ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Official Chiefs @ Pats Roadtrip*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307281)

Nzoner 04-21-2017 11:24 AM

***Official Chiefs @ Pats Roadtrip***

So a friend and I are thinking about going to Boston for the first game on TNF plus the Red Sox are in town so we could scratch two stadiums off the bucket list.

After checking all ticket sites the cheapest Pats/Chiefs ticket I've found is $329.I also visited with someone I know in the area and was told if one plans to stay in Foxboro there are two hotels and they get $600-$800 per room on game day,however if you stay in Boston there is a train that will take you to Foxboro and back on game day for only $20.Red Sox tickets are starting at $25 and up and they're hosting Tampa Bay that weekend.

I'm still just in the planning stages of this but would like to ask if anyone comes across any other helpful info to post it here.Thanks.

MahiMike 04-21-2017 11:39 AM

Wow, $329 per ticket! That's a full season in Jacksonville.

Rain Man 04-21-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12834123)

The Chiefs are a big draw in football-starved New England.

O.city 04-21-2017 11:44 AM

I found a dental conference in Boston that weekend, so I think the wife and I and some fellow dental friends are gonna try and make the trip for the game thursday then stay all weekend foe the conference.

Use it as a tax deduction.

Chief Roundup 04-21-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12834123)

Yeah I use to get tickets on the 50 for that in Arrowhead.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Amnorix 04-21-2017 11:56 AM

So the train to/from Foxboro out of South Station is highly recommended. The only trick is that it is generally the ONLY train back, so you need ot not miss it. It leaves half an hour after the game ends or whatever, so no hanging around.

This is ok, becuase it's F'ing Foxboro and there is NOTHING to hang around there for anyway.

Spend your time in Boston, not Foxboro. Boston is awesome. Foxboro is Podunkville with with Gillette Stadium in the middle of it.

Unfortunately, Fenway Park isn't terribly close to South Station. The train might also make a stop at Back Bay -- in fact I bet it does -- and Fenway is pretty close to there. That would suggest that you stay at a hotel in the Copley Square-type area.

Look at Boston Marriott or the Westin Copley as options. Might be too pricey, of course. Lenox is really nice, but same thing. $$$

Hilton Back BAy is fine. Hilton is a bit further from Back BAy station, but closer to the Fenway. Plenty of bars down that way too. Not sure what else you're looking to do, but that could work.

Meh, it's Boston. I imagine there are 100 hotel or AirBnB options.

Bugeater 04-21-2017 12:00 PM

No ****ing way I would ever set foot in that stadium.

Halfcan 04-21-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12834149)
So the train to/from Foxboro out of South Station is highly recommended. The only trick is that it is generally the ONLY train back, so you need ot not miss it. It leaves half an hour after the game ends or whatever, so no hanging around.

This is ok, becuase it's F'ing Foxboro and there is NOTHING to hang around there for anyway.

Spend your time in Boston, not Foxboro. Boston is awesome. Foxboro is Podunkville with with Gillette Stadium in the middle of it.

Unfortunately, Fenway Park isn't terribly close to South Station. The train might also make a stop at Back Bay -- in fact I bet it does -- and Fenway is pretty close to there. That would suggest that you stay at a hotel in the Copley Square-type area.

Look at Boston Marriott or the Westin Copley as options. Might be too pricey, of course. Lenox is really nice, but same thing. $$$

Hilton Back BAy is fine. Hilton is a bit further from Back BAy station, but closer to the Fenway. Plenty of bars down that way too. Not sure what else you're looking to do, but that could work.

Meh, it's Boston. I imagine there are 100 hotel or AirBnB options.

I was going to suggest staying in Woburn. It has been a long time since I was there, so not sure of the area anymore. But it was half the price of Boston hotels and the people there were very friendly.