ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Birthday Mizzou’s Corporate Card Was Used For $7,600 At A Vegas Strip Club (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265601)

Pitt Gorilla 10-24-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9045267)
How was the strip club initially paid?

With a credit card.

I would be fine with Mizzou firing the guy, given the nature of the card's use and the negative attention. But, he repaid the expense. Ergo, it was his money that was used.

tooge 10-24-2012 10:51 AM

$7600 wasn't for the tip. It was for the whole thing

Brock 10-24-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9045299)
With a credit card.

I would be fine with Mizzou firing the guy, given the nature of the card's use and the negative attention. But, he repaid the expense. Ergo, it was his money that was used.

With a credit card backed by the security of the taxpayers, donors, and alumni of Missouri.

It wasn't his money that was used UNTIL he paid it back. I'm not sure why you're defending this.

gblowfish 10-24-2012 10:52 AM

I hope this guy isn't married. Talk about spending eternity in the dog house!

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-24-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9045298)
So, that's a no vote on governmental transparency?

Jesus, people on here argue just to argue. No tangent left unturned.

Brock 10-24-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9045309)
Jesus, people on here argue just to argue. No tangent left unturned.

Where's the tangent? The people paying the bills deserve to know what the money is for.

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-24-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9045304)
With a credit card backed by the security of the taxpayers, donors, and alumni of Missouri.

It wasn't his money that was used UNTIL he paid it back. I'm not sure why you're defending this.

Do you really think it's that big a deal? It's certainly a fireable offense using that type of money for personal use - Paying it back or not, but he's not going unpunished. Don't make it out to be more than it is simply because it's MIZZOU and you're a KU fan. :p

Brock 10-24-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9045316)
Do you really think it's that big a deal? It's certainly a fireable offense using that type of money for personal use - Paying it back or not, but he's not going unpunished. Don't make it out to be more than it is simply because it's MIZZOU and you're a KU fan. :p

Personally, yeah, I think it's that big a deal. But then, I'm not the kind of guy who blows 7000 dollars in a strip club.

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-24-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9045325)
Personally, yeah, I think it's that big a deal. But then, I'm not the kind of guy who blows 7000 dollars in a strip club.

Well, if you worked at MIZZOU, you could be.

Deberg_1990 10-24-2012 11:15 AM

Why on earth would someone abuse a corporate CC at a strip club?

Idiot.

oh wait, his wife probably checks his personal CC bill.

Frosty 10-24-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9045374)
Why on earth would someone abuse a corporate CC at a strip club?

Idiot.

oh wait, his wife probably checks his personal CC bill.

Hopefully she doesn't read the paper either. :shake:

DaKCMan AP 10-24-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9045304)

Dies Mizzou's AA get tax dollars? I know UFAA is a self-funded separate entity from the university.

Fire Me Boy! 10-24-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9045272)
Actually, this was on the front page of the KC Star's sports section this AM, so the Star did report it as well.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/23...-put-7600.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9045284)
I read the article on the KC Star, before i saw it here.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/23...-put-7600.html

:thumb:

ghak99 10-24-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9045067)
Another charge, for nearly $3,000, was racked up by former basketball director of operations Jeff Daniels. He took the entire team out to dinner at the Vince Young Steakhouse in Austin, including coaches and support staff. Spending $100 a person at Vince Young's steakhouse is more of a crime against taste than dropping $7,600 at a strip club.

This might be a dumb question, but is this unusual? I guess I assumed something of this nature happens a couple times a year and is figured into the team's budget.

I was apart of a couple collegiate teams that traveled the Midwest and once or twice a season, usually after a good performance, the meals were picked up with what appeared to be the same University CC that picked up the hotel rooms and travel costs. They weren't $100 dollar meals, but the team's budget was no where near what I assume the Basketball team works with.

....Now that I think about it, I believe a portion of the team's budget was funded through private donations the University never seen so I don't know who actually paid for the occasional meal tabs at the end of the transaction.

notorious 10-24-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9045214)
Dude, I can't get out of a steakhouse in Los Angeles for under $100 without alcohol, regardless of where we go.

I took the wife to Wolfgang Puck's Cut steakhouse for her birthday a few years back and with drinks and tips, dropped $500.00.

Steaks are expensive outside of your area.

Austin has a LOT of cattle around it, and a lot of natually grown cattle at that.

I used to fly for a company (still do every once in a while) in NW Texas that sells beef to high-end restaraunts in NY, Chicago, Dallas, and I can tell you that Vince Young's place is marking up their steaks at least 300%, and the side prices are a crime.

But, I am a believer in the market, so if people are buying what he is selling at that price I say keep up the good work.

There is no way I would pay that price for a steak, but like you said I live in the middle of beef paradise.