ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Pearl Jam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225055)

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-27-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6781505)
Go sit in the corner, ROR. You're on time-out. %(/

YOU....

...can suck a wet noodle.:p :D

Red Brooklyn 05-31-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6784844)
YOU....

...can suck a wet noodle.:p :D

:cuss:
why I outta....

:D

Red Brooklyn 07-13-2013 07:18 PM

They're baaaaaa-aaack!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhODYyZVL6Y

As a long time fan, I gotta say, this is the most excited I've been by a Pearl Jam lead single since like 2002. This thing sounds great.

lewdog 07-13-2013 10:25 PM

Tour on the way later this year after their new album release in October. I'm jacked and will be seeing them here in Phoenix!

DaneMcCloud 07-13-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6612047)
I'm thinking about going. I don't really like Pearl Jam much, but tickets aren't outrageously expensive ($50 - $70 before service charge) and I have a friend who really wants to go.

Wow, $50 - $70 is outrageous? Dude, I can't touch tickets like that (if I have to pay for them) for less than $250 minimum. We saw Aerosmith a few years back at the Hollywood Bowl, had decent seats, just decent, and it was $600.00.

FWIW, one of my old Uni Music buddies took me to see Pearl Jam in 2010 at the Gibson Amphitheater. I haven't been a "fan" since the early 90's and the last time I actually saw them was at the free concert on the green at KU back in 1992 (in which they were phenomenal).

Suffice to saw, Pearl Jam completely blew me a away. The musicianship of the band and the voice of Eddie Vedder, not to mention the songs, were nothing short of legendary. The entire band was flat out awesome.

It didn't hurt that Chris Cornell came out as the encore and sang "Hunger Strike" and "Say Hello to Heaven".

My advice? Go. For $70 dollars, I'll bet you'll have an unforgettable night, if the room sounds good.

Edit: :facepalm:

2010?

Demonpenz 07-13-2013 11:21 PM

Them on Austin City Limits cemented it for me. Great Band.

rocknrolla 07-13-2013 11:30 PM

You know I'm down. Put me down for OKC and Dallas! Really like what I've heard so far.
If anyone gets a chance to see them, don't pass it up. It will be one the best shows you have ever see. Even if you are not into them that much.Well worth the scratch!

patteeu 07-14-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9810502)
Wow, $50 - $70 is outrageous? Dude, I can't touch tickets like that (if I have to pay for them) for less than $250 minimum. We saw Aerosmith a few years back at the Hollywood Bowl, had decent seats, just decent, and it was $600.00.

FWIW, one of my old Uni Music buddies took me to see Pearl Jam in 2010 at the Gibson Amphitheater. I haven't been a "fan" since the early 90's and the last time I actually saw them was at the free concert on the green at KU back in 1992 (in which they were phenomenal).

Suffice to saw, Pearl Jam completely blew me a away. The musicianship of the band and the voice of Eddie Vedder, not to mention the songs, were nothing short of legendary. The entire band was flat out awesome.

It didn't hurt that Chris Cornell came out as the encore and sang "Hunger Strike" and "Say Hello to Heaven".

My advice? Go. For $70 dollars, I'll bet you'll have an unforgettable night, if the room sounds good.

2010?

:) FWIW, I pre-emptively took your advice and went. It was good.

BlackHelicopters 07-14-2013 11:39 AM

Will go to KC to see them if they are in KC.

patteeu 07-14-2013 11:57 AM

http://celebrationexoticcars.com/201...kWarburton.jpg

Tangentially related to the thread, Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement, Family Guy, Seinfeld, etc.) did an interview with The Nerdist earlier this year and they spent a lot of time discussing his Pearl Jam obsession, the "Pearl Jam shrine" in his basement, and his celebrity-enabled friendship with Eddie Vedder.

lewdog 07-14-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9811304)
Will go to KC to see them if they are in KC.

Oct. 11: Pittsburgh (Consol Energy Center)
Oct. 12: Buffalo, N.Y. (First Niagara Center)
Oct. 15: Worcester, Mass (DCU Center)
Oct. 18: Brooklyn, N.Y. (Barclays Center)
Oct. 19: Brooklyn, N.Y. (Barclays Center)
Oct. 21: Philadelphia (Wells Fargo Center)
Oct. 22: Philadelphia (Wells Fargo Center)
Oct. 25: Hartford, Conn. (XL Center)
Oct. 27: Baltimore, Md. (1st Mariner Arena)
Oct. 29: Charlottesville, Va. (John Paul Jones Arena)

Oct. 30: Charlotte, N.C. (Time Warner Cable Arena)
Nov. 1-3 *: New Orleans (Voodoo Music + Arts Experience)
Nov. 15: Dallas (American Airlines Arena)
Nov. 16: Oklahoma City (Chesapeake Energy Arena)
Nov. 19: Phoenix (Jobing.com Arena)
Nov. 21: San Diego (Viejas Arena)
Nov. 23: Los Angeles (Sports Arena)
Nov. 24: Los Angeles (Sports Arena)
Nov. 26: Oakland, Calif. (Oracle Arena)
Nov. 29: Portland, Ore . (Rose Garden Arena)
Nov. 30: Spokane, Wash. (Spokane Arena)
Dec. 2: Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Scotiabank Saddledome)
Dec. 4: Vancouver, B.C. , Canada (Rogers Arena)
Dec. 6: Seattle (Key Arena)

rocknrolla 07-14-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9811374)
http://celebrationexoticcars.com/201...kWarburton.jpg

Tangentially related to the thread, Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement, Family Guy, Seinfeld, etc.) did an interview with The Nerdist earlier this year and they spent a lot of time discussing his Pearl Jam obsession, the "Pearl Jam shrine" in his basement, and his celebrity-enabled friendship with Eddie Vedder.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...dNHMZnX9tgYPkQ

But he's a face painter. GO DEVILS!

Consistent1 07-14-2013 04:42 PM

To me, Vedder just got old and mailed it in. Look at bands that actually still play decent shit. I used to argue in the 90's that PJ was one of the best bands ever, they blew that.

Consistent1 07-14-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9810502)

2010?

And those songs with Cornell are something I would love to see, but Pearl Jam sucks now.

Consistent1 07-14-2013 04:45 PM

Call me a dog...lmao