ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

R8RFAN 02-13-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9400814)
We've got the only pick we need.

Take Geno #1 overall and the rest is filler.

You troll because you know it's true.

And it scares you.

Who fears Geno? ROFL

Seriously? I fear not being able to get thru that O line more than I will ever fear Geno...

He is an ok college player but will be average in the NFL and nothing more

htismaqe 02-13-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9400861)
Who fears Geno? ROFL

Seriously? I fear not being able to get thru that O line more than I will ever fear Geno...

You can't hide it. Everybody can see through you.

NJChiefsFan 02-13-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Who fears Geno? ROFL

Lets just find out. You guys can have Palmer and Pryor. SD can do whatever the hell they want with Rivers. In a year or two Manning is going to die. The AFCW will be way up for grabs. I will take my chances with Geno out of those options.

NJChiefsFan 02-13-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9400811)
I know we need more picks, if we had them all we could use more but you need them bad too...

So you know you need picks yet your were cool with giving up a 1st and 2nd for an average to decent QB that will be dead by the time you guys are good enough? Makes sense.

I am not risking the QB the FO wants just to get another pick. They need to just take who they want. You pretending they shouldn't is a contradiction to your defense of the Palmer trade.

RealSNR 02-13-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9400811)
I know we need more picks, if we had them all we could use more but you need them bad too...

It's probably a good thing you're not using them.

You had your fun with wasting shit on Terrell Pryor and Carson Palmer. Now it's time to sit back and reap the rewards of that investment!

HotCarl 02-13-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Who fears Geno? ROFL

You'll be singing a different tune when your team drafts him. Prototypical Raiders pick, I think.

Priest31kc 02-13-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Who fears Geno? ROFL

Why do you say that? Why will he only be an average NFL QB?

Brock 02-13-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9401237)
Why do you say that? Why will he only be an average NFL QB?

Dude thinks Carson Palmer is good.

KC_Lee 02-13-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Who fears Geno? ROFL

:troll:

milkman 02-13-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Who fears Geno? ROFL

If the Chiefs draft Geno, you guys will be calling him Bubba for the next 15 years.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-14-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Who fears Geno? ROFL

You know damn well the Chiefs own this bitch division if they hit on Geno. It's true, ohhhh it's damn true.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-14-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9401178)
You'll be singing a different tune when your team drafts him. Prototypical Raiders pick, I think.

Welcher

Lex Luthor 02-14-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9400638)
The problem is that most of these "fans" are stuck in the Martyball era. They relish the chance to relive the 90's with a retread quarterback and early playoff losses

Hey, I loved Marty.

But I want the Chiefs to draft Geno.

Marco Polo 02-14-2013 09:15 AM

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Live Wednesday that the trade market for Alex Smith is "limited," and there is "not a large buzz" about Smith among quarterback-needy teams.

Specifically, Smith going to the Browns is a "long shot," per Mortensen. The Jets can't afford his contract, the Cardinals are the 49ers' division opponent, and the Chiefs might explore Nick Foles or Geno Smith first. Anyone who's kept tabs on Smith the past two years won't be surprised. Smith was available in 2012 free agency, and only the 49ers and Dolphins showed much interest in him -- both after missing out on other quarterbacks. Smith's physical skill set is just borderline starting-caliber, and he was benched this past season. The 49ers won't get more than a mid- to late-round pick on the trade market.

oldandslow 02-14-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9402166)
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Live Wednesday that the trade market for Alex Smith is "limited," and there is "not a large buzz" about Smith among quarterback-needy teams.

Specifically, Smith going to the Browns is a "long shot," per Mortensen. The Jets can't afford his contract, the Cardinals are the 49ers' division opponent, and the Chiefs might explore Nick Foles or Geno Smith first. Anyone who's kept tabs on Smith the past two years won't be surprised. Smith was available in 2012 free agency, and only the 49ers and Dolphins showed much interest in him -- both after missing out on other quarterbacks. Smith's physical skill set is just borderline starting-caliber, and he was benched this past season. The 49ers won't get more than a mid- to late-round pick on the trade market.

I would trade a 5th for Smith and draft Geno...Gotta have a back-up and we got plenty of cap space.