ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs trade (Arenas) for...wait for it...a FB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272672)

Brock 10-29-2013 09:54 AM

The posts by "SHOX" itt are hilarious.

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137406)
Dude didn't even make the practice squad. It's obviously not as bad as the Fisher pick, but it was still pissed away.

Who cares? How many 6th rounders are their in the NFL and how many initially made a roster?

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10137425)
How many teams cut a 2013 draft pick before the season? I have no idea, just wondering. How many teams cut two?

Many will cut a pick or two, but they are almost always signed back to the practice squad unless some time steals them away like we did Cooper. To just flat out cut a player is admitting a **** up, but to their credit at least they admitted it and cut bait.

DJ's left nut 10-29-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10137429)
The posts by "SHOX" itt are hilarious.

Man, I forgot about that idiocy. What a ****ing half-wit that guy is.

Hoover probably gets to claim the 'best post' award for this thread, but I'm pretty happy with where I end up as well. Sherman has been an outstanding STs player for us. What I didn't realize was that Andy was going to feature the FB position like he has.

I guess I should have - he was pretty keyed up on getting some of them in here.

Fuggit - I liked the trade then and like it even more now. I'll take it.

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137440)
Many will cut a pick or two, but they are almost always signed back to the practice squad unless some time steals them away like we did Cooper. To just flat out cut a player is admitting a **** up, but to their credit at least they admitted it and cut bait.

He was number 204, dipshit. The second of the Chiefs sixth round picks.

Your posts just prove that you love to bitch.

Oh, and that you don't know dick about the NFL, but that's common knowledge by now.

Brock 10-29-2013 10:05 AM

The Braden Wilson pick was a wtf moment.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10137469)
He was number 204, dipshit. The second of the Chiefs sixth round picks.

Your posts just prove that you love to bitch.

Oh, and that you don't know dick about the NFL, but that's common knowledge by now.

The post where I said they ****ed up the pick, but at least were able to admit it?

RealSNR 10-29-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10137372)
LMAO

Yeah, every GM should be chastised for a 6th round pick that doesn't pan out.

:facepalm:

Before training camp even starts to find out if he sucks?

Saul Good 10-29-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9649143)
other gms have erotic dreams about trading with Dorsey...

I bet this one started as a dare one night when Arizona's front office was getting shit faced...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9649182)
Nailed it...

GMs around the league were salivating while watching the tape of Javier ****ing Arenas and wondering how they could possibly swing a deal for him.

The dude was and is garbage. He was going to get cut. The FB was going to get cut. Who ****ing cares?

I swear...if we win the ****ing Super Bowl, people around here are going to bitch about not having anything to bitch about. All of the know it all armchair GMs around here must not feel stupid enough about the entire season spent cheering for losses so they could get the number one pick and blow it on a guy who went in the middle of the second round, so they have decided to hitch their wagons to a shitty nickel back.

Spoiler alert: You still look dumb.

Good call, Saul.

jspchief 10-29-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137483)
The post where I said they ****ed up the pick, but at least were able to admit it?

Look pal, Dane is going to call someone a dumb**** and there's not a god damn thing you can do it about it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-29-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10137515)
Look pal, Dane is going to call someone a dumb**** and there's not a god damn thing you can do it about it.

LMAO

It is what it is.

patteeu 10-29-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10137386)
No one's blocking is even close.

Collin Mooney has a significantly better per snap blocking rating, but otherwise Sherman stands alone.

RealSNR 10-29-2013 10:33 AM

Nobody bitched about the AJ Jenkins trade when it happened even though AJ Jenkins had yet to log a single catch in his NFL career.

saphojunkie 10-29-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10137440)

In my opinion, this is way more important.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10137632)
In my opinion, this is way more important.

I'd have to agree. The ability to cut bait on any player that you drafted/signed trumps the ability to hit on 6th round picks. Pioli taught us all that to well.