ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Nightfyre's initial QB rankings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264183)

Nightfyre 12-08-2012 03:40 PM

If Geno Smith doesn't fall into our laps, I am all about taking a shot on Dysert and/or Nassib.

Dante84 12-08-2012 09:04 PM

sorter, who's that in your Av and Sig?

DJ's left nut 12-17-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9189682)
And now the Nassib bandwagoners begin. Just remember, I started this thing bitches!!!!

ROFL

Awww, you started the Nassib bandwagon. That's cute.

-- Sincerely, Geno Smith bandwagon co-pilot.

DJ's left nut 12-17-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8970076)
Geno

Bray
Barkley
Murray

Wilson

Thomas
Manuel
Glennon

Jones
Rest of the chaff...

Updated for the end of the regular season:

Geno

Wilson
Bray

Murray
Barkley
Nassib

Jones
Glennon
Manuel

Tribal Warfare 12-17-2012 12:58 PM

Mine
  1. Geno Smith
  2. Bray
  3. Wilson
  4. Barkley

the rest are fodder

O.city 12-17-2012 01:03 PM

Curious DJ, what made you like Wilson more?

DJ's left nut 12-17-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9218225)
Curious DJ, what made you like Wilson more?

Build and tools.

The more I've watched him, the more impressed I've been with his physical skill-set. I still don't think he's a good decisionmaker and I still think his arm is worse than Smith's and Brays.

But I think he's a durable guy that should probably be able to take a pounding at this level and keep going out there. I think he's a safer pick than Bray in that he does appear to have a little more polish and I don't worry about him getting broken in half (Bray's build worries me).

I still prefer Bray's upside, but I think Wilson's a very safe pick. And I've tried to split the difference between where I was earlier when I was saying his stats were all a product of Petrino's system. I think it's fair to say his struggles this year were largely a product of John L. Smith's !@#$up.

So if Petrino is still at Arky this year, Wilson is probably putting up #s on par with Geno's, at which case I have to sit there and just go on their respective skill-sets. I saw enough in Wilson's toolbox that I've moved him up.

Tribal Warfare 12-17-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9218352)
Build and tools.

The more I've watched him, the more impressed I've been with his physical skill-set. I still don't think he's a good decisionmaker and I still think his arm is worse than Smith's and Brays.

But I think he's a durable guy that should probably be able to take a pounding at this level and keep going out there. I think he's a safer pick than Bray in that he does appear to have a little more polish and I don't worry about him getting broken in half (Bray's build worries me).

I still prefer Bray's upside, but I think Wilson's a very safe pick. And I've tried to split the difference between where I was earlier when I was saying his stats were all a product of Petrino's system. I think it's fair to say his struggles this year were largely a product of John L. Smith's !@#$up.

So if Petrino is still at Arky this year, Wilson is probably putting up #s on par with Geno's, at which case I have to sit there and just go on their respective skill-sets. I saw enough in Wilson's toolbox that I've moved him up.

Wilson IMO upside is Warner/Green, but "durability" with a concussion on his medical resume isn't a ringing endorsement added with the punishment he's already taken. Bray's build is very similar to Brady's and Bradford's at the same stage so their is room to grow.

Nightfyre 12-17-2012 04:49 PM

I guess you all are convinced Bray will magically grow up when he enters the NFL?

Tribal Warfare 12-17-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9218982)
I guess you all are convinced Bray will magically grow up when he enters the NFL?

Marino did, and if Bray doesn't then it's time to try again. if for some reason KC doesn't draft Geno you got to try again.

Nightfyre 12-17-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9218995)
Marino did, and if Bray doesn't then it's time to try again. if for some reason KC doesn't draft Geno you got to try again.

I just look at that behavior and I think: "I wouldn't follow that guy." That's the only reason he is at the bottom of my list. And he has wonky mechanics, which would be difficult to repeat and master - which leads directly to his inconsistency. But all that is completely secondary to his failure as a leader.

Tribal Warfare 12-17-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9219000)
I just look at that behavior and I think: "I wouldn't follow that guy." That's the only reason he is at the bottom of my list. And he has wonky mechanics, which would be difficult to repeat and master - which leads directly to his inconsistency.

As I said many times before it's up to him if he wants to get serious, his inconsistency is directly related to in having a receiving corps that has stone hands.

Nightfyre 12-17-2012 05:27 PM

I was referring to the consistency with the accuracy of his passes. Not his statistics.

O.city 12-17-2012 05:29 PM

When I've watched Bray, he hasn't been accurate at all.

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9219000)
I just look at that behavior and I think: "I wouldn't follow that guy."

I can't help but think he has some Ryan Leaf in him.