ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Pearl Jam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225055)

lewdog 07-14-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9812224)
Call me a dog...lmao

How about douche?

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9812224)
Call me a dog...lmao

Well that's fair enough

Omaha 07-15-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9812219)
To me, Vedder just got old and mailed it in. Look at bands that actually still play decent shit. I used to argue in the 90's that PJ was one of the best bands ever, they blew that.

When did they blow that? I've seen them several times & every show was outstanding. You can also go to their website & buy recordings of most of their shows. I have several and I love them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9812222)
but Pearl Jam sucks now.

No.

Omaha 07-15-2013 11:13 AM

What does everyone think of Mind Your Manners?

Chieficus 07-15-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9813454)

Really like it. Hope it's a good sign for the rest of the album and not simply a good single on a blah album.

rocknrolla 07-15-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9813454)

I really like it. Backspacer was is a great album from beginning to end. I hope this one is too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Omaha 07-15-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 9813999)
I really like it. Backspacer was is a great album from beginning to end. I hope this one is too.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hate that I have to wait until October.

rocknrolla 07-27-2013 11:15 AM

Tickets went on sale at 10am today. Got my OKC and Dallas ticket. They are going fast.

lewdog 07-27-2013 11:16 AM

Just scored two lower level seats to Pearl Jam thanks to my wife who had the fast fingers! Within 5 minutes, all the lower level and floor seating was sold out!

Seeing them 10 minutes from my house here in Phoenix.

rocknrolla 07-27-2013 12:17 PM

Got lower level in Dallas. OKC was going too fast.got front row club level through broker. Sucks its not til November.

lewdog 07-27-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 9838109)
Got lower level in Dallas. OKC was going too fast.got front row club level through broker. Sucks its not til November.

Nah, gives me a solid month of listening to the new album before the concert so I can scream along!

Omaha 07-29-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9838158)
Nah, gives me a solid month of listening to the new album before the concert so I can scream along!

What a treat that will surely be for everyone seated around you!

lewdog 07-29-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9842765)
What a treat that will surely be for everyone seated around you!

No doubt. I can't ****ing wait!

Mojo Rising 07-30-2013 12:40 AM

I will be attending the PJ LA Sports Arena show. Looking forward to it.

One warning, no matter which side of the political fence you land on, you will get a lecture on modern liberalism during the show.

I saw them in Mountain View, CA (Bay Area) very close to the election when Bush was re-elected. I appreciate freedom of speech and all but Vedder makes a point to talk politics. I am going for the music.

Maybe it was just the night I saw them. However, I have read suggestions that when PJ came up Nirvana made them look poppish so they had to get street cred and be tough, so Vedder took a stance of"I dont care if you dont like my politics."

They're a great band. Love the balls of the guitarist to admit why he dis appears for up to 15 minutes during a show.

Looking forward to my 1st show at LASA!!!!!

Rausch 07-30-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 9844301)
I will be attending the PJ LA Sports Arena show. Looking forward to it.

One warning, no matter which side of the political fence you land on, you will get a lecture on modern liberalism during the show.

I saw them in Mountain View, CA (Bay Area) very close to the election when Bush was re-elected. I appreciate freedom of speech and all but Vedder makes a point to talk politics. I am going for the music.

Maybe it was just the night I saw them. However, I have read suggestions that when PJ came up Nirvana made them look poppish so they had to get street cred and be tough, so Vedder took a stance of"I dont care if you dont like my politics."

They're a great band. Love the balls of the guitarist to admit why he dis appears for up to 15 minutes during a show.

Looking forward to my 1st show at LASA!!!!!

This happened years ago when they played around the 4th of July at Riverport and then Sandstone. I was at the Riverport show and and it was song, political views, two songs, about 5 minutes of political views.

Then about an hour of solid music where they ****ing knocked it out of the park.