ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

Sfeihc 03-07-2012 01:41 PM

The Cincinnati Bengals select Mark Barron S Alabama.

Marco Polo 03-07-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8425123)
Do the Titans run a power blocking scheme?

Yes they do, which is what Glenn specializes in.

DaKCMan AP 03-07-2012 01:49 PM

The Browns solved their QB troubles at the top of the draft. While they'll surround their new franchise QB with help in this draft, it won't be here. The other side of the ball is lacking too. The major defensive needs for the Browns are at DE & OLB. Lucky for them there's a top prospect available that can help out at both positions. He'll bulk up a little and be primarily used at DE, but can play standing up too in packages.

The Cleveland Browns select Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC.

RealSNR 03-07-2012 01:51 PM

Eff. That was one of my players on the list. Whatever though. Plenty of good guys left.

DJ's left nut 03-07-2012 01:55 PM

SON OF BITCH! Did it to me twice.

Stupid KCman; I guess I'll be back shortly.

DJ's left nut 03-07-2012 02:03 PM

Well as my draft board was pretty well decimated over the last 6 picks, I'll go with the miserably boring, but ultimately probably the smart pick -

The Lions take Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State

They're a great team when Matt Stafford is healthy and those tackles are getting both old and terrible. Adams can step in as an elite RT immediately and with a year or 2 of experience, can also be an above average LT (similar to Albert, really).

With all the CBs worth anything taken and the last of the legitimate early round pass rushers off the board, it appears I have no choice but to make the pick I probably should have made all along anyway. Thought about Konz but his major weakness, if any, is as a pass-blocker and this is still going to be a pass-first team. Raiola has some tread left on the tires and Backus may very well not.

Dammit...it had to be done.

Archie Bunker 03-07-2012 03:10 PM

With the offensive lineman and corners pretty well picked over, that left me focused on Steelers' holes at NT and ILB.

The Pittsburgh Steelers select ILB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama

I was torn between Poe's potential vs Hightower's production but in the end the draft's depth at those positions and Hightower's ability to start from day 1 tilted the scales in Hightower's favor.

DJ's left nut 03-07-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 8425747)
With the offensive lineman and corners pretty well picked over, that left me focused on Steelers' holes at NT and ILB.

The Pittsburgh Steelers select ILB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama

I was torn between Poe's potential vs Hightower's production but in the end the draft's depth at those positions and Hightower's ability to start from day 1 tilted the scales in Hightower's favor.

I stared at Hightower for quite awhile before I decided to go with the OT.

Though I wonder why you went that high for a what is probably going to be a Ted backer in the Steelers scheme. He doesn't strike me as being good enough in space to play the MAC role. I guess it's late enough for Poe at this point; that's where I'd have gone, especially with both Steelers NTs looking oooooold last season.

Things really didn't break well for you.

DeezNutz 03-07-2012 04:54 PM

While my instinct is to give this piece of shit franchise a kicker, I shall resist. The Broncos do, however, need help along the defensive line. This player has been pretty damn beastly at the college level, and he brings a lot of versatility, power, and athleticism. But here's to hoping he's more Sims-like, b/c **** them, that's why:

Devon Still, DT, Penn State

RealSNR 03-07-2012 05:01 PM

I like the Still pick, since the Donks are too stubborn to do the right thing and play Tebow at DT

RealSNR 03-07-2012 05:03 PM

ChiefsCountry... I know what you're thinking. I know you're thinking about taking him. But don't do it. Don't you ****ing dare do it. I will cut you.

Sfeihc 03-07-2012 05:55 PM

I had a group of players of which I was hopeful the Bengals could land two of them. The group consisted of Jenkins, Kirkpatrick, Glenn and Barron. The Bengals secondary was a HUGE need. After watching TJ Yates shred them in the playoffs It was clear help was needed at both CB and S. I'm looking at you Chris "Betty" Crocker.

Claiborne was an easy pick for the Bucs.

All-in-all the Bucs and Bengals leave the first round very happy with the players they've added.

Lono 03-07-2012 07:07 PM

The Texans could easily go defense in this spot and Perry would have been the pick had he still been on the board. With him gone, they fill a spot at WR. When Johnson went down last year they realized they had no one else that could stretch the field and Walter and Jones couldn't get it done. So, with the 26th pick of the 2012 draft, the Houston Texans select Kendall Wright Wr Baylor.

ChiefsCountry 03-07-2012 07:27 PM

Patriots are up and have a couple of choices at this pick. Was very hard to choose between Konz and Poe. I went with Poe. He can play in the 4-3 and 3-4, which New England can do. Not to mention Wilfork and Billy B can get him to play to his potenial.

New England Patriots select Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis.

RealSNR 03-07-2012 08:04 PM

Excellent.

The Packers have huge holes on defense. Just a year removed from the the most talented starters and deepest positions across the board in the league, they let Cullen Jenkins go and suffered injuries all across the defensive line. Ryan Pickett's old, but still reliable, and BJ Raji is there to rotate depending on the situation, but the Packers really missed out on that premier force that was probably the best 3-4 DE in the NFL in 2010. Mike Neal is not that guy. Packers fans conjure up images of Justin Harrell when they look at Neal.

Driver's getting old. On the line Wells might leave (he's likely to get re-signed, but still), Chad Clifton is an old ****, and Derek Sherrod's brief NFL career may be over. His leg exploded in a million pieces. Bulaga and Newhouse are solid, but an extra tackle might not be out of the question. Lastly, that RB position still wasn't fixed with Alex Greene out for the year; it appears he's another failed Brandon Jackson experiment. And the Packers have to do something to grow out the depth at CB.

But right now you take the most talented player at the biggest position of need. Luckily that guy is here.

The Green Bay Packers select Michael Brockers, DT/DE, LSU