ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Dark Knight Rises *Spoilers* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261597)

Buck 07-20-2012 09:53 PM

I went and saw this at the only IMAX theater in San Diego and when I got out there were news vans everywhere in the parking lot.

Also the ushers checked the emergency exits about every 10 min through the movie.

Really weird.

mdchiefsfan 07-20-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8757058)
I went and saw this at the only IMAX theater in San Diego and when I got out there were news vans everywhere in the parking lot.

Also the ushers checked the emergency exits about every 10 min through the movie.

Really weird.

Possible new security proceedures after the shootings?

Chiefs Pantalones 07-20-2012 11:47 PM

Was that the bat signal at the end? Does that mean he's still gonna be Batman? Will there be a Batman and Robin movie now?

Silock 07-20-2012 11:56 PM

I didn't see it so much as preparing the way for a new movie, but the idea that "Batman" will live on. One of the themes of these movies was Batman giving the city hope so that someone else would step up. I think he hoped it would be the police or Harvey Dent or ordinary citizens, but at least SOMEONE else was going to come to the aid of the city when it needed it in the future.

Sannyasi 07-21-2012 12:01 AM

Didn't like this movie at all. Didn't care about Catwoman, didn't care about Robin. Bane was boring, the romance was uninteresting. Every bit of the first half of the movie was written to service a plot that wasn't that good to begin with. Batman spends so much of the movie down a hole that I really need to come to care about these other characters, and to learn about who these people are. But there were so few character moments in the film, instead it was all this neat and tidy, "Now let's show the bat tanks, that's going to be important" bullshit.

OnTheWarpath15 07-21-2012 12:21 AM

I haven't seen it since it first came out, but I don't recall the actress that plays Talia Al Ghul having that rack in Inception.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-21-2012 01:02 AM

FYI Bale did change his tune mentioning last month that he'd be open to doing another Batman movie with Nolan if he wanted to. After this one it'd be a shame not to do a Batman and Robin film. The fans will be salivating for it. The chemistry between Bale and JGL is too good to pass up.

Silock 07-21-2012 01:10 AM

I doubt it will happen. Nolan's Batman is too old and broken. The only way it could be pulled off is the "Batman Beyond" kind of thing, where an old Bruce Wayne helps a younger man become Batman/Robin. I think that would suck, TBH.

It should be left where it is. It began and ended perfectly and should be left as the neat package it is.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-21-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8757251)
I doubt it will happen. Nolan's Batman is too old and broken. The only way it could be pulled off is the "Batman Beyond" kind of thing, where an old Bruce Wayne helps a younger man become Batman/Robin. I think that would suck, TBH.

It should be left where it is. It began and ended perfectly and should be left as the neat package it is.

I wouldn't mind either way I'm just saying that after this one the fans will be demanding more. A Batman and Robin movie would be sick but I'd be fine without it. But man...how awesome would that be?

Silock 07-21-2012 01:19 AM

There will definitely be more Batman flicks, but it will be hard for anyone to ever top or equal these. Which is awesome, but kinda sad, too.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-21-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8757254)
There will definitely be more Batman flicks, but it will be hard for anyone to ever top or equal these. Which is awesome, but kinda sad, too.

True that. A fourth one with Batman and Robin (with Bale and JGL) is almost too good to pass up. It'd be like taking candy from a baby.

Silock 07-21-2012 01:25 AM

I'd see it, just because I'm a sucker for comic book flicks. But I know it wouldn't be as good as I'd want it to be.

big nasty kcnut 07-21-2012 07:33 AM

Spoiler!

mdchiefsfan 07-21-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8757220)
Was that the bat signal at the end? Does that mean he's still gonna be Batman? Will there be a Batman and Robin movie now?

One thing that they could be doing is relieving Bale from his role (since he said he would only do Batman if Nolan wrote another film) and prepping for the next Batman for a potential Justice League movie, in the event they decide to go forward with it. I can only hope.

58kcfan89 07-21-2012 09:03 AM

Saw this last night & freaking loved it. It wasn't perfect, but I thought it was a damn good movie & I'll definitely be seeing it again.

I don't know how well it'd go over, and I'm not even that big of a Robin fan in general, but I could see them trying to make a Robin movie with Batman/Bale having a cameo, and I can see myself watching it. As awesome as it'd be to see Bale back, it wouldn't make much sense considering he retired & passed the torch to JGL.