ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

DaKCMan AP 03-08-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8429135)
I thought Gilmore might slide under the radar a little bit. I was pretty disappointed to lose out on him, not gonna lie.

I was considering him at #37 and would have run to the podium at #50.

Archie Bunker 03-08-2012 01:52 PM

Was hoping to grab a WR here but it just wasn't in the cards. The Redskins could use some help at CB and I like this player quite a bit.

The Washington Redskins select Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

DJ's left nut 03-08-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 8429217)
Was hoping to grab a WR here but it just wasn't in the cards. The Redskins could use some help at CB and I like this player quite a bit.

Well...I guess that makes this an easier pick for me.

Carolina struggled like wild with its pass-rush last season and hopes to have addressed that in the first round with Coples. Now they just need to make it a little easier for their defensive backs and LBers to work in space and not have to sell out against the run.

So the question becomes, Worthy or Thompson? Can this squad take a chance on another questionable character guy like Worthy and hope his upside wins the day? Or should they go with the steadier option in Thompson, a kid that's probably going to be more stout against the run but won't likely present a significant pass-rush threat.

In the end, with Coples, Smith, Gamble, Newton and others, there are simply too many potential bad apples already on the squad to add another one, so the Carolina Panthers select:

Brandon Thompson, DT - Clemson

BossChief 03-08-2012 02:44 PM

I'm usually not in favor of reaching for need, but the Dolphins need a quarterback that has a chance to be their long term signal caller and I dot want to risk waiting another round to fill that spot when a guy is on the board here that I feel would have been a pretty high pick if he had a defense that could have helped him a little and feel he is a good value here.

In the second round of the 2012 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select

Nick Foles, QB Arizona.

htismaqe 03-08-2012 02:56 PM

The Buffalo Bills still aren't convinced they have a REAL need on the offensive line, so they are once again looking to the Big 10 to shore up their new 4-3 scheme under Dave Wannstedt.

The Buffalo Bills select:

LAVONTE DAVID, OLB, NEBRASKA

He's not a big guy but he's perfect for the weak side in the 4-3. He's got a mean streak and a motor and will bring some attitude to that Buffalo defense.

RealSNR 03-08-2012 03:07 PM

If there's a mod watching this, could they please change BossChief's name to BossReach?

DJ's left nut 03-08-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8429565)
If there's a mod watching this, could they please change BossChief's name to BossReach?

I believe Reachmaqe is already spoken for...

htismaqe 03-08-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8429585)
I believe Reachmaqe is already spoken for...

:)

I remember when I was widely ridiculed for the Bills taking Donte Whitner too...he turned out ok.

RealSNR 03-08-2012 03:18 PM

After getting screwed over by the rush of DEs in the early first, the Seahawks get lucky and a late first round guy falls to them. He's a little lanky and tall, will need to add some weight in the pros, but he's quick and has fantastic straight-line speed. Definitely has all the attributes of what you want out of a 4-3 pass rushing DE in the pros. He's also very cerebral, has been known to adjust to the run, and has a good toolbox of moves and technique. In two or three seasons he could be potentially a premier DE in this league.

The Seattle Seahawks select Andre Branch, DE, Clemson

DJ's left nut 03-08-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8429615)
After getting screwed over by the rush of DEs in the early first, the Seahawks get lucky and a late first round guy falls to them. He's a little lanky and tall, will need to add some weight in the pros, but he's quick and has fantastic straight-line speed. Definitely has all the attributes of what you want out of a 4-3 pass rushing DE in the pros. He's also very cerebral, has been known to adjust to the run, and has a good toolbox of moves and technique. In two or three seasons he could be potentially a premier DE in this league.

The Seattle Seahawks select Andre Branch, DE, Clemson

I thought about grabbing him, then I realized that in 3 years, when he's probably going to be pretty good, nobody's going to give a shit about this thread and I will get no credit for my brilliance.

So I took the fat guy.

RealSNR 03-08-2012 03:22 PM

Also, htismaqe, please remember to send a courtesy PM to the next person on the clock.

The Franchise 03-08-2012 03:23 PM

Damn.....I could go a bunch of different ways here.

the Talking Can 03-08-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8429565)

why i love this thread

htismaqe 03-08-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8429635)
Also, htismaqe, please remember to send a courtesy PM to the next person on the clock.

I was just getting ready to send it when I saw you had made your selection already. Sorry.

Sfeihc 03-08-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 8429217)

For me picking for the Bucs it came down to Gilmore and Dennard. I sided with Gilmore because I think has more upside but it was a damn tough decision.