ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid Draft Record is Nothing to Get Excited About (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268512)

O.city 01-04-2013 10:52 PM

And I'm not saying you CAN"T get pillar guys outside of that. The top 5 players drafted are the absolute blue chip top notch guys.

O.city 01-04-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9283713)
Patriots:
Mankins, Wilfolk, Ty Warren, Merriweather, Mayo, Seymour.

These look a little better than Andy's group.

Merriweather isn't with them anymore, Seymour was a top 6 pick, and Warren is a journey man.

Like I said, Mankins and Wilfork were great picks.

Deberg_1990 01-04-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Patriots:

Pats Luckiest 6th round draft pick of all time > McNabb

DeezNutz 01-04-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Patriots:

I'd trade all of those players for a QB of McNabb's quality.

It's the ultimate ace card. You can't ****! You licked my balls. You have a small penis! You licked my balls. You're an asshole! You licked my balls.

McNabb is the tongue on the testicles. The QB Whisperer gave the finger to the fanbase, and he was right. He was ****ing right.

CaliforniaChief 01-04-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9283723)
I'd trade all of those players for a QB of McNabb's quality.

It's the ultimate ace card. You can't ****! You licked my balls. You have a small penis! You licked my balls. You're an asshole! You licked my balls.

McNabb is the tongue on the testicles. The QB Whisperer gave the finger to the fanbase, and he was right. He was ****ing right.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

O.city 01-04-2013 10:56 PM

How many of those Pats picks would you say are studs?

Shox 01-04-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9283737)
How many of those Pats picks would you say are studs?

Mankins, Seymour and Wilfolk without question.

Pin Head 01-04-2013 11:00 PM

Watch..Reid throws in a 7th for Matt Flynn.

DeezNutz 01-04-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9283752)
Mankins, Seymour and Wilfolk without question.

And I'd rather have McNabb than any of these players every day of every ****ing week for the rest of time.

splatbass 01-04-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9283658)
Ummm I acknowledged this fact. You should still have better quality than this. Compare it to the Patriots 1st rounders. Patriots >>>>>>> Eagles

If the point of the NFL was to win drafts you might have a point (but not really), but the point of the NFL is to win games. If you win games who gives a **** how your drafts turned out?

Messier 01-04-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9283694)
So the Giants don't get cornerstone players in:
JPP, Aukumara (sp), Nicks, David Wilson,Kenny Phillips, Aaron Ross, Shockey, Will Allen

You're calling these players cornerstones? Wilson isn't the starting Rb, Ross isn't with the team and wasn't a full time starter. Amukumara, just had his first uninjured season. Why is he a cornerstone, yet the 1st rounders from the last three years for Reid are TBD?

Shox 01-04-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9283768)
If the point of the NFL was to win drafts you might have a point (but not really), but the point of the NFL is to win games. If you win games who gives a **** how your drafts turned out?

Agree, but you must have players to win. My point is Reid's trend is to go out any buy players on the FA market rather than build from great drafting.

I'm not sure Clark is going to open the checkbook like the Eagles did.

Shox 01-04-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9283799)
You're calling these players cornerstones? Wilson isn't the starting Rb, Ross isn't with the team and wasn't a full time starter. Amukumara, just had his first uninjured season. Why is he a cornerstone, yet the 1st rounders from the last three years for Reid are TBD?

I will take those 3 over Andy's three any day.

FloridaMan88 01-04-2013 11:07 PM

This is why John Dorsey's presence in KC will be important.

keg in kc 01-04-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9283802)
Agree, but you must have players to win. My point is Reid's trend is to go out any buy players on the FA market rather than build from great drafting.

I'm not sure Clark is going to open the checkbook like the Eagles did.

Only the last two years.

For the 12 years prior to that, the Eagles lived and died with the draft, and constantly replaced guys with new picks as soon as they hit their 30s.