is actually worth it and extends the gameplay quite a bit. The story in this game is what drives it. It's very intense and it really makes you feel like you're in 1940's Hollywood.
I totally agree with your assessment here. It's great to play it annually when you get tired of waiting for something new.
The LA Noire Wiki is really helpful should you ever get stuck on something, btw.

I LOVED it when your vice squad partner would use the eras lingo.
"Listen here you stupid dame, you mouth off to me again and I'll give you what-for." LMAO
I really hope they do a sequel as well. It would be magnificent on next gen.

Gonzo 08-31-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10867775)
hmmm.. L.A Noire the complete edition is 6 bucks on amazon. thinking about picking it up. I played a little of the game on the 360. for 6 bucks though. PC of course

Do it... Rock star is the elite game studio. They know how to make sure their consumer gets their money's worth out of every product.

Bowser 08-31-2014 08:15 PM

Just put in Bioshock Infinite for the first time. Loved the first one, was rather meh on the second one, but this one is really pulling me in....

Gonzo 08-31-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10868483)
Just put in Bioshock Infinite for the first time. Loved the first one, was rather meh on the second one, but this one is really pulling me in....

Yep. That's a winner. Great music, awesome story. Very creative.

kcxiv 08-31-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10868104)
Do it... Rock star is the elite game studio. They know how to make sure their consumer gets their money's worth out of every product.

yeah, i know. I used to be really cool with their sister studio in 2K Sports. They still send me free games. They are cool as ****. I just send an email and bam, overnight me a game! lol Take-Two Interactive is awesome.

Gonzo 08-31-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10869172)
yeah, i know. I used to be really cool with their sister studio in 2K Sports. They still send me free games. They are cool as ****. I just send an email and bam, overnight me a game! lol Take-Two Interactive is awesome.

Sweet man. That's a good deal.

I would absolutely LOVE it if Rockstar could get the NFL license, (or at least CFB). Make football more interactive and realistic.

Driving to the stadium, beating your old lady, snort coke, shoot roids, rape a chick in the bathroom etc.
Sweet game.

kcxiv 08-31-2014 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10869691)
Sweet man. That's a good deal.

I would absolutely LOVE it if Rockstar could get the NFL license, (or at least CFB). Make football more interactive and realistic.

Driving to the stadium, beating your old lady, snort coke, shoot roids, rape a chick in the bathroom etc.
Sweet game.

Since 2K and Rockstar are owned by the same company, they are basically the same thing. Take Two would immediately give the license to Visual Concepts. They all share the same technology and borrow from one another.

Buck 08-31-2014 11:37 PM

Firefall is a free to play FPS / 3PS shooter MMO. Hometeam and I have put about 160 hours into the game in the last couple months. It's really fun if you wanna come play with us. It's free!

Here is a good review.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WRxPVxTxzzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo 09-03-2014 08:14 AM

Been going thru some of the Upcoming titles recently and I'm really looking forward to The Evil Within. It's coming out next month I believe.
Some if the gameplay vids I've seen are spectacular.
Here's some info. There's a thread around here somewhere about it too.
http://theevilwithin.com/en-us

The Franchise 09-03-2014 08:19 AM

Picked up Dragon Age and Uncharted 3 for $10 yesterday.