ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games **** The Official XBox One Discussion Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279053)

Gravedigger 02-15-2014 09:24 PM

I'd almost say the mechs are underpowered. I killed more real players hopping around rooftops than I did in my Titan. Once you get into your Titan everyone wants to kill you it's like putting a huge bullseye on your back. I don't know the Beta is very limited, I'll be interested to hear everything that comes with the final game. The thing I don't like so far is the Epilogue, that drop ship gets smoked way too easily.

kcxiv 02-16-2014 08:26 AM

Hell, even on Neogaf 9 out of 10 people love the game. I dont play FPS shooters though. Gaf is probably the best spot for hardcore gamers too. If the overwhelming Majority like it, game has to be pretty good.

43-8 GO SEAHAWKS!!! 02-16-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10435950)
Hell, even on Neogaf 9 out of 10 people love the game. I dont play FPS shooters though. Gaf is probably the best spot for hardcore gamers too. If the overwhelming Majority like it, game has to be pretty good.

I can't post links but there is a thread on Gaf called, 'Titanfall Beta Players: Is "Revolutionary" and "Game Changer" accurate?', and while a lot of people are saying they had fun, a good number are also saying it was only fun for awhile and it gets boring pretty quick. It has been called 'Cod with mechs' quite a few times in that thread too.

Jerm 02-16-2014 11:59 AM

That's Gaf for you...the most cynical and hard to please gaming community around.

Pants 02-16-2014 12:18 PM

I don't even understand what people use the term "COD" to describe. Does "COD" simply stand for "FPS" nowadays?

43-8 GO SEAHAWKS!!! 02-16-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10436183)
I don't even understand what people use the term "COD" to describe. Does "COD" simply stand for "FPS" nowadays?

If a game has low health, regenerating health, no recoil, little to no spread, perks and killstreaks of any kind it falls into the COD category.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-16-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10434607)
TitanFall = God Tier

Sooooo much fun....

Agree just started playing on beta.

Third Eye 02-16-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Crack Corn (Post 10436202)
If a game has low health, regenerating health, no recoil, little to no spread, perks and killstreaks of any kind it falls into the COD category.

Basically every FPS of the last 6 years has at least some of those traits.

43-8 GO SEAHAWKS!!! 02-16-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10436308)
Basically every FPS of the last 6 years has at least some of those traits.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. The most fun FPS I've played in the past couple years was Crysis 3 and it had almost all of those things. What made that game so fun for me was good players stood out in that game because you had more health and the speed/jumping/cloaking abilities your character had allowed you to get in and out of any situation. The killstreaks didn't dominate that game either the way they do in COD. I'd still be playing that game right now if the devs didn't ruin their game with the last patch they released.

I had high hopes for Titanfall. If they would have designed that game around infantry combat instead of those stupid mechs I would have gotten it day one. But they didn't, and to make things worse they threw in bots because the Xbox 1 couldn't handle anything higher than 6v6 without destroying the framerate.

Pants 02-16-2014 04:50 PM

So why is KnowMo using a mult? Was there a ban I missed?

Pablo 02-16-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10436529)

KnowMo was banned when Denver won the AFCC by Flop I believe.

-King- 02-16-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10436529)

Whoa....I just realized that that's probably him. LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Valiant 02-16-2014 05:57 PM

Well it says it is open beta for everyone now on the xbone, but all I can do is pin or unpin that shit.

edit. nevermind there is now a new button next to it to install. ****er wasnt there earlier.

Gravedigger 02-16-2014 07:30 PM

I think people take a BETA too seriously. You have three pilots, three mechs, two grenades, two maps, wait for the final game before you bitch it up.

Jerm 02-16-2014 07:37 PM

Riding a fellow teammate's Titan and then jetpacking off onto an opposing Titan and giving it the old rodeo to destroy it....ahhhh so awesome...again things like that are why this game is insane and such a blast to play.

TitanFall has saved the stale FPS genre for me personally....