ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 'Under the Dome" coming to CBS summer '13 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267201)

ChiefsFanatic 06-24-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9164909)
The best ending of a King novel since the early days was in 11/22/63, which is funny because King says in the end notes that his son Joe Hill suggested the ending and he changed it to Hill's recommendation. Maybe Hill should do that for every King novel from here on out.

I think that 11/22/63 would make a great television series. Especially if it was on a cable network.

frankotank 06-24-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9772452)
I think that 11/22/63 would make a great television series. Especially if it was on a cable network.

agreed. it could be cool. but....
anyone remember the show where the coach from the Friday Night Lights series would get a newspaper every morning that was from the future. every episode he'd try to stop something bad from happening, something that was reported in the newspaper from the future. didn't last long....

EDIT - found it.
Early Edition

His name is Gary Hobson. He gets tomorrow's newspaper today. He doesn't know how. He doesn't know why. All he knows is when the early edition hits his doorstep, he has twenty-four hours to set things right.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115163/

ChiliConCarnage 06-24-2013 12:16 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. Network TV typically fails on these shows that require a real story or they get cancelled. The reviews seem positive. If it's successful they'll likely try to stretch it into way too many seasons though.

The book is long but I honestly think it could be a 2 season show easily.

frankotank 06-24-2013 12:21 PM

anyone think the book was good?
just curious. I've been pretty clear that I thought it was garbage.

Red Brooklyn 06-24-2013 12:26 PM

I liked the book.

mr. tegu 06-24-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9772543)
I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. Network TV typically fails on these shows that require a real story or they get cancelled. The reviews seem positive. If it's successful they'll likely try to stretch it into way too many seasons though.
The book is long but I honestly think it could be a 2 season show easily.

That is one reason I am hesitant to start watching it. I am afraid that it will never really have a conclusion, at least not in a timely manner.

I was really excited when Falling Skies first came out but that show just dragged on and on with much of most of the episodes not really having anything happen. I have that fear of this show even though when I first saw previews in the theaters I was pretty excited for it.

Frosty 06-24-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9772553)
anyone think the book was good?
just curious. I've been pretty clear that I thought it was garbage.

Probably mentioned it earlier but I'm with you on the book. It sucked and is the only SK book I haven't been able to finish (though Wizard and Glass may be the second).

Agree with you on the ending of The Mist, too.

frankotank 06-24-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9772560)
I liked the book.

you read it wrong.... :D

Red Brooklyn 06-24-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9772636)
you read it wrong.... :D

LMAO

Could be. It's a long-ass book.

It wasn't my favorite King novel by any stretch. But I was really drawn into the world. And I loved the characters (even the ones I hated). But King's always been good at that stuff.

keg in kc 06-24-2013 04:10 PM

I've said a number of times (in other threads) that I really like the book until the last 100 pages. Then it's just a disaster.

KcMizzou 06-24-2013 09:05 PM

I liked episode one a lot. So far so good.

chiefs1111 06-24-2013 09:13 PM

Haven't gotten around to reading the book yet. Liked the first episode tonight though.

Buck 06-24-2013 09:30 PM

Is the production value better than Jericho?

KC-TBB 06-25-2013 05:05 AM

King books always better than movie/miniseries...still nice to see something other than reruns...

Frazod 06-25-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9773050)
I've said a number of times (in other threads) that I really like the book until the last 100 pages. Then it's just a disaster.

Isn't that most of his books? Granted I quit reading his stuff years ago, but it seems like he creates these intricate, all-powerful villains and then at some point realizes he needs an ending and there is no logical way his hero can win. So he just slaps some stupid shit together and calls it a day.

Much like me playing chess, his endgame sucks.