ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Americans on FX (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268173)

BigRedChief 01-31-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9367741)
I watched it last night, not bad. It felt like watching a bit of the opposite side of the Clancy book I'm reading right now.

Are you reading Clancy's latest book? I thought it has way too much partisan preaching in the book. Turned me off.

BigRedChief 01-31-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9367858)
Finishing it up right now. Really like the pilot.

It was okay. Would be better on HBO/Showtime so they can show boobage and the dark side of spying in all its glory.

I did like the end. Thats what they can do well on TV. Show the cat and mouse part of spying.

Buehler445 02-01-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 9368871)
At work, I have it DVR'd at home.. Is it any good?

Watch it. It's worth your time. You may not like it, but it's good enough you should watch it to see for yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9369091)
It was okay. Would be better on HBO/Showtime so they can show boobage and the dark side of spying in all its glory.

I did like the end. Thats what they can do well on TV. Show the cat and mouse part of spying.

They showed a lot more than I thought they would.

Spoiler!

That being said, I really liked it. In fact, it was quite a bit better than I expected. It kept me hooked through the whole thing and the twists they used aren't sustainable over the long term, but I expect the tone to be set and other plot devices will keep the interest in the story.

I thought it was pretty well done for what it was, and overall I'm really impressed.

And good **** Keri Russell is still smokin ass hot.

kcxiv 02-01-2013 01:00 AM

lol, USA/FX/TNT/TBS/AMC can almost do what HBO and Showtime do now days. you wont see any bush or nips.Everything else is fair game. They can say any word but the F word now.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-01-2013 12:32 PM

It was pretty solid. The Mrs. Karate Kid shit was a bit much though.

Buehler445 02-01-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9370278)
It was pretty solid. The Mrs. Karate Kid shit was a bit much though.

Spoiler!

In spite of all that, I really liked it and I'm really excited.

BigRedChief 02-01-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9370297)
Spoiler!

In spite of all that, I really liked it and I'm really excited.

why the spoiler? If its been broadcast, its fair game to post.

Buehler445 02-01-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9371465)
why the spoiler? If its been broadcast, its fair game to post.

Meh. I waited a day to watch it. I figured if anybody was waiting to watch it they'd appreciate it.

Baby Lee 02-04-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9369370)
Watch it. It's worth your time. You may not like it, but it's good enough you should watch it to see for yourself.

They showed a lot more than I thought they would.

Spoiler!

That being said, I really liked it. In fact, it was quite a bit better than I expected. It kept me hooked through the whole thing and the twists they used aren't sustainable over the long term, but I expect the tone to be set and other plot devices will keep the interest in the story.

I thought it was pretty well done for what it was, and overall I'm really impressed.

And good **** Keri Russell is still smokin ass hot.

Remember me Captain?

[slam]

All my life I knew I wanted to be a gangster.

. . . I knew I'd go from rags to riches . . .

Immistakable mirrors.

ChiliConCarnage 02-04-2013 05:55 PM

finally watched it off DVR and I thought it was pretty good. The agent who moves in across the street has a really memorable face but I can't think of his name. He and Phillip were really good though I thought.

It kind of feels like it should be a mini-series. We'll see if they can keep it fresh

Buehler445 02-04-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9378412)
finally watched it off DVR and I thought it was pretty good. The agent who moves in across the street has a really memorable face but I can't think of his name. He and Phillip were really good though I thought.

It kind of feels like it should be a mini-series. We'll see if they can keep it fresh

Noah Emmerich

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001187/

The most recent thing I've seen him in is White Collar.

Tribal Warfare 02-04-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9369091)

The only thing that gets me is , when Keri Russell didn't speak Russian at the safe house with her handler.

DJ's left nut 02-04-2013 07:32 PM

I thought it was really good.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle that Sopranos dilemma of having to root for a very obvious bad guy. I mean let's face it, these are as bad a guys as it got in the 80s.

Tribal Warfare 02-04-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9378685)
I thought it was really good.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle that Sopranos dilemma of having to root for a very obvious bad guy. I mean let's face it, these are as bad a guys as it got in the 80s.

They've already given the dilemma which is for country or defect for family.

DJ's left nut 02-04-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9378703)
They've already given the dilemma which is for country or defect for family.

With how they've portrayed Russell's character, I'd be sorely disappointed if they ever had her turn.

The father could be a character the engender sympathy, but Kerri just shoved her finger in a man's ass for the motherland - something tells me that this is not the kind of person that defects shortly thereafter.