ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV True Blood (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192557)

luv 09-25-2008 07:03 PM

True Blood

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-KltAMpYWyw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-KltAMpYWyw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyone watching True Blood? Watched the first couple of episodes on HBO. I like it.

http://www.watch-true-blood.com/

http://truebloodstreaming.blogspot.com/

http://www.yidio.com/show/true-blood

Fish 09-25-2008 08:06 PM

There's nothing gay about redneck vampires....

luv 09-25-2008 08:53 PM

Sat here and watched three episodes. I like it.

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 08:59 PM

She's so hot.

Fishpicker 09-25-2008 11:38 PM

she was hot, back when she was 16. her teeth couldn't keep up with her cranium though.

Tribal Warfare 09-25-2008 11:42 PM

I missed the 1st episode, so how did the show reveal how the Vamps became a recognized social class in the world?

kcxiv 09-25-2008 11:43 PM

Shows alright. I havent seen episode 3 yet. I may watch it tonight as i try to sleep.

Hammock Parties 09-25-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 5054616)
she was hot, back when she was 16. her teeth couldn't keep up with her cranium though.

Don't care. Want to **** her.

Fish 09-26-2008 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5054631)
I missed the 1st episode, so how did the show reveal how the Vamps became a recognized social class in the world?

Totally went right by that and just acted like it was expected. Never explained it....

It made for a few uncomfortable moments the way they did it too. The normal people are ignorantly curious about these dangerous vampires, and don't seem all that scared that they could be easily killed by one.

Ultra Peanut 09-26-2008 01:16 AM

Lafayette is my favorite character.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sqv8UJc72SU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sqv8UJc72SU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

luv 09-26-2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 5054731)
Totally went right by that and just acted like it was expected. Never explained it....

It made for a few uncomfortable moments the way they did it too. The normal people are ignorantly curious about these dangerous vampires, and don't seem all that scared that they could be easily killed by one.

Ah. I missed the first part of the first episode. I thought I had just missed that part.

Baby Lee 09-26-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 5054616)

The teeth are a little off-putting, but overall, she's beyond attractive, it's like she's the essence of the feminine. Nothing's too hard or too soft, too big or too small, from her ankle to her neck, to her shoulder, to the 'sechsier' parts, not to mention the perfect feminine curl to her hair, all poetry.

Lighting and wardrobe are doing her proper as well.

kaplin42 09-26-2008 10:48 AM

Been watching it and I like it. Not hooked like I was with Heroes or Battle Star, but definately entertained.

What I do like is that its an hbo show. They have the budget to produce some quality, and a lot less restrictions as far as censors go.

I do like how most of the characters are tormented in one way or another. And they have made several homages to popular vampire lore. As in Buffy/Angle/Blade. I know the show is based off of some series of books that some lady wrote but ot sure who she is or what the series is. I am willing to bet that you might see a little bit of Anne Rice in there, and hoping to see a little Vampire: The Masquerade style used in there as well, which I thought I saw a hint of in the 3rd episode.

In any case, the show is entertaining, it has decent charaters, lots of eye candy and some good action so far. I am willing to give it a chance and see where it goes.

".....The beast we are, lest the beast we become."

Valiant 09-26-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 5054769)
Lafayette is my favorite character.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sqv8UJc72SU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sqv8UJc72SU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WTF are you looking for to find that???

Valiant 09-26-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5054631)

There are online videos for that.. If you have Icontrol, you can also watch them.. I believe there are 8 2min videos, showing you how Vampires came out and the start of the tru blood source..

Valiant 09-26-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 5055335)
Been watching it and I like it. Not hooked like I was with Heroes or Battle Star, but definately entertained.

What I do like is that its an hbo show. They have the budget to produce some quality, and a lot less restrictions as far as censors go.

I do like how most of the characters are tormented in one way or another. And they have made several homages to popular vampire lore. As in Buffy/Angle/Blade. I know the show is based off of some series of books that some lady wrote but ot sure who she is or what the series is. I am willing to bet that you might see a little bit of Anne Rice in there, and hoping to see a little Vampire: The Masquerade style used in there as well, which I thought I saw a hint of in the 3rd episode.

In any case, the show is entertaining, it has decent charaters, lots of eye candy and some good action so far. I am willing to give it a chance and see where it goes.

".....The beast we are, lest the beast we become."

Man this show needs some charisma.. Charisma Carpenter.. Man I love that women..

As for th eMasquuerade.. That would be cool, but honestly it would be tough unless they brought in more characters, which does not seem feasible during this season..

Tribal Warfare 09-26-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5056237)
There are online videos for that.. If you have Icontrol, you can also watch them.. I believe there are 8 2min videos, showing you how Vampires came out and the start of the tru blood source..

Okay what website do I visit to view these videos?

Valiant 09-26-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 5054731)

Valiant 09-26-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5056247)
Okay what website do I visit to view these videos?

Let me look.. I think it is trueblood though..

Valiant 09-26-2008 03:48 PM

bloodcopy.com

The videos are not chronological on there like they are on hbo's icontrol... But you can get all the extra info on the series from the viral videos..

Ultra Peanut 09-26-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5056231)

YTMND was the first place I heard Soccer Practice.

There is nothing wrong with helping a buddy out.

Baby Lee 09-26-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5056231)

http://gettingpumped.ytmnd.com/

Baby Lee 09-26-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 5056389)
YTMND was the first place I heard Soccer Practice.

There is nothing wrong with helping a buddy out.

The maddening part is how that guy resembles Jason Dohring, you get to mess around with Veronica Mars OR you get to mess around with boys.

NOT BOTH!!!

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/arti...1103741211.jpg

kaplin42 09-26-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5056241)
Man this show needs some charisma.. Charisma Carpenter.. Man I love that women..

As for th eMasquuerade.. That would be cool, but honestly it would be tough unless they brought in more characters, which does not seem feasible during this season..

I don't fully expect to see the whole WoD running around or anything like that. But there was a sense of hierarchy in the 3rd episode. And you can see some clan similarities between the 4 vampires that we know right now.

If anything, I expect it to be very subtle if they throw out anything that resembles VTM, so much so that it could just be my wishful thinking making the comparisons all on my on.

NewChief 09-27-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 5055335)
I am willing to bet that you might see a little bit of Anne Rice in there, and hoping to see a little Vampire: The Masquerade style used in there as well, which I thought I saw a hint of in the 3rd episode.

There was a show in like 95/96 that was basically V:tM on the small screen. It didn't run many episodes, but I remember watching 3 or 4. I remember there being gangrels and nosferaturu as well as some of the other clans. I can't remember the name of the show, though. I was dissapointed when they canceled it, though.

Fairplay 09-27-2008 02:38 PM

Maybe i shouldn't share if this on here its kinda personnel but i don't care.

I tried to get into slurping blood to be like a vampire sorta i guess. Thought it might be a turn on. I tried to get into it, i just can't.

So i told my girlfriend no more eating her pu**y when shes on the rag, no more.

keg in kc 09-27-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 5058790)
There was a show in like 95/96 that was basically V:tM on the small screen. It didn't run many episodes, but I remember watching 3 or 4. I remember there being gangrels and nosferaturu as well as some of the other clans. I can't remember the name of the show, though. I was dissapointed when they canceled it, though.

Kindred: The Embraced.

Only reason I know that is that it scifi had it as one of their daytime marathons a week or two ago. It kept me watching for about 32 seconds.

Tribal Warfare 09-27-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5058889)

Only reason I know that is that it scifi had it as one of their daytime marathons a week or two ago. It kept me watching for about 32 seconds.

It was on Fox for about three episodes in the mid to late 90's

Ultra Peanut 09-27-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5058889)

Yeah, I saw a couple of episodes of that on Chiller a few months ago.

Valiant 09-28-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Kindred, loved that tv show..

Bowser 09-29-2008 06:50 AM

I haven't watched the third episode yet, but I was pissed when Dawn got killed off. She's teh hawt.

kaplin42 09-29-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Kindred the Embraced. It was taken directly from V:TM. And as already said, it was shite. If you get the Chiller channel they run it every night around 11:00 or 12:00.

I don't expect to see anything like that in True Blood. For starters, TB is actually interesting. But, if you saw last nights episode, you could easily put Eric and Pam in the Toreador clan.

Mr. Laz 09-29-2008 10:47 AM

i watch it .... mostly hoping to see Anna Paquin nekkid.

tbh i liked her better when wasn't so skinny, but she's still hot.

Bowser 09-29-2008 02:52 PM

Just watched the latest episode. Jason in the hospital = LMAO

luv 09-29-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5067215)
Just watched the latest episode. Jason in the hospital = LMAO

I was so distraught by starting Palmer over Favre, that I completely forgot it was on last night. I'll have to look for when it's playing again this week.

Bowser 09-30-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5067366)
I was so distraught by starting Palmer over Favre, that I completely forgot it was on last night. I'll have to look for when it's playing again this week.

Oh shit. LMAO

Mr. Laz 10-01-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5067366)

HBO on demand would just be easier

luv 10-01-2008 07:26 PM

I caught the fourth episode last night.

"It looks like an eggplant."

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Baby Lee 10-05-2008 07:15 PM

Paul Pena throat singing shout out!!!

Unsolicited Ghengis Blues recommend.

luv 10-05-2008 07:57 PM

Well, now we know how Bill became a vampire. I'll have to catch the first half of the show sometime this week.

luv 10-06-2008 07:44 AM

Also, Bill seemed interested in the sheriff's last name. Wonder why. hmmmm....

Bowser 10-06-2008 08:45 AM

That was a pretty decent episode. Certainly didn't see that ending coming. WTF with Sam?

LMAO @ LaFayette. He is one of the better characters on there.

luv 10-06-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5087310)
That was a pretty decent episode. Certainly didn't see that ending coming. WTF with Sam?

LMAO @ LaFayette. He is one of the better characters on there.

I love how he took care of the complaint. I think Sam is a little "disturbed". I thought he might've been behind the first two murders, but he couldn't have killed Sookie's (sp?) grandma. He was with her.

Bowser 10-06-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5087414)
I love how he took care of the complaint. I think Sam is a little "disturbed". I thought he might've been behind the first two murders, but he couldn't have killed Sookie's (sp?) grandma. He was with her.

I thought Sookie left Sam after their date telling him she'd get a cab, leaving him good and pissed. Honestly, I thought Grams was going to turn out to be the vampire leader, able to daywalk. Oh well.

And what the hell is with that dog?

luv 10-06-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5087609)
I thought Sookie left Sam after their date telling him she'd get a cab, leaving him good and pissed. Honestly, I thought Grams was going to turn out to be the vampire leader, able to daywalk. Oh well.

And what the hell is with that dog?

She went back inside to call the cab. Surely he wouldn't have had time to kill her before the cab came to get Sookie and got her home.

keg in kc 10-06-2008 06:32 PM

Show's really kicking into gear. It's gotten better every week.

TopJet2 10-06-2008 07:33 PM

Is Sam a werewolf?

Valiant 10-06-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopJet2 (Post 5089564)
Is Sam a werewolf?

That is what we are talking about at work.. I was thinking a really old vampire.. But he did bark in his sleep..

luv 10-06-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5089668)
That is what we are talking about at work.. I was thinking a really old vampire.. But he did bark in his sleep..

And he was sniffing Dawn's sheets. And Bill said a vampire would drain a frsh corpse. And it might explain the dog.....

keg in kc 10-06-2008 09:40 PM

I think they'll keep the murderer human, to drive home the point that you don't have to be a vampire (or a werewolf) to be a monster.

There is something with the dog, though, that they haven't really explained yet.

Chazno 10-07-2008 06:52 AM

My wife posed this question to me. Does anybody know why IMDB has Anna Paquin's episodes listed at 12 and Stephen Moyer (Bill) only has 5 listed? Does he just not appear in the other episodes or is he off the show soon?

Valiant 10-07-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazno (Post 5090579)
My wife posed this question to me. Does anybody know why IMDB has Anna Paquin's episodes listed at 12 and Stephen Moyer (Bill) only has 5 listed? Does he just not appear in the other episodes or is he off the show soon?

Either it is wrong, or he dies..

Bowser 10-07-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopJet2 (Post 5089564)
Is Sam a werewolf?

Weremutt, by the looks of that dog.

luv 10-08-2008 09:32 PM

The more episodes I watch, the more I like the redheaded waitress and her hubby.

luv 10-12-2008 07:53 PM

This show just keeps getting better and better.

luv 10-12-2008 07:55 PM

And next week looks even better.

Bowser 10-12-2008 08:19 PM

Shit, forgot to watch. DVIR is the best.

kaplin42 10-12-2008 10:31 PM

There's no still pics of Anna Paquinn's boobs yet, you guys are losing your touch.

The show was really good tonight.

luv 10-13-2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 5110317)
There's no still pics of Anna Paquinn's boobs yet, you guys are losing your touch.

The show was really good tonight.

Probably because there's not much to see.

keg in kc 10-13-2008 08:04 AM

You'd need a magnifying glass, as far away as she was. Probably had pasties on.

luv 10-19-2008 08:18 PM

Completely spaced. I'll have to catch it this week sometime. No divo or tivo or whatever you call it here.

keg in kc 10-20-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5110847)
You'd need a magnifying glass, as far away as she was. Probably had pasties on.

But not this week!

Good ep, I'm really liking the show.

Bowser 10-20-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5134804)
But not this week!

Good ep, I'm really liking the show.

Ah, yes! Time to fire up the DVIR. *sprints down to big screen*

Bowser 10-20-2008 02:27 PM

So the DVIR decided not to record. fucking Time Warner.

underEJ 10-20-2008 02:53 PM

I didn't expect to, but I love this show. I kind of thought I was all vampired out, but this is so fun and original, and it surprises me every week. I love the whole cast.

Like others, thought Gran was somehow involved until she died, and don't think Sam is a werewolf anymore, though I did, but he's definitely got a surprise coming for us. I keep trying to get the hints from his answers to questions about where he comes from or what his people were like. He's vague, but there is something there.

Can't wait for each week. How are the ratings? It's bound to have a chance to stay around since it's not as expensive as recent HBO shows that haven't lasted.

unlurking 10-21-2008 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 5135804)
I didn't expect to, but I love this show. I kind of thought I was all vampired out, but this is so fun and original, and it surprises me every week. I love the whole cast.

Like others, thought Gran was somehow involved until she died, and don't think Sam is a werewolf anymore, though I did, but he's definitely got a surprise coming for us. I keep trying to get the hints from his answers to questions about where he comes from or what his people were like. He's vague, but there is something there.

Can't wait for each week. How are the ratings? It's bound to have a chance to stay around since it's not as expensive as recent HBO shows that haven't lasted.

I don't know, I think the running naked through the woods hinted back at the werewolf thing.

keg in kc 10-21-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 5135804)

HBO ordered a second season after either the premeire or the second episode; it's not going anywhere.

luv 10-21-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 5137476)
I don't know, I think the running naked through the woods hinted back at the werewolf thing.

Okay, I definitely need to catch this episode.

keg in kc 10-21-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5137935)
Okay, I definitely need to catch this episode.

You'll need binoculars to see anything.

luv 10-22-2008 10:40 PM

Tara is one buff chick.

Bowser 10-25-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5143143)
Tara is one buff chick.

And fucked in the head. I want to see how her mom turns out the next few episodes, and how that has an influence on her.

Sam is either a werewolf, or insane. I can believe either right now. I don't like that they turned Jason into a junkie. He was too entertaining as a dumbass. Now, he's just kind of pathetic, although the hippie chick he nailed was pretty hot (is she a vampire? She said she had had that bottle of V "forever"). And I hope they incorporate the dude from Generation Kill into the storyline more.

Baby Lee 10-25-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5150412)
And fucked in the head. I want to see how her mom turns out the next few episodes, and how that has an influence on her.

Sam is either a werewolf, or insane. I can believe either right now. I don't like that they turned Jason into a junkie. He was too entertaining as a dumbass. Now, he's just kind of pathetic, although the hippie chick he nailed was pretty hot (is she a vampire? She said she had had that bottle of V "forever"). And I hope they incorporate the dude from Generation Kill into the storyline more.

Remember her from The Class?

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/t...1021060628.jpg

Bowser 10-25-2008 03:27 PM

Wow, impressive recall. I hardly remember that show, much less who acted in it.

I can say with a great deal of confidence that I like her better in THIS show, since I got to see her boobahs (I'm a big fan of the boobah).

Baby Lee 10-25-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5150719)
Wow, impressive recall. I hardly remember that show, much less who acted in it.

I can say with a great deal of confidence that I like her better in THIS show, since I got to see her boobahs (I'm a big fan of the boobah).

She, . . . stood out.

luv 10-26-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5150412)

Yeah, I don't like Jason as a junkie either. He's someone I want to like (the dude's HOT), but I find myself just thinking of him as a jerkoff. His addiction has to add to the plot, though.

luv 10-26-2008 07:56 PM

I don't like Jason's new girlfriend.

Baby Lee 10-26-2008 07:58 PM

OMFG, the voice finally got through to me, Terry Bellefeur [the Afgan vet who saw Sam runnin' nekkid'] is none other than, Todd Lowe, Lane's Zach from Gimore Girls.

Baby Lee 10-27-2008 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5156160)
I don't like Jason's new girlfriend.

You shut up, shut up shuddupshuddupSHUDDUP!!!!!!

:cuss::cuss:

Baby Lee 10-27-2008 05:17 AM

BTW - even if I could have predicted Jimmy James as a nerd vamp getting freaky with Lafayette, I'd never have predicted Jimmy James as a nerd vamp getting freaky with Lafayette with Cindy Lauper playing in the background.

luv 10-27-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5156866)
You shut up, shut up shuddupshuddupSHUDDUP!!!!!!

:cuss::cuss:

I'm sorry, but being hot doesn't make up for being a psycho hippie V addict.