ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFT: Stanley Cup Playoff Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139326)

Sully 04-21-2006 07:56 AM

NFT: Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

I know there are a small group of us that are into this. With the playoffs starting tonight I am already feeling a little crazed. So here is a thread we can use to keep it all together and not clutter the Planet with threads everytime we have a new playoff thought.
Thanks to those hockey haters for your toleration.

I'm looking for a bracket to post, but have yet to find a decent one.

Sully 04-21-2006 07:57 AM

As for my Wings:
They went through the regular season like a hot knife through butter, and I think it will take a little bit for them to get into the next gear for the second season.
Against Edmonton, I say... Wings in 6.

morphius 04-21-2006 08:02 AM

Isn't the Presidents trophy bad luck?

Sully 04-21-2006 08:04 AM

Only for the Blues.

Actually, before the game against the Stars, they presented the team with the President's Trophy, and the guys went out for the photographs, etc. They refused tot ouch it. They stood, very uncomfortably looking, right next to it, but wouldn't touch it at all.

chiefqueen 04-21-2006 08:06 AM

Is it even on TV?

Deberg_1990 04-21-2006 08:06 AM

Whats Hockey?? Ive never heard of this sport????

Sully 04-21-2006 08:06 AM

I'm sure most of it is on TV. I have the NHL package, though. So I haven't bothered to check.

morphius 04-21-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully
Only for the Blues.

Actually, before the game against the Stars, they presented the team with the President's Trophy, and the guys went out for the photographs, etc. They refused tot ouch it. They stood, very uncomfortably looking, right next to it, but wouldn't touch it at all.

I think thats pretty normal in hockey now, I don't think anyone ever touches that one any more.

morphius 04-21-2006 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Whats Hockey?? Ive never heard of this sport????

Throw in some good hard rock, turn down the announcers and just watch.

Deberg_1990 04-21-2006 08:13 AM

Its funny, Hockey is kind of like Soccer. They are both extremely polarizing. You are either very passionate about it or dont like it at all. There seems to be no in between. You can have casual viewers of NBA, MLB and NFL, but not NHL.

morphius 04-21-2006 08:15 AM

Quote:

Its funny, Hockey is kind of like Soccer. They are both extremely polarizing. You are either very passionate about it or dont like it at all. There seems to be no in between. You can have casual viewers of NBA, MLB and NFL, but not NHL.

I don't know, I think the NBA is the same way.

Hockey is also kind of like football, lots of good hits.

Sully 04-21-2006 08:18 AM

I agree DeBerg.
That's why I think between NBA and NHL, KC should get NHL. Once you are hooked on the NHL, you are hooked and loyal.
With the cassualness of being an NBA fan, if the team is poor, you have too many alternatives in this area.

Deberg_1990 04-21-2006 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
I don't know, I think the NBA is the same way.

Hockey is also kind of like football, lots of good hits.

Its hard for me to watch. Skip Bayliss puts it best. Its "organized chaos"

Sully 04-21-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Although I hate Bayless, he's right about that, but not about it being a bad game.

I guess it's just the difference between liking organized chaos or not. It's chaos in that there is a lot of ad-libbing and unpredictability. but it is organized in that there are plays run, and definite techniques. There is a beautiful texture to the play, once you really watch it.

morphius 04-21-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

So is a fast break in basketball, but I doubt he bitches about that when someone finishes off with a dunk.

I'm just saying...