ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox: The X-Files (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290019)

keg in kc 01-17-2015 05:07 PM

Fox: The X-Files

Seem like I'm about 23 years behind on this one?

(Jesus, 23 years?!)

Apparently not. Fox is in talks with Chris Carter to bring it back, including having David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise Scully and Mulder. Nothing creative yet, just seeing how schedules line up, but still...

Also having (unrelated of course) talks about bringing back Prison Break and running a Kiefer-free version of 24 (not sure how that would work; he was that snow).

notorious 01-17-2015 05:08 PM

Yes, this is good.

Deberg_1990 01-17-2015 05:46 PM

Interesting.........

Not sure how much demand there is for it though? That last movie was a flop and was fairly awful.

keg in kc 01-17-2015 05:51 PM

I would imagine there's a lot of people my age (@40) who'd tune in for nostalgia if nothing else. Whether they can maintain a full series on that who knows. I'm not sure this kind of stuff is as cool to the younger crowd now as it was then.

DaneMcCloud 01-17-2015 09:24 PM

I absolutely loved that show until the first movie. After that, it was just so inconsistent and I didn't bother watching the second movie until years later on cable. I found it to be barely watchable.

I'd love to see episodes like seasons 1-4, not so much MOW, but interesting investigations and government cover ups. But the entire alien thing was nearly as bad as Lost's overall arc, which was course, was awful.

I have all the seasons on DVD up until like 9 or 10 and haven't watched them in half a decade. Thanks for the reminder!

DaneMcCloud 01-17-2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11274387)
I would imagine there's a lot of people my age (@40) who'd tune in for nostalgia if nothing else. Whether they can maintain a full series on that who knows. I'm not sure this kind of stuff is as cool to the younger crowd now as it was then.

I would think that if they did a 12 episode season, like 24 Live Another Day, there would be some serious interest but I'm not sure about a full 24 season order, especially with Vince Gilligan running Saul.

Deberg_1990 01-17-2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11274762)
I absolutely loved that show until the first movie. After that, it was just so inconsistent and I didn't bother watching the second movie until years later on cable. I found it to be barely watchable.

I'd love to see episodes like seasons 1-4, not so much MOW, but interesting investigations and government cover ups. But the entire alien thing was nearly as bad as Lost's overall arc, which was course, was awful.

I have all the seasons on DVD up until like 9 or 10 and haven't watched them in half a decade. Thanks for the reminder!

Yea, basically when they moved production from Vancouver to LA, the show steadily dropped in quality.

keg in kc 01-17-2015 09:55 PM

The second movie was terribad but there was some good stuff in seasons 5-7.

If I did it I'd focus more on the alien stuff and the cigarette smoking man and friends. Still do monster of the week but make the government conspiracy stuff more prominent.

thabear04 01-17-2015 11:00 PM

My cousin used to hate the intro song.

007 01-18-2015 01:08 AM

More Gillian please.

Baby Lee 01-18-2015 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11274378)
Interesting.........

Not sure how much demand there is for it though? That last movie was a flop and was fairly awful.

Twilight Zone The Movie doesn't live up to the episodes that preceded it either. I wasn't big into X-Files, but from what I saw, a lot of its allure was the ability of the episodic form to play with moods and structure, while still moving forward with a meta-story,

Buffy and Fringe tried similar things.

DaneMcCloud 01-18-2015 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11275331)
Twilight Zone The Movie doesn't live up to the episodes that preceded it either. I wasn't big into X-Files, but from what I saw, a lot of its allure was the ability of the episodic form to play with moods and structure, while still moving forward with a meta-story,

The first four seasons were awesome, especially for the time. I'd recommend checking them out with an open mind. Some episodes are absolutely lifetime classics.

GloucesterChief 01-18-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11275331)

Probably because Serling was dead by that time and many of the Twilight Zone episodes were written by him or other great sci-fi writers like Bradbury and Matheson.

Deberg_1990 01-18-2015 11:18 AM

I love the original Twilight Zone. I actually introduced my kids to them this year on Netflix. They loved them. Of course its dated, but the stories and themes hold up incredibly well.

DJJasonp 01-18-2015 08:30 PM

Loved the show.....have friends that liked the monster episodes more than the main alien story line.

I was the opposite.....and got frustrated when the "near end of the world" would happen one week, and you might not get back to that storyline for a month.

Would watch again if they bring it back. Hell..next year we have Twin Peaks coming back...could be a great trip down 90s memory lane next year!