ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sherman/Arenas (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278062)

TimBone 10-28-2013 09:15 PM

Sherman/Arenas

I meant to make this thread last week. I voiced a bit of frustration when we traded Arenas away to Arizona for Sherman. Our CB depth at the time was atrocious and it also seemed like we had brought in a bunch of fullbacks at that point.

I liked Arenas and thought he played decently after Routt was cut last year. Didn't see the upside in trading him for a fullback.

Well, I'm here tonight to eat a little bit of crow. Sherman has quietly become one of our standouts on offense. He's a hard hitter, his blocking is great, and he's even had some important receiving plays. It seems Charles does his best running when he's running behind Sherman as well.

I guess that's all I wanted to say. Welcome to the team Sherman. I hope you stay a while.

Gravedigger 10-28-2013 09:17 PM

SHERMAN TANK!!!!!!!

booger 10-28-2013 09:18 PM

Has to be close to leading in special teams tackles too. Definitely contributing well

AussieChiefsFan 10-28-2013 09:18 PM

Same here. At the time I had no idea what the point of the trade was, and like you, felt that Arenus was definitely worth keeping.

Well that worked out better than we expected.

Rasputin 10-28-2013 09:18 PM

Ya he seems like a tough SOB. Pretty glad we got him.

Rasputin 10-28-2013 09:21 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7WZbnMf13D0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RINGLEADER 10-28-2013 09:23 PM

Arenas has done nothing this year. 5 tackles and 0 passes defended.

I think we got the better end of that trade...

Buehler445 10-28-2013 09:23 PM

Crow eaten.

I was pissed. Now I am happy.

I had this conversation with my buddy the other day. Hardly anybody uses a fullback anymore and there are several in college. You'd think it would be plum easy to find a decent one. But prior to this season, we had been looking for one since TRich left. Ridiculous. Cost us a guy, but if we were going to cut him anyway, net win.

I'm just glad we have a decent fullback. He's no TRich, but he is a hitting son of a bitch.

mmmmmmm crow...

BossChief 10-28-2013 09:29 PM

Pass the crow...

Bump 10-28-2013 09:32 PM

ya Sherman looks like a keeper! That also means we don't have to draft one every single year either! I wasn't happy either for the same reasons you stated. I'm happy to eat some crow right now

Cephalic Trauma 10-28-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 10136491)
ya Sherman looks like a keeper! That also means we don't have to draft one every single year either! I wasn't happy either for the same reasons you stated. I'm happy to eat some crow right now

Bump! Long time, no read your dumb ****ing posts. How ya been, son?

Rain Man 10-28-2013 09:34 PM

Agreed. I was very annoyed with that trade, but it was a good trade. The Chiefs were right. I was wrong.

chiefzilla1501 10-28-2013 09:38 PM

I thought it was a very stupid trade. Even if Sherman is playing extremely well.

I'll take good cornerback depth over a starting fullback any day. The move was saved by a great move to steal Marcus Cooper.

booger 10-28-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10136538)
I thought it was a very stupid trade. Even if Sherman is playing extremely well.

I'll take good cornerback depth over a starting fullback any day. The move was saved by a great move to steal Marcus Cooper.

Doesn't matter. Arenas isn't a fit in Suttons D. His strength is zone not man. He would be no more valuable to the team than Robinson is

ChiefRocka 10-28-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10136538)

Uh....but Arenas wasn't good depth...and Sherman is playing well....soo, good trade yes?!? Eat crow?!? Yes.