ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV NBC cans 30 Rock, Community, and Parks and Rec (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259373)

KcMizzou 05-11-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPPT1974 (Post 8609743)
NBC really went down the hill after the ending of both "Friends and Seinfeld." As well as "Fraiser."

I'd rather watch P&R or Community than any of those three, and it's not close.

(Not a 30 Rock fan)

BigMeatballDave 05-11-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8609863)
I'd rather watch P&R or Community than any of those three, and it's not close.

(Not a 30 Rock fan)

Blasphemy!

Seinfeld.

Best.
Show.
Ever.

Edit: and its not close :)

BigMeatballDave 05-11-2012 08:28 PM

Awesome.

BigMeatballDave 05-11-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8609819)
Celebrity Apprentice >

Gay

Deberg_1990 05-11-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8609819)
Celebrity Apprentice >

I actually liked the original Apprentice without the B list stars. Unfortunately it didn't get the ratings the B list gets.

Setsuna 05-12-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPPT1974 (Post 8609743)
NBC really went down the hill after the ending of both "Friends and Seinfeld." As well as "Fraiser."

Yeah man they were second to none with that lineup. Couldn't be beat.

KcMizzou 05-12-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8609929)
Blasphemy!

Seinfeld.

Best.
Show.
Ever.

A hearty "meh".

I didn't hate it. It was better than Friends or Frasier.

Red Brooklyn 05-12-2012 08:58 AM

I think Friends is better than Seinfeld. Seinfeld was certainly quirkier. But Friends was a game changer. I think Friends feels less groundbreaking now because so many sitcoms since have been modeled after it. Seinfeld had a formula that it's almost impossible to copy. In that sense, Seinfeld is one of the best and most original shows I've ever seen.

The downside is that I don't think that brand of humor holds up as well over time. When it worked the humor was untouchable. But it missed as much as it hit. And when that brand of humor misses... yikes. Friends might have been safer (less risky in terms of style of humor), but it was also more consistent for longer.

Having said that, I still think both shows went on a couple seasons too long.

ILChief 05-12-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8610332)
I think Friends is better than Seinfeld. Seinfeld was certainly quirkier. But Friends was a game changer. I think Friends feels less groundbreaking now because so many sitcoms since have been modeled after it. Seinfeld had a formula that it's almost impossible to copy. In that sense, Seinfeld is one of the best and most original shows I've ever seen.

The downside is that I don't think that brand of humor holds up as well over time. When it worked the humor was untouchable. But it missed as much as it hit. And when that brand of humor misses... yikes. Friends might have been safer (less risky in terms of style of humor), but it was also more consistent for longer.

Having said that, I still think both shows went on a couple seasons too long.

Friends was a great show but nothing touches Seinfeld. FYI, if you like Friends, check out Happy Endings. It's basically Friends in Chicago instead of New York.

Red Brooklyn 05-12-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8610624)
Friends was a great show but nothing touches Seinfeld. FYI, if you like Friends, check out Happy Endings. It's basically Friends in Chicago instead of New York.

I'll check it out.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-12-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8609929)
Blasphemy!

Seinfeld.

Best.
Show.
Ever.

Can't argue that.

keg in kc 05-12-2012 09:25 PM

I never really liked Seinfeld all that much, and it's always struck me as one of those shows that was popular because it was the 'in' thing at the time.

Deberg_1990 05-12-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8611759)
I never really liked Seinfeld all that much, and it's always struck me as one of those shows that was popular because it was the 'in' thing at the time.

I actually liked it better before it got really huge and had a smaller following. Around 92 or 93? Once they moved it to Thursday Night Must See TV a few yer later it didn't seem as good, but it got huge in popularity.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-13-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Nah, I just like Larry David's brand of humor. Curb is awesome to me as well.

BigMeatballDave 05-13-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

I most certainly have to disagree. I love it today as I did then. It holds up. My 13 yr old son loves it.