ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Pearl Jam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225055)

ILChief 10-05-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 10981425)
Huge fan. Was that the first time you have seen them? Did anyone open for them?

Yes this was my first time seeing them. No opener just them for three hours plus straight.

rocknrolla 10-05-2014 10:07 AM

Good to know. So now I know to be there on time and in our seats. This wills be my 30 something show. If you go to pearljam.com you will be able to buy the bootleg of the show in a week or so. Glad you had a good time.

ILChief 10-09-2014 05:59 AM

How was the Tulsa show?

rocknrolla 10-09-2014 08:13 PM

After every show, I say that was the best one yet. The set last night was the best!

KevB 10-10-2014 04:52 PM

Three straight hours would be amazing. I was able to go backstage and then watch on the side stage/front row several years ago at Sandstone. It rained for part of the concert.....best show I've ever seen given the performance and my unique access.

Coochie liquor 02-23-2015 08:11 AM

I used to LOVE Pearl Jam. Kinda grew out of them. But yesterday they were playing 20 on Vh1C. Wow, I totally forgot about how out of control they were when they first got big. EV climbing on everything, and swinging around! Took me back any years for a bit, and actually got my adrenaline pumping just watching some of the old performances, and footage. Haven't listened to anything of theirs in so long, but last album of theirs I heard (don't remember the name but it's been years) was just not the same PJ I grew up with

penguinz 02-23-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11342886)
I used to LOVE Pearl Jam. Kinda grew out of them. But yesterday they were playing 20 on Vh1C. Wow, I totally forgot about how out of control they were when they first got big. EV climbing on everything, and swinging around! Took me back any years for a bit, and actually got my adrenaline pumping just watching some of the old performances, and footage. Haven't listened to anything of theirs in so long, but last album of theirs I heard (don't remember the name but it's been years) was just not the same PJ I grew up with

They should have quit after Ten.

lewdog 02-23-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11343517)
They should have quit after Ten.

That might be the dumbest comment you've ever made and their 20+ years of continued performing for sold out venues say you're reeruned.

penguinz 02-23-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11343826)
That might be the dumbest comment you've ever made and their 20+ years of continued performing for sold out venues say you're reeruned.

Nah. Personal opinion. ;-). I didn't like any of their music after Ten.

Great Expectations 02-23-2015 09:15 PM

Ten, Vs, and Vitalogy are masterpieces. They've had some fantastic singles on each of their other albums as well. Given to Fly is one of the most underrated songs of the last 25 years

mdstu 02-23-2015 09:26 PM

A couple months ago, I put "No Code" on the player on a whim. I forgot what a beautiful album it was. Very soothing.

Rausch 02-24-2015 01:11 AM

I have not listened to nor will I buy the new Pearl Jam or Pink Floyd albums until the day before the NFL draft.

This year will be different. This year I will have HOURS of (new to me) music I love to ease me in to the inevitable fail.

Rausch 02-24-2015 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdstu (Post 11344257)
A couple months ago, I put "No Code" on the player on a whim. I forgot what a beautiful album it was. Very soothing.

I'm so nostalgic at this point I nearly pissed myself when the local station played two songs off of "vs" the other night...

stevieray 02-24-2015 01:27 AM

Really like just breathe....but yeah wore out ten , vs and vitalogy

Rausch 02-24-2015 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11344750)
Really like just breathe....but yeah wore out ten , vs and vitalogy

After me and the wife went our ways it was rough. About 3 or 4 months before she flew back "just breathe" came out.

Every day that was on before I went in and on again after I got off.