ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games The Witcher 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291789)

MMXcalibur 04-08-2015 07:36 PM

The Witcher 3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N4ony2r0QFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game is one of the few in a long, loooooooong time that I am really looking forward to. I've never played any of the Witcher games and am unfamiliar with the story behind it, but the gameplay, graphics, and overall setting that surrounds this game has me stoked.

The game comes out for PS4, XBox One, and PC on May 19th.

hometeam 04-08-2015 07:44 PM

super pumped for this game, pre-ordered it months and months ago for like 19 bucks on steam secondary market~

Buck 04-08-2015 07:47 PM

You know what sucks? I can't even run The Witcher 2 on ultra above 30 fps in my 980 rig.

MMXcalibur 05-18-2015 12:15 AM

Downloaded it today for early access tomorrow after I get home from work.
I will be watching the clock all day.

Gonzo 05-18-2015 07:50 AM

Someone give me a little background on the series? It looks amazing but do you need to know wtf is up with the story or can you jump right into this installment?

MMXcalibur 05-18-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11505928)
Someone give me a little background on the series? It looks amazing but do you need to know wtf is up with the story or can you jump right into this installment?

You can jump right in. No prior knowledge needed.

Mr. Laz 05-18-2015 10:09 AM

Not going to get suckered into it this time.

I've tried every Witcher game and haven't finished any of them.

I get bored, not sure why.

Beef Supreme 05-18-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11506042)
Not going to get suckered into it this time.

I've tried every Witcher game and haven't finished any of them.

I get bored, not sure why.

I'm in the same boat, but I may end up getting it when they slash the price to ridiculous levels in a steam sale.

As far as why ... a few reasons. Odd dialogue that must really be suffering from being translated. The interface could use some serious revamping. The frustration of not being able to get where you want to go without running into invisible walls and having to find the perfect spot they have deemed you can hop off of a ledge. The combat isn't all that fun.

hometeam 05-19-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11506076)
I'm in the same boat, but I may end up getting it when they slash the price to ridiculous levels in a steam sale.

As far as why ... a few reasons. Odd dialogue that must really be suffering from being translated. The interface could use some serious revamping. The frustration of not being able to get where you want to go without running into invisible walls and having to find the perfect spot they have deemed you can hop off of a ledge. The combat isn't all that fun.

Polish parent company, so I can see some of that. Witcher 3 is full open world.

Gonzo 05-20-2015 10:38 PM

Picked this up today.
Ok so far this is what I've got...
The good: The level of detail and the size of the world is just absolutely amazing.
The bad: WTF IS GOING ON???? I HAVE NO ****ING CLUE WHAT I AM DOING HERE AND I DONT GET IT.
The Sexy: Wow, they like chicks with nice poopers.

This thing is pretty impressive so far. It's just a tad confusing and the game takes a lot of character maintenance.
I'm reserving judgment until I get into it about 10 more hours.

MMXcalibur 05-20-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11511411)
Picked this up today.
The good: The level of detail and the size of the world is just absolutely amazing.
The bad: WTF IS GOING ON???? I HAVE NO ****ING CLUE WHAT I AM DOING HERE AND I DONT GET IT.

This thing is pretty impressive so far. It's just a tad confusing and the game takes a lot of character maintenance.

I agree with the "I have no ****ing clue" part.

I was told I would be able to go into this game with zero knowledge and be just fine. This is not the case.

Awesome game. I suppose I'll just make my own story. :hmmm:

Beef Supreme 05-21-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11511475)
I agree with the "I have no ****ing clue" part.

I was told I would be able to go into this game with zero knowledge and be just fine. This is not the case.

Awesome game. I suppose I'll just make my own story. :hmmm:

To be fair, you could start with the first Witcher game and probably still have no ****ing clue. None of the games tell a coherent, well-paced story. Which is part of why I never finished the first two.

Mr. Laz 05-21-2015 10:54 AM

Knowing what your supposed to do and how you supposed to do it has always been a problem with witcher.

I'm not talking about the good problem solving or tactical What/How either.

where they hell am i?
Where the hell am i supposed to go?
How the hell does this interface work?

Gonzo 05-21-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11512060)
Knowing what your supposed to do and how you supposed to do it has always been a problem with witcher.

where they hell am i?

Exactly. Bloodborne was like that but it was a lot of fun to figure out. This game is almost a ****ing chore to play.

hometeam 05-21-2015 09:11 PM

Im getting my ass killed a ton

MMXcalibur 05-21-2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11512060)

where they hell am i?

I haven't had that problem yet. Most missions/quests have been pretty straightforward and I've been able to follow the map markers. That might very well change as I start digging into the story quests.

I'm not even going to try and understand the lore behind everything. I've whittled it down to two sides fighting for territory and I need to find a special girl that a dark army wants to get ahold of. Based on what I've been thrown into, that's about as far as I want to take it.

millz 05-22-2015 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11511411)
Picked this up today.

Feeling the same way. Don't know what to do at all..don't know how to upgrade weapons, level up, create potions, etc.

It feels like a huge chore. I'm gonna go back to bloodborne before I figure this all out..I am so so confused and really want to enjoy this.

Gonzo 05-22-2015 02:20 PM

Ok, I'm in total amazement at this games size. I have a problem with something though...

Do you all notice that this game is a lot like Assasin's Creed Unity as far as the protagonist being a total douche, the glitches, the confusing plot lines and all of the side quests? Not to mention the battle mechanics are mundane and just require you to do the same moves over and over again.
It's the same ****ing thing. Yes, The Witcher is a much more polished product graphics-wise and yes, the NPC's are more interesting.
(Side note, I am in no way a AC fan or a Ubisoft guy)

Here's my point. Reviewers are so frightened by Witcher fanbois that they'd never point the problems/glitches out, (or be dismissive of them) and they score this ****ing thing 10/10 but if Ubisoft has any issues with their products, they get raped.
It's an unfair and biased industry.
You want a true review of this game?
Google Jim Sterlings written review and then go to YouTube and watch 'Worth a Buy' (who is a complete jerkoff who doesn't complete games before reviewing sometimes). The truth is somewhere in the middle.
I've put about 10 hrs in so far and I love it but I also get annoyed at times. It's beautiful but there's a bit too much at times.

hometeam 05-22-2015 03:15 PM

If the game had the shadow of mordor/batman fighting system it would be off the hook.

As it is now the game is kind of a hybrid AC/Dark souls fighting system, and not as good as either of those systems standalone. This couples with a bad version of the 'parkour' system and mixed with a skyrim-like world.

You can tell the game had to be shit on for PC to work with consoles.

Its a decent game, and I will end up putting in a bunch of hours, but there is a ton of room for improvement.

Gonzo 05-22-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11514019)
If the game had the shadow of mordor/batman fighting system it would be off the hook.

As it is now the game is kind of a hybrid AC/Dark souls fighting system, and not as good as either of those systems standalone. This couples with a bad version of the 'parkour' system and mixed with a skyrim-like world.

Its a decent game, and I will end up putting in a bunch of hours, but there is a ton of room for improvement.

Yeah it's just a beautiful game and an excellent effort but it has glitches like a mofo right now. If a reviewer dares talk shit, the Witcher fanbois' onslaught is hilarious.
The game is above average so far for me. I'm going to really give it some effort but I gotta go back to Bloodborne for a while. I can't get enough of it.

keg in kc 05-22-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11514093)
If a reviewer dares talk shit, the Witcher fanbois' onslaught is hilarious.

It's been like the whole series. They're downright religious about how awesome the games are. They were always sold as "mature dark fantasy" but I always thought they were more like dark fantasy as envisioned by 12-year old boys. With boobs and stuff! And just a horrible combat system in every game.

The first one was okay. I finally finished it after a couple of years of stops and starts. The second one I pre-ordered but just couldn't get into. The third one I might buy on sale in two years. I didn't give in to the hype this time.

millz 05-23-2015 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11514093)
Yeah it's just a beautiful game and an excellent effort but it has glitches like a mofo right now. If a reviewer dares talk shit, the Witcher fanbois' onslaught is hilarious.
The game is above average so far for me. I'm going to really give it some effort but I gotta go back to Bloodborne for a while. I can't get enough of it.

I've agreed with everything you said about witcher. It's been absolutely SPOT ON.

This game in fact reminds me a lot of AC unity...beautiful environments plagued by glitches and framerate issues. It's really a dissapointment. I haven't touched it really since launch day..I bought into the hype and I had no idea wtf to do.

I also don't understand how to create potions, armor up, upgrade weapons or regain health. I'm just totally confused. I really wanted to enjoy this but I'm having a hard time and I'm not gonna put it back in until someone fully explains wtf do I do.

not to mention the movement and camera sensitivity is beyond horrible.. it just feels off. maybe this just isn't my game, was really enjoying Bloodborne and this screwed everything up. I don't wanna return it or sell it but I'm a bit overwhelmed and dissapointed.

Games to me are just not the same anymore.. it turned from an art to a complete business. were force fed over hyped sequels and unoriginal titles on these consoles and there only getting more expensive. maybe I'm just getting older but these games aren't cutting it anymore. Bloodborne was an exception and I love it..easily my favorite game on the PS4 but besides that..what has there been really? They just keep pumping out these remastered collections..man I really hope arkham knight is amazing because the witcher really kind of let me down.

It looks beautiful but the way it plays is just too much for me to handle..

eDave 05-23-2015 03:25 AM

Shitty releases suck so much. ****!

Gravedigger 05-23-2015 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11513880)
Ok, I'm in total amazement at this games size. I have a problem with something though...

Do you all notice that this game is a lot like Assasin's Creed Unity as far as the protagonist being a total douche, the glitches, the confusing plot lines and all of the side quests? Not to mention the battle mechanics are mundane and just require you to do the same moves over and over again.
It's the same ****ing thing. Yes, The Witcher is a much more polished product graphics-wise and yes, the NPC's are more interesting.
(Side note, I am in no way a AC fan or a Ubisoft guy)

Here's my point. Reviewers are so frightened by Witcher fanbois that they'd never point the problems/glitches out, (or be dismissive of them) and they score this ****ing thing 10/10 but if Ubisoft has any issues with their products, they get raped.
It's an unfair and biased industry.
You want a true review of this game?
Google Jim Sterlings written review and then go to YouTube and watch 'Worth a Buy' (who is a complete jerkoff who doesn't complete games before reviewing sometimes). The truth is somewhere in the middle.
I've put about 10 hrs in so far and I love it but I also get annoyed at times. It's beautiful but there's a bit too much at times.

I dunno, I think the differences between this game and AC are pretty obvious, AC is much more closed in where the Witcher feels more open. Signs add more to the combat, the inventory system is more MMO based and varied, the story is more addictive and better paced etc. The only glitches I've seen were drowners swimming above the water, not people completely missing their faces. Also you forget the most obvious error that there's a new AC every year, and they mass produce the product and it comes off as hit or miss. Geralt isn't a douche, he's badass, most times I'll respond to what I think he'll say and he'll say exactly what I was thinking, I dunno maybe I'm a douche. The game isn't a 10/10 but I think it's pretty high up there in the 9s.

Also Jim Sterling is a asshat in the fact he rushes his reviews out without having played much of the game. At least Total Biscuit plays a good 50-60%. I don't like Jim Sterlings reviews because they're not reviews, just impressions. Also this is the first Witcher I've played myself and I'm enjoying it so far, I like games that don't give you a tutorial on everything and force you to tinker and make mistakes ala a Dark Souls.

GloucesterChief 05-23-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

CD Projekt Red will fix the gliches and probably add content for free. That is what they did with Witcher II. The combat is supposed to be difficult. They make it clear that you need to fight tactically and know the weaknesses of what you are fighting particularly monsters.

hometeam 05-23-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11515313)
CD Projekt Red will fix the gliches and probably add content for free. That is what they did with Witcher II. The combat is supposed to be difficult. They make it clear that you need to fight tactically and know the weaknesses of what you are fighting particularly monsters.

Unfortunately, the combat system will not be fixed. Its not the difficulty, its how clunky it is mechanically compared to similar genre games.

Shadows of Mordor combat is 10x as good as W3. Thats really my only complaint. Combat and movement is clunky, you can tell its made for consoles, and there are similar games that have recently come out that did it so much better that its a glaring weakness.

Ragged Robin 05-23-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

I love how the combat ISN'T Mordor/Batman which feels way too easy and "on rails." It's fun trying to execute the perfect fight while minding your footwork and stuff because the animations are really well done.

Mr Luzcious 05-23-2015 03:38 PM

Agreed. I really dislike Batman style combat personally. And they did revamp combat in Witcher 2, so I wouldn't completely rule out changes to this one at some point.

I've found the previous Witcher games to be very overrated.. but I'm really enjoying this one so far.

Gonzo 05-23-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11515163)
I dunno, I think the differences between this game and AC are pretty obvious, AC is much more closed in where the Witcher feels more open. Signs add more to the combat, the inventory system is more MMO based and varied, the story is more addictive and better paced etc. The only glitches I've seen were drowners swimming above the water, not people completely missing their faces. Also you forget the most obvious error that there's a new AC every year, and they mass produce the product and it comes off as hit or miss. Geralt isn't a douche, he's badass, most times I'll respond to what I think he'll say and he'll say exactly what I was thinking, I dunno maybe I'm a douche. The game isn't a 10/10 but I think it's pretty high up there in the 9s.

Also Jim Sterling is a asshat in the fact he rushes his reviews out without having played much of the game. At least Total Biscuit plays a good 50-60%. I don't like Jim Sterlings reviews because they're not reviews, just impressions. Also this is the first Witcher I've played myself and I'm enjoying it so far, I like games that don't give you a tutorial on everything and force you to tinker and make mistakes ala a Dark Souls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11515492)
Unfortunately, the combat system will not be fixed. Its not the difficulty, its how clunky it is mechanically compared to similar genre games.

Shadows of Mordor combat is 10x as good as W3. Thats really my only complaint. Combat and movement is clunky, you can tell its made for consoles, and there are similar games that have recently come out that did it so much better that its a glaring weakness.

The game is in no way bad. I'm actually really enjoying it for the most part. They character models/NPC's are really awesome.

However, there are a lot of glitches. I've rag-dolled twice, morphed thru the map once, had trees sprout up out of nowhere and ended up stuck and I've had some serious sound delays. I know they'll fix it, they always patch that shit pretty quick.
The movement of Geralt is clunky as hell. He takes a step or two too many a lot of times. You have to be in an exact place to loot items and I find myself walking in circles a lot in order to get that mechanic to appear.

It's not 100% yet but I am enjoying it. I'm learning a lot about how to craft and shit too. I think it'll end up being a great game. Not as good as I'd expected but close.

hometeam 05-25-2015 01:10 PM

I wish the game had strafe :/

Gonzo 05-25-2015 01:25 PM

Have to admit... The more I play, the better the game gets. They really work hard to immerse you into the story. I've pieced together a lot but it's not exactly accurate with the whole, "people new to Witcher can jump right in" bullshit.

It does get a bit confusing.

mdchiefsfan 05-27-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11518414)
Have to admit... The more I play, the better the game gets. They really work hard to immerse you into the story. I've pieced together a lot but it's not exactly accurate with the whole, "people new to Witcher can jump right in" bullshit.

It does get a bit confusing.

I'm having quite a bit of fun with it as well.

Kidd Lex 05-27-2015 06:58 PM

Loving the game - best world I've ever played in - very immersive and has all the monster cliches from our childhood stories. Very very cool.

eDave 05-27-2015 08:20 PM

I'm going to end up buying this game despite not getting further than the swamps in Numba One.

****. My catalog of unfinished games grows yet again.

Aspengc8 05-28-2015 05:27 AM

Quote:

I just finished Shadows of Mordor finally.. I haven't enjoyed a game that much in a LONG time. I never played a Batman game, but that combat system is awesome. I'm debating on picking up Witcher 3 or just going into the destiny expansion.

keg in kc 05-28-2015 07:32 PM

Apparently I've been doing it wrong all these years:

<iframe width="750" height="462" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NGT4GO0Cn_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck 05-29-2015 06:39 PM

The Witcher PC $38 through GMG following a link through slickdeals.

Was going to wait until Steam Sale to buy, but doubt it'll get this low.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7880499-gmg-...y-and-farcry-4

Note, the game gives you a GoG key, not a steam key.

OmahaChief 06-01-2015 03:25 PM

Are there a lot of different monster types to fight in this game? Dragon Age 3 bored me as there was so few different monster types and mostly human types to kill.

Gonzo 06-02-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 11529135)
Are there a lot of different monster types to fight in this game? Dragon Age 3 bored me as there was so few different monster types and mostly human types to kill.

For sure man. That's a major theme in the game. Several different types of monsters that you have to research.

mdchiefsfan 06-02-2015 02:04 AM

Jenny O' the Woods is a pain in my dick

OmahaChief 06-02-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11529679)
For sure man. That's a major theme in the game. Several different types of monsters that you have to research.

Might be worth a buy then, Thanks for the info.

GloucesterChief 06-02-2015 05:45 PM

The Bloody Baron has to be one of the best video game stories told and it has no good ending.

eDave 06-05-2015 01:48 PM

Patched:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...c_patch_notes/

This now happens when you farm cows:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I__N6foEE1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gravedigger 06-06-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11530638)
The Bloody Baron has to be one of the best video game stories told and it has no good ending.

I went down the wrong path but my friend said he killed the demon in the tree and Anna and him go to another town to get help. I saw the other side because I freed the demon and I would say that what I got was the bad ending. I kept thinking "Well... that game just got dark!" But yeah Bloody Baron reminds me of King Robert from GoT, great flawed character.

Gonzo 06-06-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11535288)
Patched:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...c_patch_notes/

This now happens when you farm cows:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I__N6foEE1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO
Well they haven't patched the sea shell thing yet. That's a much better way to gain huge dough early.

Gonzo 06-06-2015 02:28 PM

I stand corrected. They did patch the shell thing. Shit
Shoulda done it a few hundred more times. Lol

GloucesterChief 06-07-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11536267)
I went down the wrong path but my friend said he killed the demon in the tree and Anna and him go to another town to get help. I saw the other side because I freed the demon and I would say that what I got was the bad ending. I kept thinking "Well... that game just got dark!" But yeah Bloody Baron reminds me of King Robert from GoT, great flawed character.

You can either choose to save the orphans or the town.

Quesadilla Joe 08-17-2015 11:43 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Witcher 3 (X1/PS4) $44.09 via Groupon with Promo Code: EXTRA (Free Shipping). <a href="http://t.co/QPUb1hHTgl">http://t.co/QPUb1hHTgl</a> <a href="http://t.co/bJcerSlmKE">pic.twitter.com/bJcerSlmKE</a></p>&mdash; Cheap Ass Gamer (@videogamedeals) <a href="https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/633332146917257216">August 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hometeam 08-17-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 11665610)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Witcher 3 (X1/PS4) $44.09 via Groupon with Promo Code: EXTRA (Free Shipping). <a href="http://t.co/QPUb1hHTgl">http://t.co/QPUb1hHTgl</a> <a href="http://t.co/bJcerSlmKE">pic.twitter.com/bJcerSlmKE</a></p>&mdash; Cheap Ass Gamer (@videogamedeals) <a href="https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/633332146917257216">August 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ah, only twice as much as I paid for the PC pre-order which came with all the DLC. Great 'deal'

LMAO

Mother****erJones 08-17-2015 06:17 PM

Will be getting back into this soon. Going to knock some Wolfenstein DLC and beat Evil Within and DLC first.

Quesadilla Joe 08-17-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11666395)
Ah, only twice as much as I paid for the PC pre-order which came with all the DLC. Great 'deal'

LMAO

Good for you. It's still $59.99 on Steam right now.

Mav 09-01-2015 07:04 PM

Bought this today. Played about an hour. Enjoying it.

Ragged Robin 09-01-2015 07:09 PM

Endings were disappointing and kind of lackluster but you can't discount the entire experience getting there just because of that. Gaming milestone in terms of overall quality and scope IMO.

Mav 09-02-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11699068)
Endings were disappointing and kind of lackluster but you can't discount the entire experience getting there just because of that. Gaming milestone in terms of overall quality and scope IMO.

It seems like you can really put a lot of time into this.

TimBone 09-02-2015 04:15 PM

I wanted to like this game, I really did. But I was just ****ing bored the whole time I was playing.

Gonzo 09-02-2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11700996)
I wanted to like this game, I really did. But I was just ****ing bored the whole time I was playing.

It can be a bit slow paced, this is true.

Personally, I nearly gave up after 3-4 hrs because it was kinda slow. However, after clearing the first part of the story and getting to skellege really helped with that.
I got an awesome ending on my first playthru. Loved it.

What's great now is that they allow NG+ so you don't lose your loot.
CD Projekt Red are some of the worlds best Devs. Right up there with From Software and Naughty Dog IMO.

hometeam 09-02-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

I'm right there with you.. I was super amped for this game.. I was.. But the lack of polish in the combat/movement system was so glaring, that the really kickass parts of the RPG/story/open world etc where overshadowed by tedious actual gameplay :(

Mother****erJones 09-02-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11701520)

Personally, I nearly gave up after 3-4 hrs because it was kinda slow. However, after clearing the first part of the story and getting to skellege really helped with that.

CD Projekt Red are some of the worlds best Devs. Right up there with From Software and Naughty Dog IMO.

Everyone game should have NG+.

Mav 09-03-2015 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11701520)

An NG+ explanation please?

Simply Red 09-03-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

One of the Feedbks/comments.>>

Bought yesterday, came with manual, cool booklet, soundtrack CD, dope ass map, stickers, and a thank you note. You don't even see that anymore in packaging, to top it off that shit had me playing 7 hours straight. This game is a ****ing MASTERPIECE !!!

Simply Red 09-03-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

you can spoon with the pretty box.

Gonzo 09-03-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11701915)
An NG+ explanation please?

New Game plus.

Ability to start a new game with all your shit from the previous.

Mav 09-03-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11702086)
New Game plus.

Ability to start a new game with all your shit from the previous.

Oh! That's awesome!

Simply Red 09-03-2015 08:46 AM

Any pics of what the witches look like in the game?

hometeam 09-03-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11702129)
Any pics of what the witches look like in the game?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/EpvkWPDxD8I/maxresdefault.jpg

Mav 09-04-2015 06:38 AM

It seems like the level up is painfully slow.

Simply Red 09-04-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11703372)

weird.

Mav 09-04-2015 04:53 PM

It's official. I'm so hooked on this game. Finally got through the first part.

Ragged Robin 09-04-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11700896)
It seems like you can really put a lot of time into this.

took me 87 hours to beat it and I didn't even clear the maps and mostly burned through all the dialogue.. I think I did almost all the quests though

Mav 09-04-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11706195)
took me 87 hours to beat it and I didn't even clear the maps and mostly burned through all the dialogue.. I think I did almost all the quests though

Yeah. I'm a completionist.

MMXcalibur 09-05-2015 10:08 PM

I got to
Spoiler!
, but just up and stopped playing after that. I have no idea why I do this, but when I get close to completing a game: I just stop.

aturnis 09-06-2015 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11708295)
I got to
Spoiler!
, but just up and stopped playing after that. I have no idea why I do this, but when I get close to completing a game: I just stop.

Same thing I do.

Never give up right away. Put in plenty of hours, probably to within 3 hrs of completion, then just drop it.

Mav 09-06-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11708506)
Same thing I do.

Never give up right away. Put in plenty of hours, probably to within 3 hrs of completion, then just drop it.

I'll probably take a break at some point but I'm intrigued right now. I made a lubberkin last night. That was cool.

jonzie04 09-12-2015 10:19 PM

Some video of me playing Witcher 3 on my Macbook pro setup... Who says you can't game on a Mac?!? Lol. I'm hooked on this game.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dtZ2e9ywm9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quesadilla Joe 11-26-2015 09:51 AM

24.99 on PS4/XB1 (49.99 on PC)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...bP6k0SoJ3yI.0g

Rasputin 11-26-2015 10:07 AM

I'd be playing this game but still hooked on Dying Light. The Witcher 3 looks fun it's next for me to tackle but I'm also going get Battlefront so it's getting difficult to decide what to play.

Gonzo 11-26-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 11907236)
I'd be playing this game but still hooked on Dying Light. The Witcher 3 looks fun it's next for me to tackle but I'm also going get Battlefront so it's getting difficult to decide what to play.

Wait for a sale on Battlefront or maybe rent it first. Some people love that it's just multiplayer COD style gameplay but a lot of people are pretty pissed.

Rasputin 11-26-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11907417)
Wait for a sale on Battlefront or maybe rent it first. Some people love that it's just multiplayer COD style gameplay but a lot of people are pretty pissed.

Wait what? Can you just play as a single player can it be both style? Can you be any character?

hometeam 11-26-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 11907467)
Wait what? Can you just play as a single player can it be both style? Can you be any character?

45 minute single player campaign LOL

Gonzo 11-26-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 11907467)

Oh, my man. Do some research before you buy. It's multiplayer only. No campaign in single player at all.