ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285665)

Dunit35 11-29-2017 10:04 PM

Over the last few weeks I've noticed my belly seems to be getting bigger. But I've only gained two lbs in the last couple of months. It's getting more difficult to see my D again.

It's got to be my eating habits as they are not good. Still keeping the carbs down but not like before. I do a shit ton of ab work every week. I usually count my abs and I've ranged from 1700-2000 per five day workout week. Is it possible that too many abs are making me more bloated? Or is it purely my eating habits?

I did decide to count my run mileage this month and got it to 37 miles. Not too shabby. Wish I had been counting them when I was running several four milers.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-29-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 13249005)
Over the last few weeks I've noticed my belly seems to be getting bigger. But I've only gained two lbs in the last couple of months. It's getting more difficult to see my D again.

It's got to be my eating habits as they are not good. Still keeping the carbs down but not like before. I do a shit ton of ab work every week. I usually count my abs and I've ranged from 1700-2000 per five day workout week. Is it possible that too many abs are making me more bloated? Or is it purely my eating habits?

I did decide to count my run mileage this month and got it to 37 miles. Not too shabby. Wish I had been counting them when I was running several four milers.

Any chance you're pregnant ?

Dunit35 11-29-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13249015)
Any chance you're pregnant ?

Doubtful.

Buehler445 11-29-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Sodium causing water retention?

Dunit35 11-29-2017 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13249075)
Sodium causing water retention?

I'm sure my sodium intake is fairly high as I eat higher sodium foods. It's the one problem I've had during all this weight loss.

lewdog 11-30-2017 06:31 AM

Do you think doing all that ab work makes you have a smaller or less fatty midsection?

Because it doesn’t. That’s way too much ab work. Want a smaller midsection, change something in your diet. All that ab work you’re doing is wasted time.

GloryDayz 11-30-2017 06:48 AM

Try planks. They get the abs done quickly and safely.

Buehler445 12-07-2017 12:25 AM

Alright resident experts,

I’m back in the gym for the first time in several years and need some advice on a routine that won’t murder me.

As a background I’m familiar with most of the lifts except I’m not too comfortable with deadlift, we didn’t do it a lot in school. But it’s been awhile. I’m definitely starting light.

I also am kind of broke down. I have arthritis in my knees pretty bad. Hopefully I can get at least some squatting done. I’m hoping if I can get some weight off it will help the arthritis. I also have plantar faciiitis in my feet which sucks balls. I don’t think it should affect lifts much but plyometrics may be problematic. In the past I’ve had trouble in my shoulders. If I run over a quarter mile I get shin splints. God typing all that out my body is shit. I need a new one.

My goals are as follows:
1. Don’t get hurt. I have too much shit to do that requires manual labor to be out of commission. That is the priority.

2. I’m not really interested in getting huge or giant gains or any of that stuff. I’d like to look better in the mirror, sure. But what’s finally motivated me is I need to extend my usefulness physically. Everything is starting to get harder than it used to be and I probably need to focus on my health some too before it gets bad. My doctor is starting to grumble about cholesterol and I’d like to avoid medication if I can.

3. I would like to improve my balance some. It sure seems like I don’t trust myself, especially at heights anymore. I’m sure getting weight off and improving strength will help but if there is anything specific I can do I’m down.

4. Establish a routine that is sustainable when field work starts. I need to keep workouts fairly short. I can drag them out now but come March I get busy as hell.

As far as what I plan to do is I’ve been hitting the bike for a few days and I plan to ease into weights. I’ll probably keep some cardio in after I work the weights in. They have a pool that I will use when they open it but I plan to hit the weights as long as I can keep from hurting myself.

So any recommendations? How should I group the lifts? What should I avoid with my junk knees? Which lifts should I focus on first?

Thanks!

Titty Meat 12-07-2017 12:35 AM

Just do what I'm doing keeping Cal's around 2k doing a Upper day then Lower then HIIT then Upper Then Lower then rest schedule

cooper barrett 12-07-2017 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 13249031)
Doubtful.

Hog's an expert as spotting preggo pigs...

cooper barrett 12-07-2017 04:56 AM

Have you ever thought to ask a DR. vs. a Chiefs fan?

One seems to be considerably smarter than the other.

Quote:

cooper barrett 12-07-2017 05:37 AM

I spend more time stretching and doing cardio at the gym than doing reps but when I do a full workout (2X a week) it is a circuit that a trainer put together for me. I suggest starting out with such a circuit at your gym.
I make a better lineman that a WR so I wanted to be leaner and not as bulky. I do a lot of reps without the straining, burning reps at the end and I don't pay attn to weight just that it has a good resistance.

I hit the gym for a full workout 2 days a week and work the other 5 with medicine balls and stretching for what seems to be forever, using them for resistance and then hear for the old trustworthy Arc machine for a 15 minute cycle. I go back and stretch again with the balls or sometimes I will jump on a machine and do abs or curls just whatever I am in the mood for.

http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/CYBE...&resMode=sharp

Stretching using a big ass (30Lb) medicine ball is a lot better for building core strength than one might expect.

Buy buying a couple of balls you can get a good core and balance workout at home anytime. See the basic section at the bottom.

https://greatist.com/fitness/25-must-try-medicine-ball-exercises

Dunit35 12-07-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13267111)
Have you ever thought to ask a DR. vs. a Chiefs fan?

One seems to be considerably smarter than the other.

Bruh, that’s why I asked CP members.

el borracho 12-07-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13267040)
Alright resident experts,

I’m back in the gym for the first time in several years and need some advice on a routine that won’t murder me.

As a background I’m familiar with most of the lifts except I’m not too comfortable with deadlift, we didn’t do it a lot in school. But it’s been awhile. I’m definitely starting light.

I also am kind of broke down. I have arthritis in my knees pretty bad. Hopefully I can get at least some squatting done. I’m hoping if I can get some weight off it will help the arthritis. I also have plantar faciiitis in my feet which sucks balls. I don’t think it should affect lifts much but plyometrics may be problematic. In the past I’ve had trouble in my shoulders. If I run over a quarter mile I get shin splints. God typing all that out my body is shit. I need a new one.

My goals are as follows:
1. Don’t get hurt. I have too much shit to do that requires manual labor to be out of commission. That is the priority.

2. I’m not really interested in getting huge or giant gains or any of that stuff. I’d like to look better in the mirror, sure. But what’s finally motivated me is I need to extend my usefulness physically. Everything is starting to get harder than it used to be and I probably need to focus on my health some too before it gets bad. My doctor is starting to grumble about cholesterol and I’d like to avoid medication if I can.

3. I would like to improve my balance some. It sure seems like I don’t trust myself, especially at heights anymore. I’m sure getting weight off and improving strength will help but if there is anything specific I can do I’m down.

4. Establish a routine that is sustainable when field work starts. I need to keep workouts fairly short. I can drag them out now but come March I get busy as hell.

As far as what I plan to do is I’ve been hitting the bike for a few days and I plan to ease into weights. I’ll probably keep some cardio in after I work the weights in. They have a pool that I will use when they open it but I plan to hit the weights as long as I can keep from hurting myself.

So any recommendations? How should I group the lifts? What should I avoid with my junk knees? Which lifts should I focus on first?

Thanks!

Honestly, you might be better off if you focus on diet and start swimming.

Buehler445 12-07-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 13267555)
Honestly, you might be better off if you focus on diet and start swimming.

It’s biking at the moment. They won’t fill the pool until March