ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who were the clowns that claimed RGIII isn't that good? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265148)

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2012 10:20 PM

Who were the clowns that claimed RGIII isn't that good?

Seriously, I know there were a handful or so geniuses on here that didn't care for Robert's game.

I might trade our entire draft for the guy.

BigMeatballDave 10-14-2012 10:23 PM

I did, early last season.

Just going on game highlights.

I figured he was a running QB.

Then I was able to watch a few games.

jspchief 10-14-2012 10:23 PM

I think I questioned his size. That's it that I recall.

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9014988)
I did, early last season.

Just going on game highlights.

I figured he was a running QB.

Then I was able to watch a few games.

I'm not talking about last season. That would be a fair criticism. I'm talking about this current NFL season. There were literally people on here claiming that he isn't as good as he is, or something like that.

Bump 10-14-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9014994)
I'm not talking about last season. That would be a fair criticism. I'm talking about this current NFL season. There were literally people on here claiming that he isn't as good as he is, or something like that.

those people are idiots and anything they say is irrelevant.

honestly, I think that race has a lot to do with it.

Fritz88 10-14-2012 10:28 PM

I did.

I suck.
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan 10-14-2012 10:29 PM

The guy has skills, all that is a concern is his durability

jspchief 10-14-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9014998)
honestly, I think that race has a lot to do with it.

So do I

mcaj22 10-14-2012 10:35 PM

Russel Wilson is no slouch either, dude has some potential as well and is even smaller

chiefzilla1501 10-14-2012 10:35 PM

Loved the guy. Would have traded what Washington traded in a heartbeat. Don't think I would have traded what it would have taken to outbid Washington.

jspchief 10-14-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Oh, yeah not me for sure. He's helped my fantasy team to 5-1.

chiefzilla1501 10-14-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9015022)
Russel Wilson is no slouch either, dude has some potential as well and is even smaller

I can't believe this team didn't even sniff at Osweiler, Wilson, hell even Kirk Cousins. It's amazing the lengths our GM went to protect a shitty QB.

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9015003)
The guy has skills, all that is a concern is his durability

Durability? He had his brain blown up and played the following week.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 10:40 PM

Not bad.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/15...hamgriffin.gif

Skins are averaging 29.6 PPG

mcaj22 10-14-2012 10:41 PM

that 76 yard run he had today where he just beat the entire Vikings defense in a footrace was hilarious

edit: lol clay posts the gif as i posted this

Simply Red 10-14-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9015044)

Pitt Gorilla, just cool it with the anti-semitic remarks ok

Imon Yourside 10-14-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9014981)
Seriously, I know there were a handful or so geniuses on here that didn't care for Robert's game.

Out of curiosity where did you stand last year on him? I was kind of indifferent and would have happily taken him but really wanted Luck. I still think Luck will be the better QB when all is said and done, but would love to have RG III. Let's be realistic though, there was no chance Pioli was taking either of them.

listopencil 10-14-2012 10:47 PM

RG3 is insanely good. It's like watching CGI when he plays. It's hard to believe that a man can be that quick, both mentally and physically. He is Video Game Michael Vick in real life.

notorious 10-14-2012 10:48 PM

I liked RG when he played against KSU 2 years ago.

I wanted to have his baby after the TCU game last year.

Imon Yourside 10-14-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9015070)
RG3 is insanely good. It's like watching CGI when he plays. It's hard to believe that a man can be that quick, both mentally and physically. He is Video Game Michael Vick in real life.

Miss Shanarat yet?

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9015060)
Out of curiosity where did you stand last year on him? I was kind of indifferent and would have happily taken him but really wanted Luck. I still think Luck will be the better QB when all is said and done, but would love to have RG III. Let's be realistic though, there was no chance Pioli was taking either of them.

I wanted to lose to draft him. I was unhappy when we beat Green Bay. I don't think I appreciated him prior to last season, but he was easily at the top of my board last season.

I did NOT want Tannehill, which may be a mistake in retrospect.

Bump 10-14-2012 10:51 PM

that bowl game he played in last year was EPIC. The look on his face on that game winning drive was pure WIN. The man has it and will re-write the QB position. RG3 will make guys like Geno Smith richer than they ever could have been.

WV 10-14-2012 10:51 PM

I liked Luck better, but loved RGIII. Now lets get some Geno!

L.A. Chieffan 10-14-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

That'll happen every time he gets hammered right? I saw him get knocked the **** out by a shitty college safety last year. The way he plays sooner than later he'll be carted off.

notorious 10-14-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9015083)

I did NOT want Tannehill, which may be a mistake in retrospect.

I think you will be proven correct in time.

In a related story, who is Miami's coach this year?

What QB did that coach develop over the last several years?

Was said coach a candidate for HC here, and if so was he not hired because he wanted to bring in a new QB?

Intradasting.

Imon Yourside 10-14-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9015091)

Yup, especially the last part. Now we just need to lose every game, shouldn't be that hard. Bring Cassel back and lose lose lose.

mcaj22 10-14-2012 10:54 PM

Tannehill is not doing as bad as I thought he was projected/expected to do. The guy has no talent around him besides Reggie Bush.

Tannehill is going to look a lot better next season when he has Dwayne Bowe in a Dolphins uniform to throw to.

lol

WV 10-14-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9015101)
Tannehill is not doing as bad as I thought he was projected/expected to do. The guy has no talent around him besides Reggie Bush.

Tannehill is going to look a lot better next season when he has Dwayne Bowe in a Dolphins uniform to throw to.

lol

I openly mocked the Dolphins for taking Tannehill, we'll see how he works out....at least they had the stones to go get a QB when they needed one.

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9015092)
That'll happen every time he gets hammered right? I saw him get knocked the **** out by a shitty college safety last year. The way he plays sooner than later he'll be carted off.

He's learning how to run. He'll be fine.

listopencil 10-14-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9015081)
Miss Shanarat yet?

Nope. I grew tired of him passing on defensive talent for offensive gambles while our DC was fired every year. We drafted Ashlie Lelie over Ed Reed. Ashlie Lelie...over Ed Reed. I am thankful that his offensive system, preparation and game calling helped us become dominant and win two Super Bowls. He was fired because the owner handed the team over to him and his decisions led to a steady decline over several years.

notorious 10-14-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9015108)
Nope. I grew tired of him passing on defensive talent for offensive gambles while our DC was fired every year. We drafted Ashlie Lelie over Ed Reed. Ashlie Lelie...over Ed Reed. I am thankful that his offensive system, preparation and game calling helped us become dominant and win two Super Bowls. He was fired because the owner handed the team over to him and his decisions led to a steady decline over several years.

He had been there too long. When you don't have a HOF QB covering the team's deficiencies the job gets a lot harder.

mcaj22 10-14-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9015103)
I openly mocked the Dolphins for taking Tannehill, we'll see how he works out....at least they had the stones to go get a QB when they needed one.

hes a project but i mean hes not doing bad for being thrown into the fire because David Garrard crapped himself and Matt Moore stinks. That made him the starter because that franchise is desperate and hes throwing to turds like Marlon Moore and Anthony Fasano. Those are the people he threw touchdown passes to today, whoever the **** they are.

The Dolphins will go out and add a big time WR for him sooner than later. And I wouldnt be surprised if the the Dolphins are a big suitor for Bowe in the offseason.

Also if Pioli is desperate to trade Bowe by the deadline, his buddy Jeff Ireland will surely make a deal right now I bet.

listopencil 10-14-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9015112)
He had been there too long. When you don't have a HOF QB covering the team's deficiencies the job gets a lot harder.

A lot of shit went just right for us at the time. We still had leftover D talent from Reeves and Phillips. Shanny helped to put that Offense together, to build a supporting cast around Elway. I'm glad we took advantage of that window. But yeah. He had been there too long.

WV 10-14-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9015118)
hes a project but i mean hes not doing bad for being thrown into the fire because David Garrard crapped himself and Matt Moore stinks. That made him the starter because that franchise is desperate and hes throwing to turds like Marlon Moore and Anthony Fasano. Those are the people he threw touchdown passes to today, whoever the **** they are.

The Dolphins will go out and add a big time WR for him sooner than later. And I wouldnt be surprised if the the Dolphins are a big suitor for Bowe in the offseason.

Also if Pioli is desperate to trade Bowe by the deadline, his buddy Jeff Ireland will surely make a deal right now I bet.

Agreed, he's already better than I expected him to be as well especially because of what you just mentioned.

rico 10-15-2012 12:59 AM

I liked RG3, but had a bit of skepticism because I thought he had a tendency to over-throw the ball a lot...and I thought Kendall Wright bailed him out quite a few times on some crap throws. But I would have loved to have taken him....just wasn't 100% sold, honestly.

Still not sold on Tannehill and I don't care that the Chiefs made no effort to take him last year because I think there are many better prospects to choose from in this draft than him.

mdchiefsfan 10-15-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9015050)
Not bad.

That is more than a 10 point increase from last year. They added Pierre Garcon and Josh ****ing Morgan to their WR core and with a qb increased their offensive output by over 10 points per game. Who needs a qb in this league?

R8RFAN 10-15-2012 05:43 AM

He is good but he better get that run first mentality out of his mind or he won't last long in the NFL

mr. tegu 10-15-2012 06:17 AM

I think people didn't like RG3 because he played in the Big 12 and they also assumed he was a running QB because of his race and ridiculous speed. These people didn't watch the games, are ignorant, and speak in generalizations. You could see he was different.

Much like Geno Smith, people still say stupid things like they don't want a running QB for the NFL. All the while not realizing he only ran for about 80 yards all last season. People think that his 500 yard games won't translate to the NFL because he is in the Big 12. Well yeah the yards are inflated because it's college and he puts the ball on the money so his guys get YAC. In the NFL it will be 300 instead of 450-500. Still really good.

stonedstooge 10-15-2012 06:42 AM

He's a new tool in the toolbox that has never been seen before. He was available and our Executive of the Decade couldn't or wouldn't find a way to land him in Kansas City. With that being said, I'm not sure that Uncle Festus Daboll would have known what to do with him

the Talking Can 10-15-2012 06:43 AM

i would have trade literally anything to get him...

but that was too risky..

mlyonsd 10-15-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9015456)
He's a new tool in the toolbox that has never been seen before. He was available and our Executive of the Decade couldn't or wouldn't find a way to land him in Kansas City. With that being said, I'm not sure that Uncle Festus Daboll would have known what to do with him

Good point.

Hound333 10-15-2012 06:47 AM

I loved RGIII and wanted him here bad. If he was our QB I would still worry about him getting injured. He's awesome, but one hit away from the end.

Sure thats the same as every QB but he puts himself in more positions to get hit. ( Before you say I am racist I used to say the same thing about Steve Young)

blaise 10-15-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Yeah, you only get to have your brain blown up so many times until you start missing half seasons.

notorious 10-15-2012 07:08 AM

I think that Shanahan or the OC is part of the problem.

It would be tough, though. You don't want to try to completely kill a QB's natural instinct and talent.

He will learn. RG is pretty damn smart.

tredadda 10-15-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9015050)
Not bad.

With less offensive talent than we have. I shudder to think what we could have done with him under center for us.

tredadda 10-15-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9015027)
Loved the guy. Would have traded what Washington traded in a heartbeat. Don't think I would have traded what it would have taken to outbid Washington.

I would have. Our biggest weakness is the one we can't fill in FA, which is QB. Washington gave up a ton but got an elite QB. We kept ours and got the non factor known as Dontari Poe ad of course backup offensive linemen. With Pioli's history in the first round would you really trust him with the picks he "saved" not going after RGIII?

Denver Mike 10-15-2012 08:25 AM

Wilson is a monster.. period..

If I were KC. I would trade Matt Casshole and a 4th to the Seahawks for Matt Flynn

tredadda 10-15-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9015060)

I think this could end up like the QB class of 83 in the sense that Luck might end up being the best QB of this class (Elway or Marino), but RGIII will still be a phenomenal talent (Kelly, Marino, or Elway whomever is viewed as the second best from that class.)

tredadda 10-15-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Mike (Post 9015729)

If I were KC. I would trade Matt Casshole and a 4th to the Seahawks for Matt Flynn

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh no.

Denver Mike 10-15-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9015733)
I think this could end up like the QB class of 83 in the sense that Luck might end up being the best QB of this class (Elway or Marino), but RGIII will still be a phenomenal talent (Kelly, Marino, or Elway whomever is viewed as the second best from that class.)

I'd be willing to throw Wilson in with that group..

Sorry but Tannehill is garbage. We'll all see very soon if not already.

Luck, Griffin and Wilson will all 3 be elite starting caliber in the next 2-3 years. Instant contenders.

-King- 10-15-2012 08:29 AM

*cough*the guardian*cough*
Posted via Mobile Device

tredadda 10-15-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Mike (Post 9015744)
I'd be willing to throw Wilson in with that group..

Sorry but Tannehill is garbage. We'll all see very soon if not already.

Luck, Griffin and Wilson will all 3 be elite starting caliber in the next 2-3 years. Instant contenders.

I could see that honestly. The only true knock on Wilson coming out was his size. Many thought he would be a 1st rounder if not a Top 5 pick had he been like 6' 3".

Denver Mike 10-15-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9015756)
I could see that honestly. The only true knock on Wilson coming out was his size. Many thought he would be a 1st rounder if not a Top 5 pick had he been like 6' 3".

Yeah to be honest I'd take any of the 3 over Cam Newton..

Brees was a lil guy too.

Chiefnj2 10-15-2012 08:40 AM

What I take from this years QB class is:
1) Don't get bent out of shape with the negatives in scouting reports.
2) Even if you "reach" for, or draft a guy with a lot of perceived flaws, you will still have a QB that is as good as, if not better than, Cassel/Quinn/Journeyman avg player. You aren't losing anything by taking a chance.
3) Build the system around the QB. Seattle, Washington, Indy, Cleveland (Minnesota for Ponder's second year) are all doing things differently.
4) Following up on (3) - you need a HC and OC who are adaptable. None of this "things should be modeled after New England" or Pitt or anywhere else.

TEX 10-15-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

They were the same ones who said not to panic at how bad the Chiefs looked in preseason, because it was "just presaeason"... LMAO

boogblaster 10-15-2012 08:48 AM

ima not bought in all the way yet .. lets see after acouple seasons ...

Molitoth 10-15-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Like the Hawks are that fucking stupid....

Denver Mike 10-15-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9015846)
Like the Hawks are that fucking stupid....

Seriously???

They were stupid enough to pay the man a truckload of money, draft a rookie and start him instead...

Don't give Seattle that much credit.

qabbaan 10-15-2012 09:25 AM

Cam Newton and Josh Freeman made big splashes in the league and aren't looking so good today. Even the class of the athlete/QBs, Vick, has still never won anything or turned into a great QB.

I'm not saying Griffin is not that good, but he is far from a proven commodity. We will see how he fares over the long term. Having a few productive games before teams develop a scheme for you doesn't prove a lot.

Chiefnj2 10-15-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Mike (Post 9015860)
Seriously???

They were stupid enough to pay the man a truckload of money, draft a rookie and start him instead...

Since when is it stupid to play the better guy and have a backup plan ?

qabbaan 10-15-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

I love when people just make up some trade like this is Madeen

Ok Skins, Jamaal Charles and Nate Hobgood- Chitik and a 6th and a 4th... Welcome to KC RG3!

The Franchise 10-15-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9015091)

The thing is......Luck will catch up to him in a year or two. RGIII can make plays with his feet....that's why he's hit the ground running. If they continue to put weapons around Luck.....he'll be a top 10 QB in no time.

whoman69 10-15-2012 10:05 AM

I was onboard early, but there was no way we had enough ammunition to get him without giving up our top picks for three years, or stripping the talent around him.

Shag 10-15-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Seriously???

Stupid enough? That's brilliant. They recognized that this is a QB-driven league, acquired multiple QBs, and started the best one, money be damned. I wish our FO was that "stupid".

Skyy God 10-15-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Seriously???

$10M guaranteed for, ostensibly, a starting QB is hardly a truckload.

Dave Lane 10-15-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't have paid what DC paid (maybe in retrospect) but I loved RGIII I'd have gone 2 1st rounders and a 2nd for sure.

GordonGekko 10-15-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 9015913)
Cam Newton and Josh Freeman made big splashes in the league and aren't looking so good today. Even the class of the athlete/QBs, Vick, has still never won anything or turned into a great QB.

I'm not saying Griffin is not that good, but he is far from a proven commodity. We will see how he fares over the long term. Having a few productive games before teams develop a scheme for you doesn't prove a lot.

This is a good point.

RG3 can get away with what he is doing now, but eventually he will have to turn into a pocket passer 1st, scrambler 2nd. Superbowls are still being won by pocket passing qb's.

chiefscafan 10-15-2012 10:30 AM

I was all favor of trading for the pick from rams for rg3. It wasn't just his ability I loved his maturity in interviews was impressive. I thought he was gonna be special really wish we had gotten him. Bummed we are stuck with cassel although as Winston said he really hasn't been given a chance lol.

Chiefnj2 10-15-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9016082)
This is a good point.

RG3 can get away with what he is doing now, but eventually he will have to turn into a pocket passer 1st, scrambler 2nd. Superbowls are still being won by pocket passing qb's.

He IS a pocket passer first.

Pitt Gorilla 10-15-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9016175)
He IS a pocket passer first.

Yes, he is.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-15-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

It's a little early for saying "I told you so's" but he has been impressive so far. I wish we would've/could've drafted him.

DaneMcCloud 10-15-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Cam Netwon is experiencing a sophomore slump. Josh Freeman had a bad rookie season, followed by a nice 2010, followed by a poor 2011. Vick was a badass before his prison stint and I'm sure that you can understand how his game would falter just a bit after three years away.

What do these guys have in common with RGIII beside skin color?

Pitt Gorilla 10-15-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9016730)
It's a little early for saying "I told you so's" but he has been impressive so far. I wish we would've/could've drafted him.

He could fall on his face for the rest of the season and I'd still take him over what we have now.

Chief Gump 10-15-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Let me start by saying that I am not saying that RGIII is not good. With that said, tell me the last time a team won a Superbowl with a QB that ran a lot? I know RGIII is good with his arm but he also depends on his legs and tries to run, it will never work in the NFL. I shouldn't say never but I highly doubt it. Guys are just too big and hit too hard for a QB to be taking hits when they decide to run on a consistent basis.

ThaVirus 10-15-2012 02:11 PM

Steve Young and John Elway moved well out of the pocket..

Deberg_1990 10-15-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Even the class of the athlete/QBs, Vick, has still never won anything or turned into a great QB.

Class of the athlete QB??

Never heard of Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young or Randall Cunningham?

Pitt Gorilla 10-15-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Gump (Post 9016740)
Let me start by saying that I am not saying that RGIII is not good. With that said, tell me the last time a team won a Superbowl with a QB that ran a lot? I know RGIII is good with his arm but he also depends on his legs and tries to run, it will never work in the NFL. I shouldn't say never but I highly doubt it. Guys are just too big and hit too hard for a QB to be taking hits when they decide to run on a consistent basis.

Roger Staubach, Steve Young, John Elway all won. Guys like Tarkenton, McNabb, and Cunningham came close.

Edit: Zorn ran all over the place and was an outstanding QB, although I don't think his teams sniffed a Super Bowl.

You probably meant besides these guys.

mr. tegu 10-15-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Gump (Post 9016740)

Here is your problem. You just think RG3 is a running QB because that is what he does sbustantially better than other QBs. The reality is he just turns what other QBs would get six yards out of into 60 yards. The guy has a 70% completion percentage which just happens to lead the NFL.

Pitt Gorilla 10-15-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9016788)
Here is your problem. You just think RG3 is a running QB because that is what he does sbustantially better than other QBs. The reality is he just turns what other QBs would get six yards out of into 60 yards. The guy has a 70% completion percentage which just happens to lead the NFL.

Yeah, but...

blaise 10-15-2012 02:26 PM

I don't care that RGIII runs; it's that he doesn't seem to have good instinct for avoiding a hit. At least not now. When I watch him it seems like he's diving forward a lot, or off balance when defenders are there. His ribs and his side are exposed.
McNabb ran but he cut down on that a lot pretty early, and he bulked up. And he knew how to avoid big hits. Steve Young is maybe the closest running comparison, to me. And he lasted quite a while, so maybe RGIII wil too.