ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox midseason 2012/13: The Following (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259526)

frankotank 05-01-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9646567)
Watching The Following is acceptable, but not if you aren't also watching Hannibal.

Hannibal is 100x the show The Following is.

yes!
yes!
Hannibal! Hannibal!

frigging awesome.

Joe dying....dude....it was a BOAT house....jump into the water. so I was like...no WAY he's dead...and then they go and talk about dental records and DNA. no Joe....that's gonna hurt the show imo. the following is aight, but Hannibal....wow.

BWillie 05-01-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9646350)
I thought the way it ended with Joe was pretty weak, but overall the first season was good

I agree, and the way Roderick went out was even worse. Roderick would have been a perfect character to carry the "torch" so to speak. I think it's likely Joe Carroll is still not dead, if he is dead, I really don't know what direction the show will go. Emma is not an interesting enough character. We don't know much about Ryan's slut neighbor, but she doesn't really seem that interesting either. This show loves flashbacks, and I think they should keep Joe and have flashbacks going back to his childhood and life before Claire about why he is the way he is.

Lzen 05-02-2013 11:17 AM

This show is so frustrating. They make so many stupid decisions. Uggghhh. Why do I continue watching?

DJJasonp 05-02-2013 02:17 PM

How many times can an FBI agent find who they are looking for - especially a child - and then easily get distracted by a noise and say "wait here.....I'll be right back...."

DaveNull 05-03-2013 05:28 AM

So that was a pretty disappointing finale. They never did explain why the FBI girl brought the Poe book to Joe when he was still locked up. The reality distortion that's required ("We can't trace the cell phone because it's being bounced through multiple servers") exceeds even 24.

rocknrolla 11-11-2013 12:53 PM

Watched the first season this weekend on Neflix. It was very entertaining, yet pretty far fetched. Season 2 could be questionable. I think it would have been great if it was just a one season show. From what I've read here, I gotta check out Hannibal.

Bowser 03-13-2014 09:12 PM

Anybody still watching this piece of shit? I'm not sure why I keep watching it off the DVIR. It's become so ludicrous that it is a caricature of itself.

If there is a real life threat like a Joe Carroll or any of the other crazies in this show, I sincerely hope our FBI/law enforcement officials are just a *tad* more sharp than the idiots portrayed in this show. I can suspend belief/reality with the best of them, but damn.

Simply Red 02-28-2018 11:43 PM

jeez man - this think has aged quickly - embarrasingly enough - I'm just getting to it. :/

007 02-28-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13444788)
jeez man - this think has aged quickly - embarrasingly enough - I'm just getting to it. :/

Now thats a thread bump. Wonder if it falls within the forum rules. :D

keg in kc 03-01-2018 05:41 PM

Hey Red, there's this new show on HBO I think you might like. The Wire. Check it out!

listopencil 03-04-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13445757)
Hey Red, there's this new show on HBO I think you might like. The Wire. Check it out!

I'm going to start watching that once The Shield wraps up.