ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pot Legal in Colorado and Washington for Recreational Use (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266302)

saphojunkie 08-12-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9878352)
I hope it doesn't put you on a list so the Feds can nab you when they decide they want to.

hahahhahahhahhahhahahhahahha

The "FEDS" couldn't care less about one dude buying an eighth of marijuana for use in his home. The idea that a federal agent would A) Scour the internet to find somebody who posts about legally obtaining a prescription for pot and B) using federal resources to track him down, so that he can C) Raid his house and bust him for possession of less than 1/8 ounce of marijuana is laughable at best.

They deal in kilos and pounds, dude.

aturnis 08-12-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9878834)
hahahhahahhahhahhahahhahahha

The "FEDS" couldn't care less about one dude buying an eighth of marijuana for use in his home. The idea that a federal agent would A) Scour the internet to find somebody who posts about legally obtaining a prescription for pot and B) using federal resources to track him down, so that he can C) Raid his house and bust him for possession of less than 1/8 ounce of marijuana is laughable at best.

They deal in kilos and pounds, dude.

No shit. There are entire online communities devoted to weed and HUGE numbers of these guys talk about how they grow their own, yet none of them disappear.

DaFace 08-12-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9878862)
No shit. There are entire online communities devoted to weed and UUGE numbers of these guys talk about how they grow their own, yet nine of them disappear.

And on that note...

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-wo...rug-sentencing

Quote:

San Francisco: AG Eric Holder announces drug-sentencing reform
By Josh Richman

jrichman@bayareanewsgroup.com

POSTED: 08/12/2013 11:14:33 AM PDT

SAN FRANCISCO -- Federal prosecutors will no longer seek mandatory minimum sentences for nonviolent drug offenders, part of a broad new effort to focus on violent crimes and national security while reducing the nation's gigantic prison population, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Monday.

Addressing the American Bar Association's annual meeting in a city and state that long have had some of the nation's most liberal drug enforcement policies, Holder described a sea change in federal law enforcement strategy that marks a significant turn away from the all-out "war on drugs" of the past 40 years.

Holder said charges against dealers who aren't tied to large criminal organizations won't detail how much drugs they were caught with. Without that information, judges can't impose the five- or 10-year mandatory minimum prison terms enacted by Congress in the 1980s.

"They now will be charged with offenses for which the accompanying sentences are better suited to their individual conduct, rather than excessive prison terms more appropriate for violent criminals or drug kingpins," Holder said. "By reserving the most severe penalties for serious, high-level, or violent drug traffickers, we can better promote public safety, deterrence, and rehabilitation, while making our expenditures smarter and more productive."

the Talking Can 08-12-2013 12:46 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm...0s10o1_500.gif

Dayze 08-12-2013 12:48 PM

bad deal. we all know smoking it makes you go out and rape people, and act crazy.
I know it's true - I saw a government safety film about it.

DaFace 08-29-2013 12:31 PM

Whoa.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...a-legalization

Quote:

Federal government won't block Colorado marijuana legalization
By John Ingold
The Denver Post

The federal government will not make it a priority to block marijuana legalization in Colorado or Washington or close down recreational marijuana stores, so long as the stores abide by state regulations, according to new guidance being issued Thursday to federal prosecutors across the country.

(more at the link)

Discuss Thrower 08-29-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9923287)

First step to decriminalization motha****aaa!

Blaze it pillowbiter!

tooge 08-29-2013 01:16 PM

It'll be totally legal in 5 years

Pitt Gorilla 08-29-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

big government dictators!:cuss:

vailpass 08-29-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Von Miller says high.

Dayze 08-29-2013 01:52 PM

sweet. haven't done it in probably 15 years, but it's still reeruned it's illegal.

Kiimo 08-29-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9923353)
It'll be totally legal in 5 years

In the meantime, don't drive I-70 with any. The western Kansas cops are having a field day right now.

DaFace 08-29-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9923464)
In the meantime, don't drive I-70 with any. The western Kansas cops are having a field day right now.

I'm sure. I have no idea if it went anywhere, but back a while ago I read that Colorado was planning to put signs at all the borders warning people that it's not legal to transport it across state lines.

lcarus 08-29-2013 02:05 PM

Oklahoma will be the absolute last ****ing state to get it decriminalized. Hell, they just passed a law recently that says you could get sentenced to life in prison for making hash. They claimed hash was the "crack of marijuana". LMAO. Stupid ass Oklahoma...

Fish 08-29-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9923464)

I travel I-70 pretty often. In the eastern part of the state, they often setup "Drug Checkpoints" on the highway. What they do is put up several signs saying "Drug checkpoint ahead, drug dogs in use". And they put it a half mile before a very secluded off ramp that isn't frequently traveled. And they park a patrol car beside the interstate with its lights flashing. Then they wait for drug mules to see the signs and get scared thinking they're going to have to stop up ahead, and take the off ramp to avoid it. They have several cop cars and such on the off ramp just out of sight, which they nab anyone who gets off the ramp claiming they were avoiding the drug checkpoint and then have suspicion to search their vehicle.