ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

Unsmooth-Moment 04-23-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12835976)
I don't want Hosmer.

Sign Moose & Cain to reasonable contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Cain has been our best player for a while. If he'll do 3-4 years get it done.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RealSNR 04-23-2017 10:37 AM

The Royals can change their plate approach, yadda yadda, but honestly, they just have a bunch of bad hitters in their lineup. Yes, they're bad hitters who are going through slumps, but they're still mediocre hitters. This kind of thing will happen from time to time with a set of guys like this.

Meatloaf 04-23-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 12836015)
This. Cain has been our best player for a while. If he'll do 3-4 years get it done.

Agree with this. Cain is a key component.

Chiefspants 04-23-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 12836015)

If Cain continues his current production, I think he'll demand Fowler's deal.

lewdog 04-23-2017 10:49 AM

Giving Cain more years on this team means you've got two outfielders, him and Gordon, aging into their mid 30's together. No thanks on that. You already have Gordon in a Royals uniform until he's near 37 years old.

I don't think you sign Cain, who relies more heavily on speed to his game, and his injury history as an aging centerfielder.

I'm all for resigning Moose.

Chiefspants 04-23-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12836026)
Giving Cain more years on this team means you've got two outfielders, him and Gordon, aging into their mid 30's together. No thanks on that. You already have Gordon in a Royals uniform until he's near 37 years old.

I don't think you sign Cain, who relies more heavily on speed to his game, and his injury history as an aging centerfielder.

Agreed to all of this.

I love Lorenzo, but he's injured too often and is too old to take a chance on for what will likely be an expensive 4 to 5 year deal. Gordon's deal, who was on a player who was projected to age better than Cain, should give us the warning we need on a deal like this.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-23-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12836026)

I see we called up Bonafacio from AAA to play centerfield today. Maybe he'll show the rest of the offense how to hit.

C3HIEF3S 04-23-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12836027)
Agreed to all of this.

I love Lorenzo, but he's injured too often and is too old to take a chance on for what will likely be an expensive 4 to 5 year deal. Gordon's deal, who was on a player who was projected to age better than Cain, should give us the warning we need on a deal like this.

It's a shame that of the core three we are set to lose to free agency after this season, LoCain is the only one keeping his worth so far yet still the one that makes the least sense to retain due to his age and injury history. I think Hosmer will always have that untapped ability until the day he retires. Whether it's just straight stubbornness about changing his swing mechanics or what, he's been the same streaky player for years now.

duncan_idaho 04-23-2017 02:03 PM

It's maddening to see how simple Moustakas' swing now is, compared to Hosmer's.

That change sure seems to have turned Moustakas into a legitimate front-line hitter. Hosmer has had JUST enough success to not change.

PHOG 04-23-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12836051)
I see we called up Bonafacio from AAA to play centerfield today. Maybe he'll show the rest of the offense how to hit.

I'd say he just did, 421 ft worth.

Chiefspants 04-23-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12836212)
It's maddening to see how simple Moustakas' swing now is, compared to Hosmer's.

That change sure seems to have turned Moustakas into a legitimate front-line hitter. Hosmer has had JUST enough success to not change.

Imagining Hosmer reforming to a Daniel Murphy swing is... almost maddening.

KCCHIEFS27 04-23-2017 02:51 PM

Who gets sent down when Soler is done with the rehab stint....Alexander? Outright Colon?

Unsmooth-Moment 04-23-2017 03:45 PM

I'd guess Alexander gets sent down.

siberian khatru 04-23-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCCHIEFS27 (Post 12836290)
Who gets sent down when Soler is done with the rehab stint....Alexander? Outright Colon?

You can't outright Colon, he's out of options. He'd have to be DFA'd and pass through waivers. I think someone would claim him.

KCUnited 04-23-2017 04:08 PM

Boy, losing Colon would be impactful.