ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV True Blood (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192557)

PhillyChiefFan 08-28-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10853707)
The main issue with this show has been it's consistency from day one. Every season they have one or two plots that either change for no reason in the middle of the season...or they just give up and never go back to.

That and they waited FOR EVER to kill Tara.....and then ****ing brought her back as a vampire. And then they killed Tara.....and then ****ing brought her back as ghost. ****ing stupid.

I couldn't stand Tara from Season 1. And the Tara storyline from the last season has to be the lamest storyline I've ever seen.

Crazy Mom: Tara is reaching out to me from the other side, I need vampire blood!

Tara: Hey Ma, just brought you here to tell you I forgive you. And to be happy!

Crazy Mom: Ok hun, thanks! Bye!

Gravedigger 08-28-2014 08:16 AM

Tara was terribly done, she should've died instead of Pam bringing her back in the first place.

Bringing back Hoyt was stupid. I don't care how hot Jessica is, you can't expect the audience to feel any sort of connection with a wedding that felt like a Vegas Drive Thru.

Spoiler!

The writers actually get paid for throwing this shit at the wall, it was worse then when the writers of America went on strike and every show was worse for a period of time.

Baby Lee 08-28-2014 08:17 AM

I'd come to expect little of the show in the later years, and mostly sleepwatched it for the last couple, just perking up for bewbies or Northman badassery.

But the finale, though it went in irritating directions telegraphed eons ago, and had a shit ton of logical inconsistencies [Bill is near death, but digs his own grave back up with a plain ol' spade. if he's ok with being staked to death, why not just lie there and wait for morning], it was overall surprisingly moving and touching.

And of course they had to do the vampires=gay and evangelicals get eternal punishment one last time heading out the door, but hey that's Alan Ball if that's blindsiding you at this point, wow.

But **** Zep over closing scene. Maybe they paid for it, but the show didn't earn it. P-Diddy earned Kashmir more than TB earned TY.

MTG#10 08-28-2014 09:28 AM

It was pretty ridiculous how Lafayette didn't have a single line in that last episode. One of the most popular characters since the beginning and all he got during the final episode was a quick shot of him smiling at the dinner table at the very end.

The Franchise 08-28-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10855750)
Tara was terribly done, she should've died instead of Pam bringing her back in the first place.

Bringing back Hoyt was stupid. I don't care how hot Jessica is, you can't expect the audience to feel any sort of connection with a wedding that felt like a Vegas Drive Thru.

Spoiler!

The writers actually get paid for throwing this shit at the wall, it was worse then when the writers of America went on strike and every show was worse for a period of time.

I actually thought they might go with the whole "Bill turning human" plot twist but they apparently decided to go with the other bullshit instead.

BigRedChief 08-28-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10855754)
I'd come to expect little of the show in the later years, and mostly sleepwatched it for the last couple, just perking up for bewbies or Northman badassery.

bewbies and Northman badassery would be a show I'd check out.:thumb:

Radar Chief 08-28-2014 10:07 AM

Show didn't end with one last shot of Sookie nekid = fail.
Paquin, and some of the other girls waiting tables at Merlotte's, walking around in short shorts with tight t-shirts are the whole reason I started watching the show.

KChiefs1 08-29-2014 11:11 PM

Disappointed in the lack of nudity.

MTG#10 08-30-2014 10:18 AM

Very last scene at the dinner table, can someone tell me who the older redhead lady was that was sitting by Tara's annoying mom and the fat guy that was her date? I cant remember ever seeing either one of these people in any episode.

Baby Lee 08-30-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10862417)
Very last scene at the dinner table, can someone tell me who the older redhead lady was that was sitting by Tara's annoying mom and the fat guy that was her date? I cant remember ever seeing either one of these people in any episode.

Merlotte's regulars. Probably missed them because they were chowing down or getting drunk in the background.

Bowser 08-30-2014 01:43 PM

I think the last five or so episodes are on the DVR. Don't even think I'm going to watch them.

frankotank 09-08-2014 08:56 AM

I really wanted to see Tara's goods.

Total series fail.